[Q] Is my phone dead?

Search This thread

wikitiki

Dec 5, 2011
Here's what happened. My phone (running Slimbean 4.3) was plugged into my computer and I was going to drag and drop some music into it when the computer froze and then disconnected the phone. Phone also went black and now can't power on. No boot screen, and can't even get into download or recovery mode. Tried to use a different battery, doesn't work. Connecting it to the computer it, the computer makes a quick 3 note sound as if you disconnected something from a USB port. I think this is good bye for my almost 2 and a half year old Hercules? :(

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
Here's what happened. My phone (running Slimbean 4.3) was plugged into my computer and I was going to drag and drop some music into it when the computer froze and then disconnected the phone. Phone also went black and now can't power on. No boot screen, and can't even get into download or recovery mode. Tried to use a different battery, doesn't work. Connecting it to the computer it, the computer makes a quick 3 note sound as if you disconnected something from a USB port. I think this is good bye for my almost 2 and a half year old Hercules? :(
Slim was one of the first ROMs I tried when I got this phone, and as with a few others, if it RRs it can take several miuntes to reboot. Even after a battery pull. See if you can get into recovery by holding the power button down, then the power up and power down button all three at the same time. In fact try two or three times until you make it. If the phone is vibrating while you are trying your phone is not dead at all. In that case wait for the phone to boot and give it about 10 minutes tops. If nothing is happening, no vibration, no logo, no nothing, yeah you're done.

Reactions: wikitiki

wikitiki

Dec 5, 2011
Slim was one of the first ROMs I tried when I got this phone, and as with a few others, if it RRs it can take several miuntes to reboot. Even after a battery pull. See if you can get into recovery by holding the power button down, then the power up and power down button all three at the same time. In fact try two or three times until you make it. If the phone is vibrating while you are trying your phone is not dead at all. In that case wait for the phone to boot and give it about 10 minutes tops. If nothing is happening, no vibration, no logo, no nothing, yeah you're done.

Yeah I'm used to the reboots with vibrations. But this time there's none of that. The only signs of life are from the sound disconnecting when i plug it into my computer or from the stock charging adapter (high frequency sound when uncharged). Oh well. RIP Hercules, my first Android smartphone.

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
Yeah I'm used to the reboots with vibrations. But this time there's none of that. The only signs of life are from the sound disconnecting when i plug it into my computer or from the stock charging adapter (high frequency sound when uncharged). Oh well. RIP Hercules, my first Android smartphone.
Well, the good news is you can move on to something better. Lots of great options out there right now.

jondoe27

Mar 16, 2014
I've had the situation like that before. ODIN could pick up a port sometimes from feels like a dead phone. Try flush a stock ROM with this open port.It will fail because this is a media port. However it would installed smth which let the phone get in download mode after pulling out/reinserting the battery. No guaranty but might help.

D

Darth

Try Odin as said. If not....new phone. :)

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.