[Tool][Aroma Builder] ◢● Lazy Aroma ●◣ Build an Aroma Installer in just few Clicks

Did this make Aroma real easy?

• Total voters
Search This thread

M47Z

Dec 12, 2011
i have now tried with cwm installed by mtk droid tools, touchscreen issue is the same... its strange the phone reacts to first touch: feg i see aroma setup window, click next, next is highlighted and phone vibrates (altough next is not acutally clicked) and then touch stops working...

I also checked the log file, first it gave me install error status 0... i then followed the advice in aroma q&a thread, pulled the update-binary from a working "normal" rom, renamed it update-binary-installer and replaced the file with the same name in my zip. I then get a different error in the log: unexptected end at line XX (always the last line of my script).
No files are transfered in both cases.

Can you tell me more about the different files? where shoud i take them from? I now understand aroma-config and updater-script and how they are linked. but the updater-binary should be the same for every rom as long its the same device? and what exactly does updater-binary-installer?
Hope you have some more ideas... because i really dont understand this ^^
ps Kingzone K1 Turbo is my device. Would it help if i upload the updater and aroma-config scripts? I also got both files from a different working Aroma rom for my phone, but this rom was 4.2 not 4.4 so im not sure if its a smart idea

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
i have now tried with cwm installed by mtk droid tools, touchscreen issue is the same... its strange the phone reacts to first touch: feg i see aroma setup window, click next, next is highlighted and phone vibrates (altough next is not acutally clicked) and then touch stops working...

I also checked the log file, first it gave me install error status 0... i then followed the advice in aroma q&a thread, pulled the update-binary from a working "normal" rom, renamed it update-binary-installer and replaced the file with the same name in my zip. I then get a different error in the log: unexptected end at line XX (always the last line of my script).
No files are transfered in both cases.

Can you tell me more about the different files? where shoud i take them from? I now understand aroma-config and updater-script and how they are linked. but the updater-binary should be the same for every rom as long its the same device? and what exactly does updater-binary-installer?
Hope you have some more ideas... because i really dont understand this ^^
ps Kingzone K1 Turbo is my device. Would it help if i upload the updater and aroma-config scripts? I also got both files from a different working Aroma rom for my phone, but this rom was 4.2 not 4.4 so im not sure if its a smart idea

share your updater-script and also tell the line of error...
if it says unexpected end of line...
get your updater script formatted to unix spacing using win2unix . Google it

M47Z

Dec 12, 2011
it says unexpected end (but not 'end of line') and only if I manually replace update-binary-installer! I dont understand why I should replace it it was just recommended...
if I dont change anything of the output zip i get error (status 0)
so eroor line is either first or last line depending on upadte-binary-installer.
attatched my aroma config and updater script unmodified, like i found it in output folder, renamed it to .txt so i could upload it. thanks! :)

EDIT: Touch works on the other aroma rom I mentioned, with same recovery. Of course the installing bug also doesnt appear ;)
But this is a JB ROM, not KK, I guess many parts (like partitions!) should have changed since then!
I added the scripts from this rom as well (those beginning with working_jb), in case they are of any use.

Only thing I found is the working JB ROM uses aroma version 2.70B4 while the ROM I build with your tool has version 2.70B6... Could using 2.70B4 fix my touch issues, or is this root of the problem somewhere else?

EDIT2: Coul status 0 error be related to not having unix spacing? however script i uploaded is untouched from zip, so should not be the issue right?

EDIT3: Still the same issue, but now im pretty sure its somewhere in the updater-script. checked with cat for invisible windows characters but there where none, tried with dos2unix never the less but same result.
Heres the exact error:

Code:
    line 698 col 1: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting IF or STRING or '!' or '('
    1 parse errors

Installer Error (Status 6)

I just dont get why it is expection IF, STRING, ! or ( :crying: If I forgot to close a if it should say expected ENDIF or something like this? why is it expecting a NEW if, string...

Attachments

• aroma-config.txt
    14.7 KB · Views: 15
  • updater-script.txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 23
  • working_jb-aroma-config.txt
    18.8 KB · Views: 16
  • working_jb-updater-script.txt
    22.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

M47Z

Dec 12, 2011
aalright sorry for double post but i feel like if i edit my previous post any further it will get unreadable :eek:

I now managed to get a working rom, this is what i had to do:
- status 0 error from beginning: had to take my stock update-binary, rename it to update-binary-installer and replace the update-binary-installer in the zip file with it.
- touch issue: seems to be a problem with newest aroma for me. I took update-binary from aroma 2.56, replaced the one in zip and touch worked fine
- unexpected end error: had modify the updater script a lot. already mount commands for partitions didnt work, permission fixing didnt work and i also replaced the symlinks by those from my base flashable zip.

i attached the new updater-script, maybe it helps someone with simular problems.

So here are my thoughts on Lazy Aroma:
Overall amazing, good to get to know Aroma and to build a basic structure for your rom.
However in my case I still had to replace and modify many files manually.
Also I think Lazy Aroma should be more error tolerant, if you press one wrong button you have to basically restart the whole thing! It would be nice if you could save the state after every step feg.
Still, this makes it so much easier to get started! And with some patience and trial and error attitude you can make a awesome aroma rom :eek:
thanks again for your great work :good:

Attachments

• updater-script.txt
    27.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Reactions: Madaditya

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
aalright sorry for double post but i feel like if i edit my previous post any further it will get unreadable :eek:

I now managed to get a working rom, this is what i had to do:
- status 0 error from beginning: had to take my stock update-binary, rename it to update-binary-installer and replace the update-binary-installer in the zip file with it.
- touch issue: seems to be a problem with newest aroma for me. I took update-binary from aroma 2.56, replaced the one in zip and touch worked fine
- unexpected end error: had modify the updater script a lot. already mount commands for partitions didnt work, permission fixing didnt work and i also replaced the symlinks by those from my base flashable zip.

i attached the new updater-script, maybe it helps someone with simular problems.

So here are my thoughts on Lazy Aroma:
Overall amazing, good to get to know Aroma and to build a basic structure for your rom.
However in my case I still had to replace and modify many files manually.
Also I think Lazy Aroma should be more error tolerant, if you press one wrong button you have to basically restart the whole thing! It would be nice if you could save the state after every step feg.
Still, this makes it so much easier to get started! And with some patience and trial and error attitude you can make a awesome aroma rom :eek:
thanks again for your great work :good:

Well great you have it working. Just gimme a list of all changes u had to make to updater-script to get it working,
so some commands are device specific
and can generalise them

kirito9

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 30, 2013
I tried your tool and it created a META-INF folder but when i placed it in my ROM and tried to touch the screen. It does not allow me to press nor can i use external buttons to select.

KevinHannibal

Dec 11, 2013
Termoli (Italy)
Who can help me please?

@Madaditya sorry for tagging you in such post but i cant figure out what is wrong in my aroma zip.
I did everything several times but same result, the aroma installer works without a problem but at the end, when I click install now, than there is installing...after 1 second finish and nothing installed.... Even the log is empty! Nothing in it! What can it be?

caveman_bob

Feb 10, 2016
Very cool Madaditya! You obviously put allot of time into this. I've been looking at Aroma for a few days now and have been confused in terms of what the end-to-end workflow is for producing an Aroma enabled package. For clarification, I dont mean workflow as in the 10 step process shown in your script. I'm referring to what a user would have to do by hand that your script is doing already. I should be able to dissect your script in order to derive the workflow which I am missing. Thanks for making this, I'll post back when I haven everything figured out.

gencho81

Aug 15, 2012
Nicosia
Hi there,
I am trying to make aroma installer for my stock rom instalation and i have problem.
I have completed the aroma and test it - working fine.
Generated also updater-script witch i have edited .
Problem - when at the end of aroma i press INSTALL
the updater script is not executed. Just blank screen with msg "DONE" like process have been completed.
What i am doing wrong!!!???
Tell me what files to attach and see where is the problem.
Thanks

my device - Note 3 N9005
running stock 5.0.1

Last edited:

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
Hi there,
I am trying to make aroma installer for my stock rom instalation and i have problem.
I have completed the aroma and test it - working fine.
Generated also updater-script witch i have edited .
Problem - when at the end of aroma i press INSTALL
the updater script is not executed. Just blank screen with msg "DONE" like process have been completed.
What i am doing wrong!!!???
Tell me what files to attach and see where is the problem.
Thanks

my device - Note 3 N9005
running stock 5.0.1

Wrong update binary
Extract the rom zip and Replace update-binary and update-binary-installer from any of your device's working aroma zip.
Save logs at the end, see what they speak.

Guess there's a problem with the binaries that the tool uses by default. Try that and post if things go good.

Reactions: gencho81

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Tool][Aroma Builder] ◢● Lazy Aroma ●◣ Build an Aroma Installer in just few Clicks

About Lazy Aroma:
    We all have used the Aroma Installer by amarullz.
    However the process to build/code an Aroma Installer for Roms/Mods is a bit lengthy and slightly complex process.
    This tool has been made to Automate the process of making aroma Installer for Roms/Mods.
    It'll will write the code necessary for aroma-config and updater-script according to users choice.

Requirements:
    A Windows PC
    Your Rom/Mod Files
    A little common sense and patience to read the script.

Screens :
    MjSIEbr.png

mwFV8iS.png

TTqK1oj.png

9NA8aPm.png

Instructions:
    1. Sort and make directories for apps you want to add for customization through Aroma Installer

eg: aroma(or whatever name you give)/font/polobrush/font/*ttf
    aroma/sysui/z2systemui/app/SystemUI.apk

2. Avoid giving spaces in the directory names.

3. Place your "aroma" folder in 'Working/'.Also Place "system" and/or "data" in "Working/" if you are making a Rom with Aroma Installer
    No! need to add the META-INF folder,itll be included by the tool.
    so Working is like this

Working/aroma(or other name)
    /system(optional)
    /data(optional)

4. An working "update-binary" in "Your_update-binday_here".

5. Run "Lazy_Aroma.cmd".This will give you a set of options to
    1.Create Initial Aroma Information
    2.Create Menu Boxes
    3.Adding Alert Windows
    4.Adding Select boxes
    5.Adding Check Boxes
    7.Finalizing Aroma Installation code
    8.Creating updater Script corresponding to the Aroma GUI
    9.Creating a Flashable zip of the Project

6. CHOOSE THE OPTIONS SEQUENTIALLY as they build the COMPLETE Aroma GUI,
    except for Alert boxes,select boxes and check boxes(they depend on the Modder's/Rom maker's choice).

7. Thats it!Try it soon and leave a Feedback.

Download:
    Lazy Aroma
    Updated 13/5/2014​

Have you hit thanks at-least? I didn't ask for more ;)

Source:

Credits:
    Stack Overflow and Google.
    amarullz: For the Aroma installer
    Ayush Singh: Comprehensive Aroma Guide
    gu5t3r: For the Mini cygwin setup

and people who helped me and gifted the world of open source with their knowledge!

FAQ:

1. I press install it shows the progress bar,but nothing installs.
    A: Extract your zip and Replace update-binary and update-binary-installer from any of your device's working aroma zip and flash this after re-zipping. Post

If you like my work,Hit thanks,rate good and always mention in credits if you use my work..!
    Update and Fix

Updated the Tool

Fixed a small updater-script syntax and added a few files

Please redownload Lazy Aroma

Thanks @Sk.D and @Kung Fu monkey for pointing out.
    What to say. Just awesome. Really very helpful tool.
    Kadak. (Simply Awesome). Couldn't resist :D all the best

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Will try too, b4 update my theme :D

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk