Stuck on Sony Logo - Possible Hard Brick?

Search This thread

BULL3TPR00F

Dec 6, 2009
Toronto
So I may have screwed up my phone. I wanted to do a complete fresh install and wiped all the partitions in TWRP (except external and usb).

Then before I got a chance to flash the rom my phone died (didn't realise my battery was low I know my fault).

Now it wont boot past the sony logo and I cant shutdown the phone. holding power does nothing tried holding it for over 30 seconds still nothing.

The phone has been stuck at the sony logo for over an hour and is starting to get very very warm.

Does anyone know how I can shutdown the phone to prevent damaging the battery/cpu? Have I hard bricked the phone? I hope flash tool can detect the phone at the sony logo because I can't shutdown to even boot to flash mode

I Do not have access to a computer at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ParanormalBat

Jan 31, 2010
So I may have screwed up my phone. I wanted to do a complete fresh install and wiped all the partitions in TWRP (except external and usb).

Then before I got a chance to flash the rom my phone died (didn't realise my battery was low I know my fault).

Now it wont boot past the sony logo and I cant shutdown the phone. holding power does nothing tried holding it for over 30 seconds still nothing.

The phone has been stuck at the sony logo for over an hour and is starting to get very very warm.

Does anyone know how I can shutdown the phone to prevent damaging the battery/cpu? Have I hard bricked the phone? I hope flash tool can detect the phone at the sony logo because I can't shutdown to even boot to flash mode

Thanks in advance.

Hold Power and Volume Up. That should shut the phone off. If that doesn't work, try the off switch next to the USB Port.

When you do get access to a computer, download SUS and do a software repair to restore your phone to stock (only for locked bootloader). Alternately, you can download a stock .ftf file for your Z2 and flash it via flashtool.

Your phone is not hard-bricked, it is soft bricked. Hard Bricked means that the phone turns into an expensive paperweight dummy handset.

Hope this helps

Costinutz32

Oct 22, 2011
Bucharest

Thanks in advance.

Force reset it like here: http://userguide.sonymobile.com/ref...product=xperia-z1#!Resetting-your-device.html
and do a factory reset. Go to recovery -> wipe data/ factory reset.
EDIT: or flash again your rom / kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: BULL3TPR00F

BULL3TPR00F

Dec 6, 2009
Toronto
Hold Power and Volume Up. That should shut the phone off. If that doesn't work, try the off switch next to the USB Port.

When you do get access to a computer, download SUS and do a software repair to restore your phone to stock (only for locked bootloader). Alternately, you can download a stock .ftf file for your Z2 and flash it via flashtool.

Your phone is not hard-bricked, it is soft bricked. Hard Bricked means that the phone turns into an expensive paperweight dummy handset.

Hope this helps

You are a life saver bro I been trying to figure out how to force off the phone for an hour tried every button combo except volume up for some reason (think I tried it but didnt work prolly wasn't actually pushing the button)

yeah I'm familiar with sus and flashtool so I should be good from here out just needed to figure out how to force the damn thing off. I been out of the sony game too long ive been with samsung since my x10 but now im back :)

Thanks again bro just happy its a soft brick.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance.

Hope this helps

Thanks in advance.

Force reset it like here: http://userguide.sonymobile.com/ref...product=xperia-z1#!Resetting-your-device.html
    and do a factory reset. Go to recovery -> wipe data/ factory reset.
    EDIT: or flash again your rom / kernel.