[Q] S3 bricked? need some help

Search This thread

sharaku18

Jan 27, 2013
Yo guys :) well it eventually had to happen someday. Well i will try to explain what exactly happenend.

I had the Sensation 5 Rom on my device. which means i was on 4.4.2 the CWM recovery is 6.0.4.7
yesterday i decided to flash back to the Revolution HD Rom which is 4.3 if im not mistaken... i didnt change the cwm recovery.

There were no problems while flashing and the Revolution HD Rom was working fine until today when i decided to boot into recovery Mode.
(My hardware PowerButton is defect thats why i took it out of my phone so yeah there is no Power Button on my S3)
Because i cant use the 3 button combo to get into Recovery i used the App quick boot and used the App to boot into Recovery mode.
Now from there on my Problem begins. The Samsung Logo appears then the phone boots into Recovery but only for roughly 1 second.
The only thing i can see is the circle with a hat in the middle (the logo) and the cwm version on the bottom before the phone shuts down and everything starts again...its kind of a bootloop only going into recovery mode for 1 second and then starting a new.

Which mena si CANT use recovery Mode and i ALSO cant get into Download Mode somehow... ive tried holding the Volume down button and Home button and everything but i cant get the phone into download Mode so yeah phone is stuck in that Bootloop which i explained above.
Do u guys think that a Usb Jig from Amazon would actually work getting the Phone into Download Mode? or is it a lost cause and i should start looking for a new phone? ^^

i would appreciate any answers a lot ! :)

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Yo guys :) well it eventually had to happen someday. Well i will try to explain what exactly happenend.

I had the Sensation 5 Rom on my device. which means i was on 4.4.2 the CWM recovery is 6.0.4.7
yesterday i decided to flash back to the Revolution HD Rom which is 4.3 if im not mistaken... i didnt change the cwm recovery.

There were no problems while flashing and the Revolution HD Rom was working fine until today when i decided to boot into recovery Mode.
(My hardware PowerButton is defect thats why i took it out of my phone so yeah there is no Power Button on my S3)
Because i cant use the 3 button combo to get into Recovery i used the App quick boot and used the App to boot into Recovery mode.
Now from there on my Problem begins. The Samsung Logo appears then the phone boots into Recovery but only for roughly 1 second.
The only thing i can see is the circle with a hat in the middle (the logo) and the cwm version on the bottom before the phone shuts down and everything starts again...its kind of a bootloop only going into recovery mode for 1 second and then starting a new.

Which mena si CANT use recovery Mode and i ALSO cant get into Download Mode somehow... ive tried holding the Volume down button and Home button and everything but i cant get the phone into download Mode so yeah phone is stuck in that Bootloop which i explained above.
Do u guys think that a Usb Jig from Amazon would actually work getting the Phone into Download Mode? or is it a lost cause and i should start looking for a new phone? ^^

i would appreciate any answers a lot ! :)

Try to use adb to boot to recovery/dowload mode if not use usb jig.;)

sharaku18

Jan 27, 2013
Try to use adb to boot to recovery/dowload mode if not use usb jig.;)

well if i try adb the device isnt shown as connected because well the phone restarts every 2-3 seconds. :(
If there is still any other way wich it could work without a usb jig that would be awesome :D

ive found a thread over google which said something about sp tools and scatter files....looked like it was possible to change the files of the phone while it was shut down....Does somebody on here know if this is possible?