The One X : Coming to AT&T May 6! Finally a suitable replacement for the Aria!

Search This thread
E

E.Cadro

Well I just pre ordered mine decided I'm not willing to wait months for the sg3 no matter how good it ends up being.

Sent from wherever I am!

E

E.Cadro

I have to wait until July....but i may end up with one as well.:D

That would be awesome would like to have a familiar face in the hox forum. :D

Edit
The international hox seems to have some great dev support already. I hope the us hox gets some good dev love.
Sent from wherever I am!

Last edited by a moderator:

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
We will! I am too psyched to get mine at my doorstep on the fourth!

It's so weird lurking around on those forums over there....not too different than here, although you could tell those who like to always be right....

E

E.Cadro

I asked to have mine shipped to the local store because it's at the end of my street and hoping maybe because they know me if they get one early maybe they'll give me a call either way I'm excited as hell about it. As far as the forum goes you know they are calling the HTC one XL so not to be confused with the international one x forum. Yea I've been following pretty much the entire general posts and can see a few no it all's already but hopefully after the phone is released we'll start to see some devs jumping on it. I know the mods are already soliciting devs from the sg2 . Anyways can't wait

Sent from wherever I am!

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
I asked to have mine shipped to the local store because it's at the end of my street and hoping maybe because they know me if they get one early maybe they'll give me a call either way I'm excited as hell about it. As far as the forum goes you know they are calling the HTC one XL so not to be confused with the international one x forum. Yea I've been following pretty much the entire general posts and can see a few no it all's already but hopefully after the phone is released we'll start to see some devs jumping on it. I know the mods are already soliciting devs from the sg2 . Anyways can't wait

Sent from wherever I am!

Yeah. I know that it is the XL forum. I really ought to have mine shipped to the store. After reading about the yellow screen issues that the One X has, I would rather just take a look at the store and have them swap the phone if necessary rather than have to bring it to the store dissapointed (if I can)

E

E.Cadro

Yeah. I know that it is the XL forum. I really ought to have mine shipped to the store. After reading about the yellow screen issues that the One X has, I would rather just take a look at the store and have them swap the phone if necessary rather than have to bring it to the store dissapointed (if I can)
That's exactly why I did it because I went to two local stores and the one on display at the has the yellow screen but the other store has the white screen so it appears that the att version has the same issue the international one does with the two different screens so if I don't like it I'll swap out right there and then.

Sent from wherever I am!

hawkeye2188

May 17, 2011
Iowa
At first glance, thats what I thought my Aria replacement was going to be. However it reminds me to much of Apple, cant take the battery out(well without some creativity im sure) and no external memory slot. It is a very sexy looking phone though.;)

luigic81

Nov 27, 2010
I am about to pre order one, but I want to be sure it will be rootable pretty quick. Is it true that it will ship with a locked bootloader? If memory serves that means it can take quite a while to get root access right?

E

E.Cadro

I am about to pre order one, but I want to be sure it will be rootable pretty quick. Is it true that it will ship with a locked bootloader? If memory serves that means it can take quite a while to get root access right?

True ships with locked bootloader but you can to htcdev.com and unlock the bootloader but you are basically voiding the warranty because you have to create an account so I guess they may be able to figure out that of you bring the phone in that you unlocked it. As far as a cwm recovery I would think it will happen pretty fast the international one x has been out for about 6 weeks I think and they already have it rooted and there are at least 20 roms for it so I can't imagine the devolpment will not explode for this device as well once it is released. Getting s off may take some time as with most HTC devices.

Sent from wherever I am!

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
At first glance, thats what I thought my Aria replacement was going to be. However it reminds me to much of Apple, cant take the battery out(well without some creativity im sure) and no external memory slot. It is a very sexy looking phone though.;)

The non-removable battery is a downer for me only for fear of having to do a battery-pull. I am not to concerned about expandable memory as I have a 16 gig card in my Aria right now and not close to filling it up...PLUS with the purchase of this phone, you get an extra 23 gigs of DropBox space for two years free!

E

E.Cadro

The non-removable battery is a downer for me only for fear of having to do a battery-pull. I am not to concerned about expandable memory as I have a 16 gig card in my Aria right now and not close to filling it up...PLUS with the purchase of this phone, you get an extra 23 gigs of DropBox space for two years free!

My understanding us holding the power button for 10 seconds is the
Equivalent of a battery pull. It's a built in safe guard .
Sent from wherever I am!

Nov 7, 2011
I've been using my trusty Aria for two years in August and I finally pre ordered a gray One X. So excited for this phone because my Aria has been lagging on me in the past year and I'm ready for a true speed demon. Another plus is that I'll be still using HTC and that means I'll keep all the goodies it comes with :)

GameGod72

Jun 24, 2010
I saw the One X at the store last Sunday and was so wowed by it, that I immediately pre-ordered it.

Add me to the list of those waiting impatiently for their phone :)

ECEXCURSION

Aug 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.lego.com
I'm a little confused. I thought that most of you (like me) bought the Aria because it was small and nimble. It fit in your pocket, like a phone should. The HTC One X is on the entire other end of the spectrum. In my mind, it's too large to be used as an every day phone. It's practically a small tablet. If you add in a case it becomes even larger.

Not to mention, most people can't even navigate the phone with their thumb. I have abnormally large hands, so I can drag my thumb from one corner of the screen to the other, but I've yet to see someone else complete that task themselves. Do you guys use two hands when using a cellphone?

Having said that, if this phone was the same size as a One S (if this phone was a One S), I'd buy it in an instant. Ideally, I'd like to find someone who will trade a One S for a One X, but I'll be hard pressed to find a T-Mobile user who wants to... (if you know of anyone, lemme know lol)

lsusparky621

Dec 30, 2010
Louisiana

Adam_J_T

Jun 7, 2011
Central
This next year I might be getting my friend's used Sensation, although it seems just so big. I love the Aria's size, but any phone of this size is going to be really weak and not even remotely tempting spec-wise.

benbailey84

Sep 13, 2011
Summerdale, AL
i was torn between the sgs3 and the one x, went to my local wally world and took a gander at the one x and i am in love. doing more reading and detective work which has made my mind up to go with the one x, plus its only $150 at wally world.:D im so excited, my upgrade is may 25th.

E

E.Cadro

The phone is amazing even on stock sense 4.0 can't even imagine what it will be like with a custom Rom once the bootloader is unlocked. I thought it would take some time to get used to the size but I have adjusted quite quickly :D

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium