Update from T-Mobile?

Search This thread

Jay Rock

Sep 27, 2011
San Diego
So I received an update from T-Mobile which said it had stability improvements. But then I also noticed they updated the baseband. I can't see or feel any noticeable changes. Just putting it out there in case you haven't gotten anything yet if you're on stock. I was hyped for something else :p

yhuma4ad.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: anil2653 and ndwgs

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Maybe they finally fixed the bug that you couldn't make calls until you rebooted or toggled airplane mode

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

tonytien

Nov 5, 2012
Screenshot_2014-03-15-12-56-40.png

Yuck, vague changelog. Hopefully this is another thing T-Mobile can change for us geeks :p

JustZaphod

Oct 22, 2013
Nowhere
So I received an update from T-Mobile which said it had stability improvements. But then I also noticed they updated the baseband. I can't see or feel any noticeable changes. Just putting it out there in case you haven't gotten anything yet if you're on stock. I was hyped for something else :p

yhuma4ad.jpg

More than likely because of this http://www.computerworld.com/s/arti...s_to_some_Samsung_Galaxy_devices?pageNumber=1

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
This indeed is the most recent update Rolled out by Samsung. It very well could be related to the flaw discovered. It is also likely meant to answer the signal issues some users have experienced with the last update. I have posted a little guide to Root this version.

WhoWhere

Oct 24, 2010
Would it be possible to get a modem pulled from the new update?

Sent from my Samsung SGH-T999

JustZaphod

Oct 22, 2013
Nowhere

Flashed this on my SRX 3.0 rom (DeKnoxed Android 4.3)for T Mobile and now in settings it says "No Baseband"
Flashing the back the MK4 baseband..

I'm thinking maybe I might need to upgrade my bootloader, I think Ill stick to the MK4 for a while longer..

Edit: Wait a minute. Is this for the T999L or just the T999?

Last edited:

Richcar

Jan 14, 2011
I flash the NC2 modem and it mess up my wifi , wifi would not turn on had to flash back to MJC and wifi is working again.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yhuma4ad.jpg

Already Done Over here.
    Which rom, bootloader, kernel?

I'm running stock non-rooted..
    I wouldn't recommend upgrading your bootloader unless you had absolutely no choice.
    Once you update your bootloader (given if its the correct one) you cant go back to the old one..

also if you go on to accidentally flash the wrong bootloader you will hard brick your device..

My S3 T999L is on the MJC Bootloader and the MK4 modem..
    I did try flashing the NC2 for the T999 to my T999L, and I got no signal and "No Baseband" in my settings

Edit: If you already have upgraded to the NC2 bootloader you should be able to install the NC2 modem with no issues..
    However there is no going back on the Bootloader.
    Your post reminds me of this one. For the ones with Wi-Fi woes with NC2, please try the following, as this is what I did and I've no issues:

1. Flash the full ODIN firmware. Please, you don't "lose" anything by upgrading your bootloader nor you have anything to gain going back to an older one. If anything, I remind people that this very recent firmware might be a reaction to this. I'd rather upgrade.

2. Flash TWRP via ODIN (.tar available here)

3. Flash back to your favorite nandroid or ROM.
    4. All working.

^ Heck, that's all I did even with MJC and everything worked while a lot of people mixing old with new had problems or had to use an older, leaked kernel. I don't know why all the FUD surrounding bootloaders on our side. Our T-mobile side's bootloaders don't have KNOX locking the bootloader so there is nothing to worry about. The ones that should "worry" are the people from the AT&T side since they have KNOX in their bootloaders, and even that is simple to unlock.
    No use

I follow 3 times step by step the guide and SuperSU has stopped continues, just dont let me do anything.

Odin flash is succeed but that evil knox is not letting do anything, I check with Root Checker, no luck.

Any other advice will be aprecciated!!!

Remember you must enter the SuperSU app, and then the app will ask you if you want to disable KNOX for good, tap Yes and you're done. If it fails, can you try flashing this in TWRP?