Bootloader

Search This thread

Иereus

Feb 25, 2012
If the bootloader is locked to only accept signed kernels would it be possible to forge the signature? I have never thought about the development before so sorry if this seems stupid.

Sainyam

Sep 20, 2011
Gurgaon (India)
Why not man great great idea.
Provided you have one of the nsa's super computer..
Sorry for being saccastic but the moto key is 1024 bits thats gonna take ample amount of power to break it.(days ,months or maybe years.):p

popcorn1122

Nov 21, 2011
Mumbai
One more stupid idea from me:
We have some guys who have unlocked bootloaders , those who got the defy repaired from service stations and now have a SE OMAP. Can those guys compile a kernel which suits our need and we can just flash the kernel like we go a CM7 or CM9 (froyo or GB) from recovery?

Its just a thought.... If we just need kernel, why not go this route?

Sainyam

Sep 20, 2011
Gurgaon (India)
check project cheesecake in development subforum .it would help you as am noob when it comes to bootloader and development.
Btw lets see i have send my defy for a motherboard replacement and see if i get a unlocked bootloader or not..

Reactions: Иereus

brajesh.sharma87

Jan 27, 2011
Kolkata
One more stupid idea from me:
We have some guys who have unlocked bootloaders , those who got the defy repaired from service stations and now have a SE OMAP. Can those guys compile a kernel which suits our need and we can just flash the kernel like we go a CM7 or CM9 (froyo or GB) from recovery?

Its just a thought.... If we just need kernel, why not go this route?
even if they can compile a kernel, we would not be able to flash it on locked one. :)

popcorn1122

Nov 21, 2011
Mumbai
Ohhh. so thats the sole reason we just have two kernels of defy...
one is froyo
other is GB

Both locked to bootloaders.

Thanks for the info...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    check project cheesecake in development subforum .it would help you as am noob when it comes to bootloader and development.
    Btw lets see i have send my defy for a motherboard replacement and see if i get a unlocked bootloader or not..