Sony Z1 Fastboot File Recovery

Search This thread

ABkrr

Aug 26, 2014
Hey All!

I have a Sony Xperia Z1, which although advertised as waterproof, somehow got water damage after a day at the waterpark, even though all the flaps were perfectly closed and the phone even had a case that covered the whole back and sides of the phone.

After a few days of letting the phone dry out, now I'm able to connect it to my laptop, but only in fastboot mode as the phone won't boot up and I can't turn on USB Debugging to try and do something via ADB. Anyway, the bottom line is that I need to recover the files from my phone. I read about pulling files out through ADB, but I have no idea if it's possible to somehow acces the phone memory through Fastboot mode or at least switching to ADB using fastboot. The phone has insurance so I don't really care about the hardware, I just want my photos and files(which I realise I was an idiot for not backing up regularly).

Please help!

P.S. The phone isn't and has never been rooted.

ABkrr

Aug 26, 2014
Thanks. I read everything but unfortunately the information found on that page and the links provided there doesn't help in my situation. From what I read there, the solutions include wiping all the data off the phone, which is exactly what I don't want to do. I would just need to somehow switch from the current Fastboot mode(blue light) to ADB, so that I can use the "pull" cmd and download my files from the phone.

ABkrr

Aug 26, 2014
Thank you. I tried those solutions last night, I managed to enter flash mode, flashed only the system files, without wiping the data, everything was succesful, but unfortunately there was no change in my phone's state. Still no response when trying to power it up, still no ADB access. I'm starting to think that my data can't be recovered in the phone's current state :(

Top Liked Posts