[Q] Going from JSS15R to KTU84P on rooted flo with TWRP 2.6.0.0

Search This thread

archer007

Oct 17, 2010
I tried flashing the KTU84P zip using TWRP, but that didn't work. From what I've read, I apparently need to flash stock recovery, do the OTA update, then flash TWRP again? Won't that get rid of my root?

Ideally, I don't want to lose my data or have to excessively fiddle around with tools to get root again, if possible. I've kept my tablet at 4.3 for months because I didn't want to do a ton of research for this, but WiFi issues forced me to try upgrading.

Last edited:

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
I tried flashing the KTU84P zip using TWRP, but that didn't work. From what I've read, I apparently need to flash stock recovery, do the OTA update, then flash TWRP again? Won't that get rid of my root?

Ideally, I don't want to lose my data or have to excessively fiddle around with tools to get root again, if possible. I've kept my tablet at 4.3 for months because I didn't want to do a ton of research for this, but WiFi issues forced me to try upgrading.
Update TWRP, link in signature.

Download factory image, link in signature.

Flash all img files manually except userdata.img and recovery.img. Delete those two.

Read my post here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2789463

Reactions: archer007

archer007

Oct 17, 2010

Flash all img files manually except userdata.img and recovery.img. Delete those two.

Thank you! I was under the impression that I could just flash the zip since 4.x updates seemed much more incremental than 1.6 to 2.2 and then 2.2 to CyanogenMod on my old CDMA HTC Hero. I guess that isn't the case though.

Mostly I didn't want to re-arrange my icons but thinking about it I can probably get Titanium Backup to back up everything in my tablet so that flashing a Google factory image won't be a pain...

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Thank you! I was under the impression that I could just flash the zip since 4.x updates seemed much more incremental than 1.6 to 2.2 and then 2.2 to CyanogenMod on my old CDMA HTC Hero. I guess that isn't the case though.

Mostly I didn't want to re-arrange my icons but thinking about it I can probably get Titanium Backup to back up everything in my tablet so that flashing a Google factory image won't be a pain...

You won't lose any data if you don't run the flash-all batch/script, and don't flash userdata.img.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.