[Q] Why my CTRLR won't work in bluetooth ?

Search This thread

Dead-neM

Jan 23, 2013
France
Hi i'm facing a problem with the ctrlr

The controller is not visible in bluetooth by my phone, my tablet, and the mojo WTF ?

and yes i pushed the start button 5sec to have the purple led but after that the device go in blue then red then blue etc and is not visible in bluetooth

it's look like the controller search the dongle

someone have got the same trouble ?? thank in advance :)

Mad Catz Rich

Dec 5, 2013
Hi i'm facing a problem with the ctrlr

The controller is not visible in bluetooth by my phone, my tablet, and the mojo WTF ?

and yes i pushed the start button 5sec to have the purple led but after that the device go in blue then red then blue etc and is not visible in bluetooth

it's look like the controller search the dongle

someone have got the same trouble ?? thank in advance :)

The CTRLR uses Bluetooth Smart so in order to pair directly without the dongle you'll need one of the devices that I list in the first post on this page:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589028&page=2

Mad Catz Rich

Dec 5, 2013
Just to clarify the reasons why we chose Bluetooth Smart over Bluetooth Classic for the CTRLR:

7.5ms latency (as opposed to 100ms latency in classic Bluetooth)

We've seen input lag as an issue on many Bluetooth controllers in the past so we wanted to ensure that you got the best performing controller possible for your M.O.J.O.. KitKat and Bluetooth 4.0 chipsets will be the standard for mid-to-high end Android devices from here on in so we're future-proofing you.

Massive energy efficiency

A classic Bluetooth controller might get, at most, 30-50 hours of use out of those two AAA batteries. With the CTRLR you'll get between 3 and 5 times that.

We had hoped to have a version of Android on M.O.J.O. that fully supported Bluetooth Smart and the HID over GATT profile that the CTRLR needs but that feature was held back until KitKat.

Reactions: gwaldo

Dead-neM

Jan 23, 2013
France
Just to clarify the reasons why we chose Bluetooth Smart over Bluetooth Classic for the CTRLR:

We've seen input lag as an issue on many Bluetooth controllers in the past so we wanted to ensure that you got the best performing controller possible for your M.O.J.O.. KitKat and Bluetooth 4.0 chipsets will be the standard for mid-to-high end Android devices from here on in so we're future-proofing you.

A classic Bluetooth controller might get, at most, 30-50 hours of use out of those two AAA batteries. With the CTRLR you'll get between 3 and 5 times that.

We had hoped to have a version of Android on M.O.J.O. that fully supported Bluetooth Smart and the HID over GATT profile that the CTRLR needs but that feature was held back until KitKat.

I understand. Thanks for your awnser

I have a question when will be the next ota update for the mojo ? and what about root ?

vostok4

Aug 20, 2010
So how do you pair the device with a BL4.0 device (that has KitKat)? I'm trying with a Nexus 5...

jjprichards

Nov 8, 2013

And yet no eta for KitKat on M.O.J.O... wow.

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
And yet no eta for KitKat on M.O.J.O... wow.

I doubt they'll say an ETA, rather just announce it's availability.

...KitKat and Bluetooth 4.0 chipsetswill be the standard for mid-to-high end Android devices from here on in so we're future-proofing you.
:good:

I'm still on my original batteries :highfive:
2 weeks about average 1-2hours each day... light is starting to flash red blue now and then

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need KitKat for Bluetooth 4.0 so no until the update you need the dongle.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8013 mit Tapatalk

So how do you pair the device with a BL4.0 device (that has KitKat)? I'm trying with a Nexus 5...

Unplug dongle

Press Start when the led light purple

then press home normaly you must see it