[ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies

Search This thread

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies

I'm not sure if I'm seeing a difference in a battery life with the setting activated.
However I don't monitor the Infinity that carefully.

dasunsrule32

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ

I've been having those problems too. I think it has to do with the unique setup of the tegra 3s 4+1 chip. I think there's issues with switching from the slower companion core to the other four cores designed to handle the more demanding tasks(and vice versa), creating lag. I noticed that sometimes it would take upwards of a min for my tab to turn on if it was asleep for a while. Im running CM 10.1 on my Galaxy Nexus and its butter smooth with no issues thus far. I raised my min clock speed to 370 from 51 and haven't had any issues with lag since (only been a couple hours but looking good).

Let me know if this helps. I may need to revert the no_lp mode that was enabled.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

dasunsrule32

Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
I need a tester/testers for NTFS. I've successfully ported the opensource ntfs-3g project over to our device. :)

1. Backup data on thumb drive/micro sdcard/sdcard
2. Have it formatted as NTFS
3. Test reading and writing files to devices
4. Test thumb drive/micro sdcard/sdcard as vfat/fat32

I'll post a custom build here soon with the needed modules and changes to vold, etc. Thanks!

Ok, here is the build: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11072862/test_builds/tf700t/cm-10.1-20130219-UNOFFICIAL-tf700t.zip

If it doesn't mount automatically, please test with this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kwull.ntfsmounter

Here is what I've done:

1. Got ntfs-3g building using Android.mk file: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/30968/
2. Modified vold to use fuse to mount ntfs (Is it working? I have no idea.) http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/32235/
3. Added ntfs-3g to tf700t device tree and have it build from sources using device_tf700t.mk as PRODUCT_PACKAGES http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/32235/

Leave feedback and logs, thank you :)

Last edited:

deathgod1

Feb 1, 2011
Is anyone else having choppy music playback and slowdown when using google play music or apollo? My tablet slows to a crawl for a few minutes when these are running, and the music stutters when launching other apps. Like if I'm browsing the web, and launch play music, the music stutters and everything slows down, until things 'load', then it plays fine. If I pull down the notification bar, the song stops for a few seconds as it waits for the bar to come down, then resumes. :(

Reactions: kokoon

dasunsrule32

Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Is anyone else having choppy music playback and slowdown when using google play music or apollo? My tablet slows to a crawl for a few minutes when these are running, and the music stutters when launching other apps. Like if I'm browsing the web, and launch play music, the music stutters and everything slows down, until things 'load', then it plays fine. If I pull down the notification bar, the song stops for a few seconds as it waits for the bar to come down, then resumes. :(

Nope, do you have other issues? It sounds almost like something may be wrong with your tab. I don't know for sure, but I'm not seeing these types of complaints anywhere else... :(

You've got power issues, device is coming to a crawl, won't resume correctly, etc...

Have tried a different ROM to see if the issues crop up there also? Have you wiped the device clean and started fresh?

Are you running the device in performance mode, balanced mode, etc?

Do you have bad wifi signal?

More details are needed when reporting issues like these. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Reactions: deathgod1

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010

@dasunsrule32: Hi mate, i'm not sure if this was reported already or if you already know but with the latest nightly the Advanced options in the Reboot Menu are no longer available (so no more reboot to recovery, fastboot or apx.

Edit: Battery drain improved a lot with the 18/02 build (atleast in standby), nice job. But on the other hand after the 13/02 or so the "black lines" are back and now i can spot them more often.

Last edited:

jruesga

Apr 27, 2012
@dasunsrule32: Hi mate, i'm not sure if this was reported already or if you already know but with the latest nightly the Advanced options in the Reboot Menu are no longer available (so no more reboot to recovery, fastboot or apx.

Edit: Battery drain improved a lot with the 18/02 build (atleast in standby), nice job. But on the other hand after the 13/02 or so the "black lines" are back and now i can spot them more often.

Yes, it's a new feature. You can enabled again at dev settings. Read cm g+ post for more information

milkk

Sep 18, 2012
I need a tester/testers for NTFS. I've successfully ported the opensource ntfs-3g project over to our device. :)

I'll post a custom build here soon with the needed modules and changes to vold, etc. Thanks!

Ok, here is the build: [Took down temporarily]

I will give it a go when I get home. I'll format SD Card in laptop to ntfs now and take it out right away to take home so I don't forget lol.

kokoon

Mar 9, 2010
Get a load of this - 94% of battery remaining after 1 day 2 hours+. Screen on time only 31 minutes though, but still amazing. The ROM is a completely fresh install of the 20130218 nightly, not a single app installed, just connected the Google account and browsed a bit with the stock browser.

Reactions: dasunsrule32

deathgod1

Feb 1, 2011
Nope, do you have other issues? It sounds almost like something may be wrong with your tab. I don't know for sure, but I'm not seeing these types of complaints anywhere else... :(

You've got power issues, device is coming to a crawl, won't resume correctly, etc...

Have tried a different ROM to see if the issues crop up there also? Have you wiped the device clean and started fresh?

Are you running the device in performance mode, balanced mode, etc?

Do you have bad wifi signal?

More details are needed when reporting issues like these. Thanks :)

I did a clean install of CM 10.1 and everything's much better now. Thanks:good:

Edit It started happening again, but this time it doesn't slow down the tab, the music just stutters or pauses for a sec, it's much better than before. Coming from a clean install, I just restored my missing apps + data with Titanium, switched my launcher back to Nova, enabled Android debugging, Verify apps over USB, Advanced reboot, and Show CPU usage to see monitor what was happening when the music pauses. The culprit seems to be mmcqd/0, which is the internal SD card? When the pauses happen it's always in the top 3 of the list being the highest number. I verified this by having the music playing then launching DiskUsage and scanning the storage card, rebooting and cold booting and repeating these steps and sure enough it happens every time. I've also noticed it when installing/updating apps from Google play or uninstalling apps. Also I tested it on Trebuchet and it happens there as well.

I think I've heard mention of ASUS using a slow flash for the internal storage and that performance decreases the less space there is. I currently have about 11GBs of free storage, with much better performance/less issues with music playback, but when it was slowing the tab and stuttering like crazy I only had about 6GBs free on my internal. If it's not too much of a bother can some of you run DiskUsage while having Play Music or Apollo running and tell me how much free space is on your internal. I want to see if you get slight pauses in playback before I do another clean install and spend hours manually restoring my apps one by one to see if any of them are the culprit. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: dasunsrule32

dasunsrule32

Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ

Ok, here is the build: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11072862/test_builds/tf700t/cm-10.1-20130219-UNOFFICIAL-tf700t.zip

If it doesn't mount automatically, please test with this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kwull.ntfsmounter

Here is what I've done:

1. Got ntfs-3g building using Android.mk file: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/30968/
2. Modified vold to use fuse to mount ntfs (Is it working? I have no idea.) http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/32235/
3. Added ntfs-3g to tf700t device tree and have it build from sources using device_tf700t.mk as PRODUCT_PACKAGES http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/32235/

Ok, added the build. I've got no idea if it'll work or not, in theory, it "should" :) Please test and let me know, thank you :)

Last edited:

dasunsrule32

Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
I did a clean install of CM 10.1 and everything's much better now. Thanks:good:

Edit It started happening again, but this time it doesn't slow down the tab, the music just stutters or pauses for a sec, it's much better than before. Coming from a clean install, I just restored my missing apps + data with Titanium, switched my launcher back to Nova, enabled Android debugging, Verify apps over USB, Advanced reboot, and Show CPU usage to see monitor what was happening when the music pauses. The culprit seems to be mmcqd/0, which is the internal SD card? When the pauses happen it's always in the top 3 of the list being the highest number. I verified this by having the music playing then launching DiskUsage and scanning the storage card, rebooting and cold booting and repeating these steps and sure enough it happens every time. I've also noticed it when installing/updating apps from Google play or uninstalling apps. Also I tested it on Trebuchet and it happens there as well.

I think I've heard mention of ASUS using a slow flash for the internal storage and that performance decreases the less space there is. I currently have about 11GBs of free storage, with much better performance/less issues with music playback, but when it was slowing the tab and stuttering like crazy I only had about 6GBs free on my internal. If it's not too much of a bother can some of you run DiskUsage while having Play Music or Apollo running and tell me how much free space is on your internal. I want to see if you get slight pauses in playback before I do another clean install and spend hours manually restoring my apps one by one to see if any of them are the culprit. Thanks

I have about 15G free and don't experience these issues, I also had my system down to about 9G free and didn't experience these issues either. Odd

Can you do this in a terminal?
Code:
su
echo 1 > /sys/module/cpu_tegra3/parameters/no_lp

Let me know if this helps things, if you reboot, you'll need to run that command again. Thanks :)

Reactions: deathgod1

deathgod1

Feb 1, 2011
I have about 15G free and don't experience these issues, I also had my system down to about 9G free and didn't experience these issues either. Odd

Can you do this in a terminal?
Code:
su
echo 1 > /sys/module/cpu_tegra3/parameters/no_lp

Let me know if this helps things, if you reboot, you'll need to run that command again. Thanks :)

Thats : su, 'enter', echo, 'space', 1, 'space', >,'space', /sys/module/cpu_tegra3/parameters/no_lp. Then do I press enter after that? And am I supposed to get a notification of something happening

bryce09

Nov 18, 2012
AW: [ROM][OFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies

Thats : su, 'enter', echo, 'space', 1, 'space', >,'space', /sys/module/cpu_tegra3/parameters/no_lp. Then do I press enter after that? And am I supposed to get a notification of something happening

Yeah that's it. You won't see anything than the command repeated again.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T mit Tapatalk 2

deathgod1

Feb 1, 2011
There wasn't any difference using the command. Did any of you run DiskUsage with music playing? I might have a rogue app or just bad nand. My tablet was extremely slow from the day I bought it so it could be faulty nand. Thanks for the help.

dasunsrule32

Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
There wasn't any difference using the command. Did any of you run DiskUsage with music playing? I might have a rogue app or just bad nand. My tablet was extremely slow from the day I bought it so it could be faulty nand. Thanks for the help.

You can:
Code:
cat /sys/module/cpu_tegra3/parameters/no_lp

It should return 1 after the previous command, if successful.

Last edited:

dasunsrule32

Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ

Well, you said that you restored your data and the issue cropped up again. I'd add your data back one at a time, and see when the issues arises.

bryce09

Nov 18, 2012
AW: [ROM][OFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies

I had some hiccups while I was playing music and browsing (usually with chrome). That annoyed the hell out of me so I decided to try to disable fsync. My experience so far is great. I have never had a single problem with data corruption and so on.

deathgod1

Feb 1, 2011
You can:
[CODE[
cat /sys/module/cpu_tegra3/parameters/no_lp
[/CODE]

It should return 1 after the previous command, if successful.

I'm getting a Y after I press enter, then u0_a41@android: /$

It's going to be a pain in the butt trying to figure out the app that's causing it. I have over 300 apps installed:(

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

I had some hiccups while I was playing music and browsing (usually with chrome). That annoyed the hell out of me so I decided to try to disable fsync. My experience so far is great. I have never had a single problem with data corruption and so on.

How do you do this? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** DON'T FLASH THIS IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH DATA LOSS, INSTABILITY, RABID DOGS EATING YOUR CAT, OR SPACE ALIENS STARING AT YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! ***

*** If you like this post and can't donate to the cause, then hit thanks! ***

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Credits:
    • Steve Kondik and the amazing CM team
    • See here for more contributors
    • And the many testers and contributors not listed above, including: thunderger, jaybob413, Everett Coleman, Pretoriano80, untermensch, Jorge Ruesga, Richard Huynh and others I probably forgot

*** Backup your data before continuing! ***

What works:
    • Audio
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • WiFi
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • Accelerometer
    • Gyroscope
    • Compass
    • Touchscreen
    • HDMI
    • Microphone
    • USB host
    • Dock
    • Cameras
    • Encryption

Known issues:
    • Netflix has issues after pausing, rewinding or fast forwarding. (libomxplayer.so) It's an ASUS issue at this point. (FIXED? Please confirm, I'm not seeing these issues anymore)
    • screenrecord is broken, codecs issue (OMX doesn't support virtual displays, we only have 4.2 blobs, will not be fixed, unless Asus releases KitKat for our devices)
    • You tell us...

*** Backup your data before continuing! ***

Instructions (README, A LOT!!!!!!):
    • Make sure your device is unlocked. Grab the unlock utility here, under Others -> Utilities
    • (If you're on stock 4.2.x, skip this step) Install the 10.6.1.14.4 or greater bootloader for your variant, see here for more information.
    • Download Clockwork Recovery (TWRP has issues with KitKat, be forewarned): Standard | Touch
    • Download CM11.0
    • Download GAPPS
    • Place the cm-11-YYYYMMDD-NIGHTLY-tf700t.zip and gapps-kk-YYYYMMDD-signed.zip on your sdcard of your slate
    • Reboot to the bootloader: Power off slate, then: Power + Volume -. Hit Volume - until you hit the USB symbol, then hit Volume +.
    • Flash Clockwork Recovery instructions: Standard | Touch
    • ^^ BACKUP YOUR DATA!
    • Next, Wipe Data Factory Reset (ONLY NECESSARY IF COMING FROM ASUS stock ROM or something other than CM10.2!!!)
    • Then 'install zip from sdcard', 'choose zip from internal sdcard', then install the cm-11-YYYYMMDD-NIGHTLY-tf700t.zip.
    • Then install gapps-kk-YYYYMMDD-signed.zip.
    • Go back to the main menu and Reboot Now.

Upgrading builds:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Install cm-11-YYYYMMDD-NIGHTLY-tf700t.zip
    • Reboot
    • or use built in cmupdater

If you run into issues outside the 'Known issues', please post a logcat.

You will need the adb binary on your computer (Windows, Mac or Linux):

Code:
    adb logcat > logcat.txt

If are get a hard lock and have to reset, please pull the /proc/last_kmsg and post it after you are booted again.

Code:
    adb pull /proc/last_kmsg

Please do not report on ANY known issues!!!

Help? Click here...

Donate to the devs:
    dasunsrule32 - (Google Wallet - atechols@gmail.com or PayPal)
    jruesga

Source(s), Gerrit and Changelog:

Source(s):
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_asus_tf700t/tree/cm-11.0
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_asus_tf700t/tree/cm-11.0

Gerrit ( Submitting patches/fixes ):
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_using_gerrit ( When submitting a patch, please use this group vs adding myself and individual devs: Transformer Team )

Changelog:
    http://www.cmxlog.com/11/tf700t/

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod, ROM for the Asus Transformer TF700

Contributors
    dasunsrule32, jruesga
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader 10.6.1.14.4 or above
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 11.0-M9

Created 2013-10-01
    Last Updated 2014-08-13
    Ok guys, here's the deal. We are ready to push out all the changes. I've got the kernel done, bootloaders packaged and the necessary changes for blobs and device tree.

PLEASE NOTE, THIS BOOTLOADER WORKS FINE WITH THE OLD KERNEL.

So, what do you need to do? Simple:

1. Flash the bootloader for your device variant in TWRP or CWM:

ww: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4007
    us: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4006

1a. Flash via fastboot if you want, use the fastboot line associated with your build:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash staging ww_bootloaderblob
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash staging us_bootloaderblob

ww: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4009
    us: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4008

2. Reboot.

3. Flash the next nightly.

4. Reboot

5. Done

Make sure you get the new bootloader flashed immediately, or you may be bootlooping like a mad man on your next nightly. ;)
    Guys, I've been pondering this for sometime now. I think I'm going to be taking a break for awhile.

I'm tired and fried, I don't see a reason to do this for now. It seems my jobs, plus this are to much right now. If I get some time, I'll do what I can.

Work has been putting more responsibility on my shoulders, and I've been tasked with several high level projects over the last couple months and going forward.

In shorter words, I'm too busy for this now. Thanks for all the help and support.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Ok guys, the new nightlies should be starting tonight. So keep an eye out. Thanks for all the support!!!

Please try to keep this thread clean, I want as much relevant information in it as possible. Please use the Thanks and Donate button(s)/links to say Thank you!!!!
    Ok guys, here's the word. We are switching over to cm10.1 on the nightlies. You should be fine in just upgrading over cm10 -> cm10.1. If you have issues, you know the drill. I'll change the OP around and edit the thread title when I get a chance. I'm too tired to do this tonight.

See this commit for the changeover.

Make to grab the cm10.1 gapps, then flash the latest nightly.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE LATEST CWM 6.0.1.9 from the OP. That has support for the multiple user profiles if you so choose to use them and for Pete's sake, BACKUP!

Beyond that enjoy. See my Google+ post for what is up with issues, etc. Hit that thanks button or donate ( :silly: )