AT&T GoPhone going up to 2.5GB of data!

Search This thread

thefsfempire

Apr 26, 2010
Massachusetts
I upgraded my GoPhone plan to the $60/mo plan and was told it included 2.5GB of data so I said sure. After upgrading I noticed it only showed 2GB and asked the rep on the phone and he said he would check. About 5 seconds later he hangs up. So I call back and speak to another rep and she mentioned that the plan currently offers 2GB/mo but that on April 23rd, the data goes up to 2.5GB/mo. I explained what happened on the last call and the lady said she would give me an extra 1GB for the month because of this misinformation the other rep gave me.

Kind of cool of them to do, but just wanted to pass this along to anyone on ST or a lower rate plan that has been hesitating to switch. 2.5GB + unlimited talk & text seems like a decent deal IMO considering their coverage. If T-Mobile had more than 2G in the whole county I live in, I'd switch to their $30/mo plan which is even better (5GB) but this will do for now.

On a side note, if this was posted elsewhere, sorry! I did a quick search and nothing came up in this General forum.

ozzman54

Sep 22, 2010
I've confirmed this as well. 2.5GB is coming! Also heard they are going to include Mobile Hotspot tethering to compete with Verizon's Allset plan.

I switched from ST to GoPhone last month and couldn't be happier. The ping alone makes up for the price increase. And considering I just load up on refills at CallingMart for $54, it's only $9 more for a much better service, a price I'm willing to pay.