A few easy CM10 and CM11 questions

Search This thread

s_cuttic

Mar 3, 2011
I'm tired of my phone lagging, freezing up and just being slow. Installing the fastboot files and starting over from a completely clean slate didn't fix my problems.

I wanna try Cyanogenmod 10 or even CM11 but I'm not sure if 11 is supported on the droid razr maxx and what doesn't work with it.

Can someone please tell me or point me to a thread of what's different between cm10 and cm11.

I saw an old post that said on cm10 the camera flash didn't work. Has this been fixed?

What doesn't work on cm11?

I haven't flashed a ROM in over two years and that was on my droid x. I flashed darkslide and a cyanogenmod ROM but I don't remember what one.

I've been eligible for an upgrade for a few months but I don't wanna lose my unlimited data.

Any info would be appreciated!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

morr22066

Feb 19, 2011
Texas
Spyder XT912 CDMA

CM11 Kitkat (OS 4.4.4). Pretty much everything works, at this point they are mainly adding features and working out the bugs. Some people still report having orange bars, APN issues, some audio issues and slow screen wakeup but those problems do not appear to be consistent and may depend on which nightly build they are running.

Most of the current ROM's seem to be running very well with few problems. There is of course CM11 and there are several other good ones.

Paranoid Android: the current version is streamlined and has few options, it looks and feels pretty close to stock android.

Liquid Smooth: the current version has lots of options, feels fast and smooth.

PACman: recently rebuilt and seems to be running well, it's a combination of features from multiple ROM's.

Other good ones include slimkat and carbon among others. There are some newer ROM's but some are still a little buggy.

So there are plenty to try out and play with to see which one suits your needs as far as features go. I use Safestrap which does provide multiple slots for ROM installation. You could always wipe the stock Verizon ROM but I like to keep it installed as a backup.

Good luck.

s_cuttic

Mar 3, 2011
Thank you both for the info. I'm charging my phone now and I'll try a rom or two later tonight or tomorrow. I had safestrap on my droid x but never used it. The last time I flashed a rom I had to use bootstrap recovery and flash a rom in recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

myafidk

Aug 6, 2012
Hidden Mist
Thank you both for the info. I'm charging my phone now and I'll try a rom or two later tonight or tomorrow. I had safestrap on my droid x but never used it. The last time I flashed a rom I had to use bootstrap recovery and flash a rom in recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

start with officialy supported custom rom for our razr, for example AOSPA and Cyanogenmod... or both at the same time since safestrap has multiple slots.

s_cuttic

Mar 3, 2011
Does the mobile hotspot app work on cm? When I had safe strap installed, mobile hotspot wouldn't work and WiFi would only work when I'd reboot.

I removed recovery for now and I'll reinstall it and flash a ROM either tomorrow night or Saturday.

I was all set to do it today but I have to work a different shift tomorrow and don't want to have to worry about my alarm not going off and oversleeping.

crackerjack1957

Nov 1, 2012
I'm tired of my phone lagging, freezing up and just being slow. Installing the fastboot files and starting over from a completely clean slate didn't fix my problems.

I wanna try Cyanogenmod 10 or even CM11 but I'm not sure if 11 is supported on the droid razr maxx and what doesn't work with it.

Can someone please tell me or point me to a thread of what's different between cm10 and cm11.

I saw an old post that said on cm10 the camera flash didn't work. Has this been fixed?

What doesn't work on cm11?

I haven't flashed a ROM in over two years and that was on my droid x. I flashed darkslide and a cyanogenmod ROM but I don't remember what one.

I've been eligible for an upgrade for a few months but I don't wanna lose my unlimited data.

Any info would be appreciated!

You can kiss your unlimited goodby in October!
Its going to screw me over because dsl or cable is not on my area.
http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/mobile/verizon-throttle-speeds-some-heavy-4g-users-starting-october-n166721

s_cuttic

Mar 3, 2011
Well if they throttle me then they throttle me. I could probably get by on 4 gigs if I didn't tether as much and used my WiFi at home.

I tether because I have verizon dsl and it's as slow as molasses. I could get cable but that's kinda pricey and their rates keep going up.

I mainly use a lot of data at home during the week and hardly any on weekends.

I haven't gone over 20 gigs in a few months and I'm not doing too bad so far this month... just under 7 gigs.

crackerjack1957

Nov 1, 2012
Well if they throttle me then they throttle me. I could probably get by on 4 gigs if I didn't tether as much and used my WiFi at home.

I tether because I have verizon dsl and it's as slow as molasses. I could get cable but that's kinda pricey and their rates keep going up.

I mainly use a lot of data at home during the week and hardly any on weekends.

I haven't gone over 20 gigs in a few months and I'm not doing too bad so far this month... just under 7 gigs.

Guess I will switch to the more everything plan at 10gigs of data for 3 smartphones for $160
Why stay with the unlimited when it cost more for less gigs.
Verizon says it will only throttle when you have used over 4.7 gigs & the tower you are on is congested.
This is bs, I have already been thru this a few years back with the 3g unlimited plan when it was throttled.
Either tower was always congested or Verizon just lied about it, I would say they lied.

The initial hardware cost is high, but Verizon thru Millenicom is $89.99 for 20gigs a month for 4g data hotspot only.

Satellite internet is really fast now with Exede but expensive, no cost for hardware but plans cost more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simply, CM 10 is Jelly Bean, and CM 11 is KitKat.