Cruzerlite or Puregear ?

Search This thread

axlastro

Jan 6, 2008
Hey guys, I'm getting a case for my white G2 D802 international version and I'm going to choose between the cruzerlite bugdroid case and the pure gear slim case. I want maximum protection from a slim case, so I guess those are the best for me. I'm worried that the slimgear will not provide as much protection as the cruzerlite though. Which one of these cases has better screen protection (lip) and which color would you choose - I'd get the white Puregear, but cruzerlite has many options - I'm choosing between the Teal color and maybe the white or clear color, but I'm afraid any white TPU case will get dirty and uncleanable.

PloniAlmoni

Sep 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I have the clear cruzerlite bugdroid one, it looks great on my white Sprint LG G2, and provides good protection for a case of its type. (If you really need good drop protection though, you need something like an Otterbox or the equivalent.)

PloniAlmoni

Sep 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY

I tried to take some with my point-and-shoot, but my point-and-shoot with its 7.5 megapixel camera with optical image stabilization, got jealous of the LG G2's 13 megapixel OIS camera and died. ;)

Actually, the camera's battery died as I tried to take a picture of the phone with its case face-down, which might have been more instructive as it's hard to see otherwise. It makes a good story though. The fact that the battery wasn't ready and I didn't bother to fix it does say how the LG G2 has replaced my point and shoot for quality photos... :)

Anyway, I'll try to post pictures of it, even though since it's clear it's hard to evaluate from front-on...
vBku2JG.jpg

Reactions: axlastro

axlastro

Jan 6, 2008
I don't know. It looks like I might like the Teal more, or maybe white, but white ones tend to get paited by jeans pockets.

P.S. Still waiting for more pics on the clear one. Thanks again!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PloniAlmoni

Sep 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I'd love to buy CL cases if the back design wasn't so tacky looking. :/

Oh come on, you don't like circuitdroid? :-O

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I don't know. It looks like I might like the Teal more, or maybe white, but white ones tend to get paited by jeans pockets.

P.S. Still waiting for more pics on the clear one. Thanks again!

I'd choose teal or clear. The white one is known to have that problem according to others in this forum.

mackster248

Aug 1, 2009
Palmdale, CA
Oh come on, you don't like circuitdroid? :-O

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I'd choose teal or clear. The white one is known to have that problem according to others in this forum.

Yeah, even those. I've owned plenty of CL cases though, basically due to the awesome quality. I just never found their designs of them to be nice. Totally just my feeling though, I know a lot like em and can't blame em, they're great cases.

axlastro

Jan 6, 2008
So any suggestions for a screen protector that plays good with the cruzerlite?

oesjmr

Jan 10, 2011
Ohio
HTC Supersonic
LG G Pad 8.3
I have a Cruzerlite case on my Sprint G2 and feel it's a great value for the price. A couple of weeks ago my father-in-law accidentally knocked my phone from my hand while we were standing in a line. The phone fell forcefully about three feet to the concrete sidewalk. Fearing the worst, I picked up the phone and there wasn't a scratch on it!

I have a Zagg InvisibleShield on my phone, but it sometimes bubbles up along the edges with the Cruzerlite case. No big deal as I can press it back into place, but there may be better options out there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I tried to take some with my point-and-shoot, but my point-and-shoot with its 7.5 megapixel camera with optical image stabilization, got jealous of the LG G2's 13 megapixel OIS camera and died. ;)

Actually, the camera's battery died as I tried to take a picture of the phone with its case face-down, which might have been more instructive as it's hard to see otherwise. It makes a good story though. The fact that the battery wasn't ready and I didn't bother to fix it does say how the LG G2 has replaced my point and shoot for quality photos... :)

Anyway, I'll try to post pictures of it, even though since it's clear it's hard to evaluate from front-on...
    vBku2JG.jpg