[KERNEL & ROM] [RAY] Ray / Stock-based: kernel/rom Repack by 4pda.ru team

Search This thread

pepbcn

Dec 18, 2005
Olesa de Montserrat, Catalonia
Here is the complete CHANGELOG from Aire's new ICS kernel boot_uv_ics_r1.img.

• Support 4.C.1.0.6 stock firmware, 4.C.1.0.7, 4.1.A.0.562.
  • Support for any radio modules, up to 70.
  • Extreme undervolt all frequencies
  • Support for file systems: ext2, ext3, ext4, yaffs2, vfat, NTFS.
  • Overklok to 1.4 GHz. + Frequency of default from 122 to 1401 MHz.
  • Support 4.C.1.0.6 stock firmware, 4.C.1.0.7, 4.1.A.0.562
  • Governer default smartassV2. + ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4
  • Removed services that collect anonymous statistics.
  • Removed support for FOTA.
  • New ramdisk based 4.1.A.0.562
  • Improved stability and reduced the size of the image
  • Supports Call recording

To download, go here (Post #4397) You need login account to download from 4PDA! Here is a dummy username and password: Username: Tolik_61 Password: 230761 provided by BUGMENOT.COM. Credits to Aire!

This is the link for the Repack ROM!

For non-russian readers... log in here with username Tolik_61 and password 230761

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?act=Login&CODE=00

and then:

http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/1642590/boot_uv_ics_r1.img

Don't forget to log out with the link at the right of user name, under 4PDA logo.

Note: I will remove this if someone isnt agree. Sorry.

Last edited:

mydegeneration

Apr 16, 2012
How to install user apps?

Works great,but how to download applications ?

I know how to get ahold of the apps but how do I install them? I tried the regular download of the app through the browser and open apk file then install but they always Force Close on me. I also tried copying the apk file download into the system/app folder and install from there but it didn't work. HELP! I really like this rom and the idea of divorcing from most things "google".

I know how to get ahold of the apps but how do I install them? I tried the regular download of the app through the browser and open apk file then install but they always Force Close on me. I also tried copying the apk file download into the system/app folder and install from there but it didn't work. HELP! I really like this rom and the idea of divorcing from most things "google".

hmmm, maybe flash gapps from cm9?

No, I'm fine without any google apps. I need other user apps like banking apps and qr code apps that won't work with this rom. even instagram doesn't work.

Funny I have instagram installed and other apk back ups i have. No problem at all. Great battery life, no crashes, no bugs at all.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction

Try installing with an APP that has superuser permission (Root Explorer, ROM toolbox, etc)....

mydegeneration

Apr 16, 2012
I used titanium backup to restore my user apps and most of them were restored except for 3 apps. Then I tried manually downloading those missing apps and installing using root explorer but it didn't work. I even tried putting those 3 apps in flashable zips, rebooting and assigning permissions with root explorer but still did not work. Bank of america, Instagram and QR Droid. 3 apps that I use but won't work on this ROM for some strange reason. I mean, even modern combat runs good. I don't get it.

Sent from my ST18i using XDA

Last edited:

mydegeneration

Apr 16, 2012
I used titanium backup to restore my user apps and most of them were restored except for 3 apps. Then I tried manually downloading those missing apps and installing using root explorer but it didn't work. I even tried putting those 3 apps in flashable zips, rebooting and assigning permissions with root explorer but still did not work. Bank of america, Instagram and QR Droid. 3 apps that I use but won't work on this ROM for some strange reason. I mean, even modern combat runs good. I don't get it.

Sent from my ST18i using XDA

fixed this by installing the newest gapps for ICS but deleted most of the unnecessary stuff.
Then I ended up flashing:
1. the [a, b (sliding tab) and c] mods from 10 in 1 mod thread
2. the xperia s music widget and application, the photo widget and weather widget from the ka15 rom.

Also, I'd like to mention that face unlock actually works on this rom.

my xperia ray is SO GOOD right now but I just hope someone can fix the choppy hd recording from ICS.

cheers.

footatoes

Mar 20, 2012
something strange happened to me when I use the last kernel.
my phone keep turning on when charging, even though i already turn it off :confused:

ksmuthucv

Mar 3, 2011
Kernal/ROM Repack

Aire,
As many said before and will be saying afterwards, you have the best kernel for ray. Thank you so much for providing the kernel. Even though ICS update is available for me, i'm not opting for it. Eagerly & impatiently waiting for your ICS kernal and ICS repack rom links:rolleyes:.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We are glad to present our kernel and ROM for Xperia Ray (st18i).

Stock-based ROM with cutting all no-necessary software. Kernel assembled from sources with usefull modifications.

ROM is very light-weight but powerful. There are NO any google apps in ROM. This is our rule. You can install it from "standard" GAPPS packadge from CM 7.2 topic.
    You may use kernel with our rom or with your own stock-based rom including full stock, with any baseband. (we recommend 58 radio).
    Both the kernel and the rom have passed test many weeks before we offer it to you.

ROM features:

- removed bloatware: google apps, SE anonymous statistics, adobe apps, ant+ apps, datamonitor, devicemonitor, facebook apps, timescape and all of their integrations. Thus, you have a lot of space for your programs.
    - all other good and useful SE apps are still here: player, gallery, camera (including 3D), FM radio, TrackID, browser, default launcher.
    - root and Superuser software are included
    - useful switches in notification area, clean and precise battery indicator

ROM downloads:
    primary mirror: http://narod.ru/disk/35145199001/ST18i_REPACK4PDA_6.zip.html
    secondary mirror: http://www.multiupload.com/VAOQ83X1SX

Kernel features:

- kernel is assembled from SE sources with usefull modifications
    - cwm recovery
    - light and balanced overclock up to 1.4 GHz (we leave SE frequences grid) (default frequence range: 122 MHz - 1 GHz)
    - deep undervolting but working under hard loading
    - default and recommended governeur is SmartassV2 (we have been testing power savings for some weeks with many different kernel settings!)
    - support for dual channel voice call recording (with CallRecorder software by skvalex)
    - as a result, power consuming is just a bit higher in overclocked mode and usually much less than on stock firmware
    - guaranted very deep sleep in suspend mode
    - very stable work and all-sides-testing

Kernel downloads:
    primary mirror: http://narod.ru/disk/36316696001/bootuv5.img.html
    secondary mirror: http://www.multiupload.com/UKGMCCMX2C

Installation procedure is usual:

- download rom & kernel
    - put rom into sdcard
    - you can also put gapps package into sdcard if you want to install Google apps
    - reboot your phone to "fastboot mode" (switch off power, press Vol+ button and plug USB cable)
    - flash kernel with command 'fastboot flash boot bootuv4.img'
    - unplug cable, power on phone, press Vol- when the screen becomes bright for entering to recovery
    - select 'backup' option and backup your previous firmware (just for safety reason)
    - you DON'T need to clear user data -- wipe is not required!
    - select 'install zip', select our rom file, wait for installing firmware
    - install gapps package with the same command, if you need it
    - select 'reboot'
    You get a new rom!

Our plans:
    - we are constantly searching for new features to implement into a kernel
    - we are testing a kernel with the new approach now, with new compression, with new init.d feature
    - stay with us))
    Friends, for those who enjoyed the works of my art has come a rainy day. I stop the development and support of the kernels and firmwares for the Xperia Ray.

Thanks to all who enjoyed the kernels and firmware. Thanks to everyone who helped conduct this branch and to rake questions from users.
    It was a very interesting experience.

Good luck to everyone.
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=273696&view=findpost&p=12145242

+ Supports stock firmwares 4.C.1.0.6 and 4.C.1.0.7
    + Supports all radio up to v66.
    + Undervolting
    + Supported filesystem: ext2, ext3, ext4, yaffs2, vfat, ntfs.
    + Overclock up to 1,4ГГц.
    + Freq. range: 122 - 1401 MHz.
    + Default gouverner: smartassV2.
    + ClockWorkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4
    + Removed FOTA and anonymous statistic service
    + 2-way call recording
    Emerald Kernel 7 for REPACK/stock and Emerald Kernel 3 for MIUI are now released!

Kernels features:
    • new recovery, ver. 5.5.0.4;
    • new ramdisk compression method. it now compressed by lzma;
    • mod for increase RAM: about 20Mb for MIUI kernel and about 10Mb for stock;
    • overclock up to 1,6GHz. by default freq range between 134MHz and 1,4GHz;
      (WARNING! Extreme overclock may damage your device! Don't use permanently freq more than 1,4GHz!).
    • cpu voltage control thru sysfs
    • 2-way line recording for CallRecorder app
    • supports ntfs, vfat, ext4, ext3, yaffs
    • more CPUFreq governers

Thanks to DooMLorD, FXP, skvalex and 4pda.ru team!

Kernel for REPACK/Stock: View attachment bootpe7.img.7z
    Kernel for MIUI: View attachment boot_miui_rel3.img.7z
    Repack V7 build 6 2013

Hi all,

i just release repack4pda 2013 (build6 + build7) for everyone.

Q: Why would i flash this "old" GB ROM, while there is ICS and JB (CM10) too ?
    A: This ROM is for people who are fed up with flashing different roms everyday to find a bugfree and fast one.

Q: How do you and I know this ROM is fast ?
    A: Try the game "temple run brave" on any of your "other" ROMs, and then compare to this one. Convinced ? press thanks button.

Q: I want this and that to be added to the rom
    A: If you're sure your suggestion is better than stock, I will review and add it

Q: Why is this rom so boring stock ?
    A: Personally I dont care about the "looks". I just want no bugs and pure speed, thats why I revive this rom.

Q: What is free mem and internal storage space ?
    A: Free mem is about 270 MB, internal storage 370 MB

Q: Is this rom odexed ?
    A: Not yet. Only when its so close to perfection I odex it, and you finally will get 420 MB internal storage for free.

Q: there must be "some" disadvantage by using GB right ?
    A: To be honest, whatever kernel I tried (and I tried all) , GB seem to drain battery a bit faster as ICS. I cannot fix that.

Q: known bugs ?
    A: None to me. If you find bugs, they are on stock and hopefully i can fix that,

Q: What will you do when we all like build 6 ?
    A: I will odex and either make a new thread for this rom, or I ask the original repack4pda dev. to update first thread...if they like.

Q: Why dont you make a rom on higher OS, like ICS or CM10 ?
    A: ICS and CM10 (JB 4.1.2) either are too heavy for the Ray (so slower), or lack a good (video)camera like GB

Some geeky features:
    - rom has init.d support built in. "ANY" kernel will get init.d support this way.
    - rebuild on Repack4pda, updated system files, gapps included--> All in one zip.
    - tweaked services.jar for better multitasking (see thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1914159 )
    - some init.d script tweaks I found they actually work a bit
    - Extreme Camera mod for GB (see thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1569309 )

I made the init.d script for use with doomlord kernel (for SIO io scheduler support) , so my advice is to use that kernel which is added to this thread
    You can use another kernel safely though...but forget SIO then.

How to flash (from "any" rom on "any" android version) :
    - copy rom zip and 10in1 framework zip to sdcard root dir.
    - flash kernel (see download link)
    - in CWM, do factory reset and dont forget to format /system (you see that in "mounts and storage")
    - select rom zip and flash it.
    - Reboot the phone. Let the rom boot normally.
    - When phone is fully booted, reboot again in cwm and flash 10in1 framework ui mod.
    -Still in cwm. Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
    -Boot the phone

reboot

done

Downloads :
    When you are on build 6 already, you can go to step 3

1) Late aire kernel(aire@mar#9) , fast and battery friendly according to ™ God ™ : https://www.dropbox.com/s/708cwptkmjpcc3e/Aire GB RAY.img
    2) Link to ROM : https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnsrenmkdqq21tq/REPACK4PDA_V7_build6.zip
    3) update for build 6 : 10-in-1 Framework+SystemUI Mod (+Xperia S Theme) (+2G/3G Toggle) + flashlight : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wiysi3mo8dadie/AIOMod_hansip-STheme+BattMod+2g3g+flash.zip

Enjoy

Br.

M1CH3L