Soak test v2

Search This thread

SnoDrtRider

Jun 19, 2010
Screenshot please of the build info
Screenshot_2014-01-11-14-32-18_zpsqxj4tajw.png

doogald

May 27, 2010
Well that is a huge let down. I was hoping for a new build, specifically a new radio to address some issues with using the phone on T-Mobile. Looks like they did indeed just tweak the update script, or not change anything at all.

That makes sense. Otherwise they'd have to develop an OTA to bring the people already updated to KK up to this level. It's a lot smarter to get everybody at one build and then update that.

Of course, I'm not sure that Verizon gives a rat's ass about using the phone on T-Mobile anyway...

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
For those of you in this soak with access to the soak forums, can you let them know about the radio issue? Specifically the no calls/text while on a GSM LTE such as tmobil/att

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

SnoDrtRider

Jun 19, 2010
For those of you in this soak with access to the soak forums, can you let them know about the radio issue? Specifically the no calls/text while on a GSM LTE such as tmobil/att

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

I would imagine the reason It doesn't work is because either there is no radio for Sprints voice/text cell network or it is not turned on. The Droids are a Verizon exclusive. I'm sure they don't care that the phone does not work 100% on a competitors network and even if Motorola cared Verizon would never allow the radio for another network to be turned on.

BTW Just did the final survey... looks like the soak is over.
I don't know about anyone else but my phone works great on KK

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
The radios are already turned on by law. And we are taking about TMo. I can use them as it is. It's a hand off issue. This bug was introduced in 4.4

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

ratman6161

Aug 30, 2010
Minnesota
The radios are already turned on by law. And we are taking about TMo. I can use them as it is. It's a hand off issue. This bug was introduced in 4.4

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

I'm not a lawyer but I'll take your word for it that they are "turned on by law". However....so what? The radios being on doesn't mean Motorola has to "fix" it to actually work on a carrier other than the one that sold it. They probably don't even consider this a bug and if they do I can't see them giving any kind of priority to it...or care. Hope it works for you but when you go down this road, by definition you end up pretty much on your own.

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
I'm not a lawyer but I'll take your word for it that they are "turned on by law". However....so what? The radios being on doesn't mean Motorola has to "fix" it to actually work on a carrier other than the one that sold it. They probably don't even consider this a bug and if they do I can't see them giving any kind of priority to it...or care. Hope it works for you but when you go down this road, by definition you end up pretty much on your own.

Truth but I'm sure this big also applies to global users. So who knows maybe they will fix it

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

SnoDrtRider

Jun 19, 2010

The only reason I can think of that "Legally" they would need to have other radios active is for 911 calls. It is quite possible that the software can limit off carrier calls to 911 in case of emergencies.

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
The only reason I can think of that "Legally" they would need to have other radios active is for 911 calls. It is quite possible that the software can limit off carrier calls to 911 in case of emergencies.

Negative. Its a FCC requirement for all phones utilizing the specific bands/spectrum verizon is using IIRC. VZW can no longer carrier lock per FCC

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

ArdW

Jan 8, 2014
How it the camera? Are pictures really better? The camera was indeed a weak spot of these phones! Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    received soak test 2 today . did not get soak test 1. phone now only boots to moto startup screen then shuts off .

Well you have 2 options well really one fxz since your not sure if the 4.4 ota took I would try to fxz 4.2.2 if it fails then you updraded to 4.4 but it got borked some how. So you then fxz 4.4 here is a link to the 4.4 fxz https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_iSspAoaC1VWXl6TmczZy04bFU/edit?pli=1 I know it says it is for the dev edition but doesn't matter. The maxx and dev maxx OS are identical only difference is you can unlock boot loader on dev edition. This should get you up and running again.
    Probably a bad idea to take this soak test if I rooted with SlapMyMoto, right? :/
    I'm thinking they want us on stock 4.2.2 to participate, which is impossible to my knowledge.

I agree- I'm on rooted 4.2.2, although I did remove write protection because I was going to upgrade to 4.4 and keep root, just hadn't gotten around to re-flashing 4.2.2 then slapping it yet. I guess now I'll wait to see if there are any significant differences between this new soak test version and the last, and see if root can be maintained through the update process.
    Ugh. Here we go again! Wonder how many bricks we'll get from THIS one!?

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.
    Didn't we get the last soak test on a Friday? Maybe this will be tomorrow

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk