[FIXED] Microphone/Ok Google Low Sensitivity

Search This thread

ez.ahmed

May 19, 2008
Works but still need some improvements

Thanks for the work around. Works just fine but still the quality of microphone recorded sound is still not up to the par; even after tuning the values a little bit. I wish it gets fixed in the next OTA update.

rowbaggie22

Sep 20, 2011
Birmingham
Does anyone know when the next OTA update is available to fix this. I can't find any info about it anywhere

Sometimes people can't hear me

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

sabbotage

Dec 15, 2010
So is this fixed in the newest CM nightlies? I cant't seem to find it in the changelog, but the patch says it was merged.

xasthe

May 9, 2011
Vancouver
So is this fixed in the newest CM nightlies? I cant't seem to find it in the changelog, but the patch says it was merged.

I believe it is fixed in the CM nightlies, but if you are or want to run CM 11s then this flash is needed to get normal 'OK, Google' hotword detection.

Otherwise when running the current version of CM 11s, you'll need to yell or hold the microphone very close to your face.

XxKINGxX2580

May 18, 2013
Houston
After diving into some of the files in the oneplus one, I found some file values that once changed, make the microphone actually strong enough to recognize ok google from an arm's distance away. This is essential for using speakerphone, skype, any recording application, as well as google now. I was tired of having people go WAT ARE YOU SAYING repeatedly.

You will need a rooted Oneplus One with some sort of root explorer.
I used Root Explorer (File Manager) by Speed Software

1. Go to system/etc/mixer_paths.xml
2. Mount system as R/W
3. Open up mixer_paths.xml with Text Editor
4. Scroll close to the bottom of the text, your little scroll position indicator should be about an inch up from the bottom of your screen(no on screen buttons)
5. You will see <!-- Analog input devices --> and a bunch of text underneath.
6. I wasn't entirely sure which mic would make this work so I changed the <path name+"main-mic"> value from 84 to 100. (Play around with the value until you find a sweet spot.) IF YOU GET ENVIRONMENTAL MICROPHONE INTERFERENCE, TRY TURNING THE VALUES BACK DOWN A BIT.
7. Save the changed mixer_paths.xml and reboot your device for good measure

Enjoy your actually functional microphone! I hope that CM11s fixes this in an update shortly. It is not fixed as of July 4, 2014

I AM THE ORIGINAL POSTER
Gabriel Hahr AKA Kokorone

If you want my original Oneplus One forum post, search it up under the CM11s section of their forum. I am not able to link it here because I just joined XDA.

Thanks! Worked great.

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
Damn !! Problem solved !
Thank you so much now finally I can enjoy my phone !

(Ps flashble zip working perfect with stock rom)

insanimal

Jun 27, 2011
Malmesbury
I hope y'all remembered to take a backup, because it looks like the official ota patch is here and it doesn't like it if the file has been altered... :)

Last edited:

ebhk

Mar 12, 2014
I hope y'all remembered to take a backup, because it looks like the official ota patch is here and it doesn't like it if the file has been altered... :)

Yeah I didn't... So now I can't sideload the update, and I somehow can't find the original one anywhere on the Web, anyone care to share the original one? :)

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Thanks OP, that helped a lot. Made a call to my wife yesterday and she couldn't hear anything I was saying. Changed the value to 84 to 99 and voila, perfecto.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After diving into some of the files in the oneplus one, I found some file values that once changed, make the microphone actually strong enough to recognize ok google from an arm's distance away. This is essential for using speakerphone, skype, any recording application, as well as google now. I was tired of having people go WAT ARE YOU SAYING repeatedly.

You will need a rooted Oneplus One with some sort of root explorer.
    I used Root Explorer (File Manager) by Speed Software

1. Go to system/etc/mixer_paths.xml
    2. Mount system as R/W
    3. Open up mixer_paths.xml with Text Editor
    4. Scroll close to the bottom of the text, your little scroll position indicator should be about an inch up from the bottom of your screen(no on screen buttons)
    5. You will see <!-- Analog input devices --> and a bunch of text underneath.
    6. I wasn't entirely sure which mic would make this work so I changed the <path name+"main-mic"> value from 84 to 100. (Play around with the value until you find a sweet spot.) IF YOU GET ENVIRONMENTAL MICROPHONE INTERFERENCE, TRY TURNING THE VALUES BACK DOWN A BIT.
    7. Save the changed mixer_paths.xml and reboot your device for good measure

Enjoy your actually functional microphone! I hope that CM11s fixes this in an update shortly. It is not fixed as of July 4, 2014

I AM THE ORIGINAL POSTER
    Gabriel Hahr AKA Kokorone

If you want my original Oneplus One forum post, search it up under the CM11s section of their forum. I am not able to link it here because I just joined XDA.
    I made a flashable zip, should work fine. This was pulled straight from CM's source.

http://bit.ly/1rE3Tu2

Sent from my OnePlus using Tapatalk
    Worked great for me, used the stock CM file browser/editor and carefully edited it correctly. no issues. Voice transcription quality is greatly improved, OK Google (On google now screen) is much more reactive.

OK Google (or OK One Plus) is not working on the home screen, but that is to be expected, https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/ok-oneplus-update.46934/ The developers need to re-record the hotword sound files and we will need to get an update to have this function enabled. That problem is unrelated to the low microphone sensitivity.
    I recommend using the official fix here:

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/67619/

I've attached the xml (zipped) in this post. Gerrit seems to name the XML funny. Just be sure to rename it as mixers_path.xml and place it in /system/etc/ and fix the permissions (664)!

I just tried it in a meeting room and it picks up wonderfully at normal arms length distance WITHOUT having to point the microphone at me.

Edit: Wrong permissions = FC fest. If you're a noob, do a Nandroid backup.
    D
    Deleted member 5274171
    It worked, you da real MVP