[BETA] WM6.1 Clean Developer Edition Revision 1.1

Search This thread

ND4SPD

Jan 15, 2007
Chicago, IL
nd4spd.tumblr.com
After long last, I've finally updated the WM6.1 Clean Developer Edition and have fixed up almost all the problems you guys had with the original.

Changes from original 1.0 version:
Portrait Camera now working
MMS 4.0 is included with basic MMS settings
Custom splash screen!
Some other bugs I can't remember...
User Customization 2.0 - You'll really like this if you have a microSD card!

Installation:
Installation is now completely automated. If you are currently running the official T-Mobile ROM, please run the CID Unlocker.exe that is included.
Once you are CID Unlocked, run the Windows Mobile 6.1.exe program.
Done!

If at any time you want to go back to the T-Mobile ROM because of an error flashing or whatever, you will need to turn your phone on in bootloader mode. To do this, hold down the camera button and then press and release the power button while still holding the camera button down. Your phone should go to a screen with red,green, and blue bars. Plug it in to your computer now and run the T-Mobile Update from their site.

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vxxsq3
Rapidshare mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/133831473/Clean_Developer_Edition_Revision_1.1.rar.html

Note: The T-Mobile Edition BETA 2 will be released sometime later today or tomorrow for those who have been waiting for an update since the last.

Last edited:

liljay18

Sep 22, 2007
did you add rickwyatt fix for the interface

edit
after trying to download this 10 times already im kinda pist
upload it somwhare else it stops like half way

Last edited:

fiderius22

May 25, 2008
huh?

okay i must first apologize for my ignorance, as i am very new to this. first what is "CID unlocked"? Also, are there still bugs being worked out of this rom? i previously had a dash ( HTC Excalibur ) and used a 6.1 rom from an xda member and really liked it. T-mobile has not issued a release date for wm 6.1 and frankly i am sick of waiting! will this rom work the same as the previous rom i used for my dash? thank you ahead of time for any answers and help you may be able to provide me with.

lbakalinsky

May 30, 2008
Los Angeles
Noted BUGS

#####
#BUGS
#####

1.) To upgrade from Dev 1.0 to 1.1, I for some reason had to cid unlock. For some reason, every time I tried to flash the Juno, I kept getting an invalid certificate message.

2.) Microsoft's Getting Started App is missing.

3.) After LiveSearch is installed, when a user tries to exit the application they would encounter a missing resource error. (Note: This never occured in the 1.0 version. I'm currently googeling for a solution).

-----
That's all I could find. Otherwise, great ROM. I've noticed it works a bit faster then the 1.0 Rom, what changes did you make?

kron2

Mar 30, 2008
I also upgraded for dev1.0 to 1.1 and did not have to cid unlock the exe worked great

live search I have no problems with and get no error win exiting

getting started is missing and looked in the windows folder I did not see it there so I think he removed it but who needs it I did have a died shortcut in the all programs for it but after adding more programs to it it is gone

the battery on the settings slide still needs to be edited in the reg to open

still have to try User Customization

but all and all works great

liljay18

Sep 22, 2007
hopefuly need4speed can make a cab to fix these bugs brcouse im kinda sick of flashing my phone

buggzero

Sep 3, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
ahhh victory

I had some bugs that didnt bother me so much on 1.0, so I am excited for an update.

And I will never get sick of flashing my phone MU HA HA HAhahaha!

When I have it up and running I will post notes of usage ND4, Thank you so much for this.

lbakalinsky

May 30, 2008
Los Angeles
I also upgraded for dev1.0 to 1.1 and did not have to cid unlock the exe worked great

live search I have no problems with and get no error win exiting

getting started is missing and looked in the windows folder I did not see it there so I think he removed it but who needs it I did have a died shortcut in the all programs for it but after adding more programs to it it is gone

the battery on the settings slide still needs to be edited in the reg to open

still have to try User Customization

but all and all works great

Okay, I'll reflash my phone, and see if i have any problems.

timtillman

Jul 29, 2008
Problem with install

Hi All

I have tried several times to follow the steps to upgrade to this Windows Mobile 6.1 using ND4SPD's file from both download sites. After running the unlock procedure, when I start the Windows Mobile 6.1.exe installation proceeds to just after the status bar comes up on the phone, Then, I get an error that the image file is corrupted. The phone reboots back to Windows Mobile 6 Standard.

What could the problem be?

Tim

kormanb1123

Mar 1, 2008
Lockport, IL
www.android.com.pl
Hi All

I have tried several times to follow the steps to upgrade to this Windows Mobile 6.1 using ND4SPD's file from both download sites. After running the unlock procedure, when I start the Windows Mobile 6.1.exe installation proceeds to just after the status bar comes up on the phone, Then, I get an error that the image file is corrupted. The phone reboots back to Windows Mobile 6 Standard.

What could the problem be?

Tim
Dose your phone turn white after running CIDunlocker.exe? Also u have to remove storage card and restart phone before anything.

timtillman

Jul 29, 2008
Dose your phone turn white after running CIDunlocker.exe? Also u have to remove storage card and restart phone before anything.

I just tried without the memory card.

Yes it turns white. The unlock util reports success.

I reboot the phone, start the update util, the screen gets red green and blue bars.

At 2%, the update util shuts down with:

"ERROR [270]: Update Error"
"The image file is corrupted. Please check your update utility."

The phone then reboots.

So, what do you think ?

Tim

ND4SPD

Jan 15, 2007
Chicago, IL
nd4spd.tumblr.com
@tech_hardman: this will NOT run on the gene. It is specifically meant for the htc juno. If you try it, it might brick your phone.

@guitarkid6920: UC 2.0 basically allows you to have all of your settings, programs, etc installed automatically after the rom is installed so you don't have to work on it every time you flash a new rom.

@timtillman: Make sure that after your phone gets the app unlock that your phone restarts. Physically disconnect from your computer and wait for it to restart after the app unlock. It should work.

ronangel

Oct 14, 2007
After long last, I've finally updated the WM6.1 Clean Developer Edition and have fixed up almost all the problems you guys had with the original.

Custom splash screen!

Installation:
Installation is now completely automated. If you are currently running the official T-Mobile ROM, please run the CID Unlocker.exe that is included.
Once you are CID Unlocked, run the Windows Mobile 6.1.exe program.
Done!

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vxxsq3
Rapidshare mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/133831473/Clean_Developer_Edition_Revision_1.1.rar.html

Note: The T-Mobile Edition BETA 2 will be released sometime later today or tomorrow for those who have been waiting for an update since the last.

Sounds great! By the way I'm newbie here and can you help me to do this step by step coz i'm little scared to try. I'm with the original 6.0 rom and if ever error happens can you pls add also the procedure to bring it back to original rom, tnx.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Custom splash screen!

Hey Mate,

Do you any final Clean ROM now? Can you pl share?

Thanks.