Pantech Sky Vega Racer IM-A770K room, recovery,update zip etc

Search This thread

amunaf

Feb 5, 2010
Friends
I bought used SKY IM-A770K phone from our local market and used it, although it is with android 2.3.3 but it is really great phone. At first I use Samsung I900, HTC HD, Xperia Arc, I9000 etc. but it gives me more and more pleasure. It is a greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet phone.
There is no third party custom rom or kernel found.
I request to XDA developers and other XDA community please works on that phone and create custom roms and kernels for it
I found Pantech SKY IM-A770K update zip, clockworkmod Rom, root, USB drivers and recovery from a china’s website bbs.xda.cn/forum-507-1.html here is a complete forum part on IM-A770K and A760s. You can translate this site using goole chrome.
I also up load these files on mediafire. These links are here. You can also download from mediafire.

SKY_UniUSBDriver_v3.6.6
mediafire.com/?grae6s0x9130y94

UniUSBDriver_v355
mediafire.com/?pgjltz97wkgoitj

a770k root zip
mediafire.com/?q8ipw1xd4aec3e3

VegaRacer-kdh4865-cwm-v101 recovery
mediafire.com/download.php?34rfp6stg34jmj5

770K update zip
A770Kupdate.part1
mediafire.com/?a9ybdy3hc7ye5aa

A770K Rom
A770K clockworkmod rom.part1
mediafire.com/?ogqugupqqensqja

A770K clockworkmod rom.part2
mediafire.com/?8mlsd74fju3h29u

And also download these files from these direct links but these sites are in Chinese.

For update Zip
bbs.xda.cn/thread-10905022-1-1.html

for complete Rom
115.com/file/bhtcie50%20#clockworkmod (1). rar

astro49

Mar 14, 2009
Quezon City
Need original GB firmware for Sky Vega Racer IM-A770K

Hi amunaf.

Thanks so much for posting those links for the Sky Vega Racer IM-A770K. I also have such a phone. I like it too very much too because of the fast CPU and its large screen.

Unfortunately I am now in a dilemma. When I got this fone, details of the "about phone" were as follows:
Android version - 2.3.3
Baseband version - S0833144.TP15.R1090
Kernel version - 2.6.35.7.perf p10739@BS87 #2
Build number - GINDERBREAD
Board and Software version - MSM8260_SURF V1.44

I was so happy being able to root with the above specs using SuperOneClick v2.3.2

Right after rooting and rebooting the phone, I received a message reminder from SKY (seen at the taskbar) saying there was an OTA update available for download. I then proceeded with the OTA download and upgrade and noted the file for download was only 13MB. Thought the download was quite quick, the file being loaded to my phone unusually took to a long time (almost 30mins to load) and I wondered why since the downloaded file was only 13mb. I noted the following changes on the "about phone" after the upgrade or patch:
Android version - 2.3.3
Baseband version - S0833144.TP15.R1090
Kernel version - 2.6.35.7.perf p10739@BS87 #1
Build number - GINDERBREAD
Board and Software version - MSM8260_SURF V1.47

After the OTA upgrade I then proceeded to again root the phone using the same SuperOneClick v2.3.2. Unfortunately, the rooting process always stalled on step 7 and again I tried several times but no luck. I already tried several rooting apps including the link you gave which uses fastboot but still no luck. There is now an update to SuperOneClick which is v2.3.3 but unfortunately still could not root.

I am recommending all those who are still on software version 1.44 to avoid that update in case they intend to root their Racer.

I'm now thinking if there is firmware out there at that Chinese site you had recommended if they have a version 1.44 for download. I am having a hard time translated that Chinese site, moreover that when I attempt to download any file. though I can't understand the Chinese commands, I'm sure the site was requiring me to enter a user name and password which is impossible for me to do and navigate the Chinese site.

Hoping you could help me on with my dilemma.

And that XDA developer gurus could make us a nice custom rom for the IM-A770K.

amunaf

Feb 5, 2010
Rooting update 1.47

Hi
I was also upgrading my phone from 1.45 to 1.47. After upgrading I was also unable to root my phone then I use VR root to root my phone and successes with V1.47. you can download Vr root zip from here
mediafire.com/?a00ct1cofzbaag9
un zip it on your C: drive then using CMD load rooting.exe before it your phone is plug on to your computer and debugging mode must checked.
This method will install busy box, Superuser and su shell on your phone. You can uninstall the applications using unroot.exe

Last edited:

astro49

Mar 14, 2009
Quezon City
Hi amunaf,

Thank you again for your assistance. Unfortunately VRRoot via its rooting/unrooting.exe still didn't work for my A770K. Please see the rooting messages below:

The A770K is still DISCONNECTED with these messages:
C:\>rooting
C:\>adb remount
C:\>adb push busybox /data/busybox
C:\>adb shell chmod 6755 /data/busybox
C:\>adb push su /system/bin/su
C:\>adb shell "chown 0:0 /system/bin/su"
C:\>adb shell chmod 6755 /system/bin/su
C:\>adb shell /data/busybox ln -s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su
C:\>adb push Superuser.apk /system/Superuser.apk
C:\>adb shell chmod 644 /system/Superuser.apk
C:\>adb shell mv /system/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
C:\>adb shell rm /data/busybox
C:\>adb reboot

The A770K is already CONNECTED with these messages
C:\>rooting
C:\>adb remount
remount failed: Operation not permitted
C:\>adb push busybox /data/busybox
C:\>adb shell chmod 6755 /data/busybox
Unable to chmod /data/busybox: No such file or directory
C:\>adb push su /system/bin/su
C:\>adb shell "chown 0:0 /system/bin/su"
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
C:\>adb shell chmod 6755 /system/bin/su
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
C:\>adb shell /data/busybox ln -s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su
/data/busybox: not found
C:\>adb push Superuser.apk /system/Superuser.apk
C:\>adb shell chmod 644 /system/Superuser.apk
Unable to chmod /system/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory
C:\>adb shell mv /system/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
failed on '/system/Superuser.apk' - No such file or directory
C:\>adb shell rm /data/busybox
rm failed for /data/busybox, No such file or directory
C:\>adb reboot

I also tried fastbooting and the process just stops and stalls with no activity at all after sending the boot.img.sk.insecure file

C:\>sk
C:\>adb reboot bootloader
C:\>fastboot boot boot.img.sk.insecure

BTW I've already wiped cache partition, wipe data/factory reset and wipe internal sd partition. Unfortunately doing all that did not help. What do you think will happen if I initialize sd partition? I tried it before but it was cut short because my battery was went dead and that process I'm guess could take around 3-4 hours.

I'm still hoping there's still a way to root my phone.

Thanks a lot for the effort and help you've extended!

amunaf

Feb 5, 2010
installing custom rom

You root it again with custom rom using this method below and after rooting use VR rooting. I hope it will work for you.

It also work even your phone brick or do nothing.

Steps:
1 Turn off the phone
2, while holding down the Volume Up (+) button, power button and search button three key until the boot. Screen will display "S / W Download" message.
into the sky's official website, (skyservice.co.kr/jsp/info/DownSW.jsp) find the USB driver just said that the download page, there is an option (vega racer im-770K (upgrade version 1.47)

to upgrade this system is self-vega, vega is popular to say the rom package itself. But can not download, install only online.
3. install USB drivers
The emergence of an icon and a S / W Upgrade after , plug in a USB port on the computer
4: Go to web address:
(dmfile.isky.co.kr/NewSelfUpgrade/index.html)
Note: for above web site use “internet explorer” browser other browser may be not work

Than will be prompted to install the plugin, click to install!
5: Wait for the icon from gray to pink

this process is relatively long, about 10 minutes or so. Until the progress bar has completed, the phone will automatically restart. This phone will return to factory state.You install the program will be cleared away flies, including the root before the operation. But the good news is that the content is still the phone book, photos, still. . .

At this step, your phone seems to back you just start state, then you have to do is to repeat the beginning of the operation of this tutorial. Re-root, again carefully delete unnecessary procedures, may once again face the risk of bricking again ... until the perfect resume ... so
After this you can root you phone via VR rooting

Reactions: astro49

astro49

Mar 14, 2009
Quezon City
Success!

Hi amunaf,

I want to thank you with all my heart for being so helpful, patient and for the effort you did for the tutorial in solving my dilemma. My vega is finally again rooted! Though I encountered some problems such as a drained battery, slow inerconnect connection during download process (it took around one hour and fifteen mins. to download), etc. To make a long story short, in addition to the live firmware download from SKY, the SK.exe you pointed to download which vame with Vrroot also helped root the phone.

Thank you so so much more power to you!

anthony411

Jan 10, 2012
Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie using a Vega Racer IM-A770K. Could you step by step guide me how to upgrade S/W, how to enter recovery mode.....
Thanks you so much !!!!

astro49

Mar 14, 2009
Quezon City
Sky IM-A770K utilities

Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie using a Vega Racer IM-A770K. Could you step by step guide me how to upgrade S/W, how to enter recovery mode.....
Thanks you so much !!!!

Sky Vega Racer IM-A770K utilities

To go into RECOVERY MODE
1. Turn off phone
2. Simultaneously press:
VOLUME DOWN BUTTON
SEARCH BUTTON
Lastly POWER BUTTON
3. Release all three buttons when the SKY VEGA boot logo appears
4. When Android character w/ white triangle (with exclamation point inside) appears, press the MENU soft key (lower left side of the phone’s front face). The Android system recovery menu should appear
5. To choose a function, use the up/down volume buttons on the left side of the phone
6. To select and activate a function, press the SKY soft key

To go into Soft/Ware download mode
1. Turn of phone
2. Simultaneously press:
VOLUME UP button
MENU button
And lastly press the POWER button
3. S/W Upgrading will now flash on the screen

To upgrade firmware to version 1.47, you first need to download and install the USB drivers. You can get it directly from this site:

Or from the Sky site:
http://www.isky.co.kr/sw/swdownloa...oftware/USB&filename=UniUSBDriver_v355[2].zip
When you reach the above page, there will be a java script with two identically sized boxes (Ignore the smaller box beneath the right box). Clicking the right side box will bring up the download box. Save file to computer.

4. After you have installed the drivers, test your phone’s connection to the computer to initially determine all the required drivers were installed properly. But before doing this, make sure that you have activated USB DEBUGGING on your phone.
>settings
>applications
>development
>usb debugging (must be checked)

5. Using Microsoft Internet Explorer v9, proceed to this page:
http://dmfileidc.isky.co.kr/NewSelfUpgrade/index.html
Notice when that page opens, it will prompt you to install ACTIVE X. Allow that installation to proceed.

6. After ACTIVE X has been installed, notice on the left side there is a phrase noting USB with some Korean characters. Underneath that phrase is a clickable rectangular PINK box. If that box is instead colored gray with a rotating circle, that might mean ACTIVE X did not load or install properly. Or you might be using a different browser or maybe something else. Notice the GRAY box is NOT clickable.
7. Clicking the PINK box will turn it into a progressing lavender bar. At this point, put phone into S/W download mode (volume up/ search /power buttons) and connect the A770k to the computer. Notice the characters on top of the progress bar may change and at this point there is communication between the phone and the Sky download site. It may take a few minutes for the phone to establish a download connection between Sky’s services. Once a connection is established, the characters above the progress bar will turn into a progressing percentage bar starting from 1% and ending into 100%.

There will be two phases of the progressing percentage bar. The first phase is downloading the software while the second is loading the v1.47 software into the phone. After the 2nd phase, the phone will automatically reboot. The first phase will depend who slow or fast your internet connection is. My download took around an hour.

As most tutorials here at XDA say, I take no responsibility if something goes bad after performing the above procedure. Do at your own risk. I’ve done this twice and so far so good.

Last edited:

zmfengg

Jul 23, 2009
A high performance-price ratio machine

Seems this is a machine that can draw xiaomi(a very hot machine in china mainland) from a so-called best performance-price ratio position. But as you know, software also play very important role in a phone system.

jamesparadise

Jan 19, 2011
hi everyone ,
I have a Sky Im A 690s. I use the app " gingerbreak" to root and it worked, now my phone rooted. but I can find any recovery and dont know how to flash recovery. anyone know please help me

anthony411

Jan 10, 2012
Hi Guys,
I got a problem when rooting by VRRoot same as Astro49. After upgrade new firmware via OTA (V1.47) then my IM-A770K cant be rooted by VRRoot. So can you guys help me the way to root my phone step by step.
Thanks you

astro49

Mar 14, 2009
Quezon City
Hi Guys,
I got a problem when rooting by VRRoot same as Astro49. After upgrade new firmware via OTA (V1.47) then my IM-A770K cant be rooted by VRRoot. So can you guys help me the way to root my phone step by step.
Thanks you

When you downloaded VRRoot, there were also 3 executable files that came with it. KT, LG and SK. With your phone connected to the computer and also necessary drivers installed, run SK but making sure USB debugging is also checked. Then after that process, run again rooting. Hope it'll work for you 'cause that worked for me when I also upgraded to 1.47 via OTA then could anymore root. Good Luck!

astro49

Mar 14, 2009
Quezon City
I've loaded CWM based recovery by @KD4865 v5.0.2.7 but my nandroid backups dont work. My phone always restores to its factory state. I've already made several backups but every time it goes back to phone's original settings as in I would have to setup from scratch and all my apps and personal data are gone. What could I be missing or doing wrong???

anthony411

Jan 10, 2012
When you downloaded VRRoot, there were also 3 executable files that came with it. KT, LG and SK. With your phone connected to the computer and also necessary drivers installed, run SK but making sure USB debugging is also checked. Then after that process, run again rooting. Hope it'll work for you 'cause that worked for me when I also upgraded to 1.47 via OTA then could anymore root. Good Luck!

Finally, My A770K has been rooted by VRRoot. Thanks you so much

zongsheng

Jul 18, 2011
how do root my device? a770s fw 1.47. I unknow about VRRoot. I used SK.exe => screen back to Fastboot Mode. Next stept?

anthony411

Jan 10, 2012
Hi guys,
I got a problem with my im-a770k that is no Restore & Backup, Install file ZIP from SDCard function in Recovery Mode. So I cant use Restore&Backup to restore recovery. Can any one help me solve this problem?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

how do root my device? a770s fw 1.47. I unknow about VRRoot. I used SK.exe => screen back to Fastboot Mode. Next stept?

You must wait until the PC install new device complete, then your phone automatically reboot. After that your phone is rooted

Reactions: zongsheng

zongsheng

Jul 18, 2011
Hi guys,
I got a problem with my im-a770k that is no Restore & Backup, Install file ZIP from SDCard function in Recovery Mode. So I cant use Restore&Backup to restore recovery. Can any one help me solve this problem?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

You must wait until the PC install new device complete, then your phone automatically reboot. After that your phone is rooted

How long is PC install new device complete? Can you help me through teamview?

Last edited:

zongsheng

Jul 18, 2011
Hi guys,
Thanks

don't install file rooting.exe after install file SK.exe????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Friends
    I bought used SKY IM-A770K phone from our local market and used it, although it is with android 2.3.3 but it is really great phone. At first I use Samsung I900, HTC HD, Xperia Arc, I9000 etc. but it gives me more and more pleasure. It is a greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet phone.
    There is no third party custom rom or kernel found.
    I request to XDA developers and other XDA community please works on that phone and create custom roms and kernels for it
    I found Pantech SKY IM-A770K update zip, clockworkmod Rom, root, USB drivers and recovery from a china’s website bbs.xda.cn/forum-507-1.html here is a complete forum part on IM-A770K and A760s. You can translate this site using goole chrome.
    I also up load these files on mediafire. These links are here. You can also download from mediafire.

SKY_UniUSBDriver_v3.6.6
    mediafire.com/?grae6s0x9130y94

UniUSBDriver_v355

a770k root zip
    mediafire.com/?q8ipw1xd4aec3e3

VegaRacer-kdh4865-cwm-v101 recovery
    mediafire.com/download.php?34rfp6stg34jmj5

770K update zip
    A770Kupdate.part1
    mediafire.com/?a9ybdy3hc7ye5aa

A770K Rom
    A770K clockworkmod rom.part1
    mediafire.com/?ogqugupqqensqja

A770K clockworkmod rom.part2
    mediafire.com/?8mlsd74fju3h29u

And also download these files from these direct links but these sites are in Chinese.

For update Zip
    bbs.xda.cn/thread-10905022-1-1.html

for complete Rom
    115.com/file/bhtcie50%20#clockworkmod (1). rar
    friends here you can find Pantech Sky Vega Racer IM-A770K room, recovery, update zip etc.
    Hi guys...
    I have found this server
    mizal.net/pantech/
    Here you can find most pantech mobiles custom ROM.
    I do not own this.

Sent from my IM-A770K using xda app-developers app
    How to flash CWM 6.0.1.0 and root A770K/A760S ICS4.0.4

Friends
    Here is complete way to flash CWM recovery V6.0.1.0 touch and normal on A770K and A760S with ICS4.0.4 and how to root the same.

Note: all do below on your own risk

At first download CWM V6.0.1.0 recovery from:
    mediafire.com/download.php?gevs7l4f8y7yjjy

download boot img file for A770K and A760S from given link below:
    mediafire.com/?6d17i6vvz4pt89a

for A760s boot img
    mediafire.com/?9mra3y0tmg4g740

and download unlock root v2.4.2 from
    unlockroot.com

After download, extract them in to your computer’s root directory.
    How to flash CWM recovery
    1. installed the all necessary drivers.
    2. Debugging mode of your phone must be checked or on.
    3. attached your phone with usb cable to your computer
    4. on your computer select start than run and type in run windows CMD and enter
    5. load (a770k a760s recovery) directory
    6. type adb reboot bootloader (your phone will be restart and boot in to fastboot mode)
    7. type fastboot oem unlock (phone may be restart and than boot in to fastboot mode)
    8. type fastboot flash recovery recovery-touch.img (for touch) and reovery.img (for normal recovery)
    9. your phone will be restart automatically if not than remove your battery for few seconds and put it again and on your phone CWM will be installed on your phone.

How to root ICS4.0.4
    After repeating first 4 points
    1. load (a770k bootimg) directory
    2. repeat point no. 6
    3. type fastboot flash boot boot_mod_h.img (for A760S extract A760S bootimg and copy img file to a770K
    bootitmg directory and replace boo_mod_h.img to A760Sboot.img)
    Phone will reboot and stand in fastboot screen do not
    worry
    4. remove your battery for few seconds and put it again and on your phone
    5. now run unlock root
    6. click on root
    7. your phone will be restart after 2 to 3 M
    now your phone is rooted and see super user on your phone.
    Sky IM-A770K utilities

Hi Guys,
    Thanks you so much !!!!

Sky Vega Racer IM-A770K utilities

To go into RECOVERY MODE
    1. Turn off phone
    2. Simultaneously press:
    VOLUME DOWN BUTTON
    SEARCH BUTTON
    Lastly POWER BUTTON
    3. Release all three buttons when the SKY VEGA boot logo appears
    4. When Android character w/ white triangle (with exclamation point inside) appears, press the MENU soft key (lower left side of the phone’s front face). The Android system recovery menu should appear
    5. To choose a function, use the up/down volume buttons on the left side of the phone
    6. To select and activate a function, press the SKY soft key

To go into Soft/Ware download mode
    1. Turn of phone
    2. Simultaneously press:
    VOLUME UP button
    MENU button
    And lastly press the POWER button
    3. S/W Upgrading will now flash on the screen

To upgrade firmware to version 1.47, you first need to download and install the USB drivers. You can get it directly from this site:

Or from the Sky site:
    http://www.isky.co.kr/sw/swdownloa...oftware/USB&filename=UniUSBDriver_v355[2].zip
    When you reach the above page, there will be a java script with two identically sized boxes (Ignore the smaller box beneath the right box). Clicking the right side box will bring up the download box. Save file to computer.

4. After you have installed the drivers, test your phone’s connection to the computer to initially determine all the required drivers were installed properly. But before doing this, make sure that you have activated USB DEBUGGING on your phone.
    >settings
    >applications
    >development
    >usb debugging (must be checked)

5. Using Microsoft Internet Explorer v9, proceed to this page:
    http://dmfileidc.isky.co.kr/NewSelfUpgrade/index.html
    Notice when that page opens, it will prompt you to install ACTIVE X. Allow that installation to proceed.

6. After ACTIVE X has been installed, notice on the left side there is a phrase noting USB with some Korean characters. Underneath that phrase is a clickable rectangular PINK box. If that box is instead colored gray with a rotating circle, that might mean ACTIVE X did not load or install properly. Or you might be using a different browser or maybe something else. Notice the GRAY box is NOT clickable.
    7. Clicking the PINK box will turn it into a progressing lavender bar. At this point, put phone into S/W download mode (volume up/ search /power buttons) and connect the A770k to the computer. Notice the characters on top of the progress bar may change and at this point there is communication between the phone and the Sky download site. It may take a few minutes for the phone to establish a download connection between Sky’s services. Once a connection is established, the characters above the progress bar will turn into a progressing percentage bar starting from 1% and ending into 100%.

There will be two phases of the progressing percentage bar. The first phase is downloading the software while the second is loading the v1.47 software into the phone. After the 2nd phase, the phone will automatically reboot. The first phase will depend who slow or fast your internet connection is. My download took around an hour.

As most tutorials here at XDA say, I take no responsibility if something goes bad after performing the above procedure. Do at your own risk. I’ve done this twice and so far so good.