Wich adblock solution do you use in KK?

Search This thread

hallydamaster

Aug 27, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
So, what adblock solution do you use? Since Google banned adblockers from the play store I have been using AdFree, but after I upgraded to KitKat it's no longer working.

Are there any other apps worth using or a hosts file provider you know of?

Thanks!

hallydamaster

Aug 27, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
If you're rooted XAD works well

The idea is nice enough, but I really like the hosts file solution as it blocks all ads system-wide regardsless of app.
Might return to it if I can't find an alternative, thanks.

Adblock Plus does the work just fine for me.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

I have read about it, and are usign it for my browsers on the PC, but can it block ads even in apps and videos?

Jamal Ahmed

Jun 23, 2012
The idea is nice enough, but I really like the hosts file solution as it blocks all ads system-wide regardsless of app.

I have read about it, and are usign it for my browsers on the PC, but can it block ads even in apps and videos?

Yes. And yes. It's a complete ad block as complete as it gets. It's got a perk in that it doesn't even need root! (Although it DOES work better with root)
It has options to allow non - intrusive ads too. Which is actually helpful that it blocks all ads that are annoying and let's correctly used ads stay so that good developers get their money too :)

Reactions: hallydamaster

bearusa

Jun 22, 2011
That one is not working for me. Just gives me an error about not working.

I'm using adaway on kit kat and it works really well.. have no problems with it whatsoever.. perhaps u need to uninstall and reinstall it.. may help

GT N7105 with XDA Premium......that is all......

kenny1991

Feb 5, 2012
What kind of hosts file do you mean? Can you link to the thread or site?

triavq

Dec 1, 2012
Where can I get this ad blocker that doesn't need root?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, what adblock solution do you use? Since Google banned adblockers from the play store I have been using AdFree, but after I upgraded to KitKat it's no longer working.

Are there any other apps worth using or a hosts file provider you know of?

Thanks!

If you're rooted XAD works well
    Adblock Plus does the work just fine for me.

CrashROM has a host enabled adblock app, can't remember off the top of my head which it is, but it works well also.

Yes. And yes. It's a complete ad block as complete as it gets. It's got a perk in that it doesn't even need root! (Although it DOES work better with root)
    It has options to allow non - intrusive ads too. Which is actually helpful that it blocks all ads that are annoying and let's correctly used ads stay so that good developers get their money too :)