[ROM] 5.09.12 ODJDub HD Express X Sense 3.0 Fully Working 4G & Landscape!!!

Search This thread

One_Shot_2012

Feb 29, 2012
look behind you....boo!!!
That wouldn't look too bad...with a lot of black...if the NFL can do it why can't we...can even donate proceeds for the cause...you know

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

I like that idea!! Do some themes to support the things that effect us the most. Hell make em donatable to the causes they represent too (if the forum will allow it).
Here are some ideas....

Neon/light green and black/grey for St Jude's
Yellow/black for cancer support cancer
Digital camo for our troops
Red and gold for the Marine Corp

Just to name a few...

Btw, thanks to OD, and bill for all your help! These guys are awesome at what they do, as are the other developers on this site. I have tried a lot of roms, but honestly have never got the support, nor guidance as I have with this rom! Still waiting to see if its possible to change the sound of the phone keypad being touched to whatever you want, lol.

The keypad mod rocks guys, and is so easy to do. All you have to do is pick the picture you want. OD's orginsl keypad will support almost any pic you can put behind it!

Reactions: officiallytook

officiallytook

Sep 17, 2011
So.Cal.
I agree completely. I have pretty good 4g coverage where I live as well. I pay for it,so I am using it.

I also wanted to say that I am not flaking on you guys about the theme. I am currently in the works on a red one for everyone. I am listening to requests, but I want this to look right and it's taking a little longer than I had time to spend this weekend, since I got called in on an emergency for the day yesterday. I'll have a new theme to you and a new....

Awww dayumn

Reactions: weztcoazt

One_Shot_2012

Feb 29, 2012
keypad mod

Thanks to OD & bill....check it out...

picture.php

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

I agree completely. I have pretty good 4g coverage where I live as well. I pay for it,so I am using it.

I also wanted to say that I am not flaking on you guys about the theme. I am currently in the works on a red one for everyone. I am listening to requests, but I want this to look right and it's taking a little longer than I had time to spend this weekend, since I got called in on an emergency for the day yesterday. I'll have a new theme to you and a new....

....ok, I'm paying attention here....what else is new here OD....what's up ya sleeve man, you can't just end a sentence in mid.......

Last edited:

leon sprouse

Feb 26, 2008
saint cloud , Florida
I like that idea!! Do some themes to support the things that effect us the most. Hell make em donatable to the causes they represent too (if the forum will allow it).
Here are some ideas....

Neon/light green and black/grey for St Jude's
Yellow/black for cancer support cancer
Digital camo for our troops
Red and gold for the Marine Corp

Just to name a few...

Btw, thanks to OD, and bill for all your help! These guys are awesome at what they do, as are the other developers on this site. I have tried a lot of roms, but honestly have never got the support, nor guidance as I have with this rom! Still waiting to see if its possible to change the sound of the phone keypad being touched to whatever you want, lol.

The keypad mod rocks guys, and is so easy to do. All you have to do is pick the picture you want. OD's orginsl keypad will support almost any pic you can put behind it!
Where is this keypad mod?

Sleestax

Jun 27, 2008
Atlanta
Ok, so I flashed about an hour ago and have been playing with it since. I love this ROM! It's fast, it works, there is tons of free onboard memory, etc. This is so awesome. Thanks so much to the OP for this beautiful ROM!

My only complaint is that the boot-up animation and subsequent eplileptic seizure inducing title page are really obnoxious. I would prefer something more sedate. Just a minor thing really. I freaking love this ROM.

leon sprouse

Feb 26, 2008
saint cloud , Florida
Ok, so I flashed about an hour ago and have been playing with it since. I love this ROM! It's fast, it works, there is tons of free onboard memory, etc. This is so awesome. Thanks so much to the OP for this beautiful ROM!

My only complaint is that the boot-up animation and subsequent eplileptic seizure inducing title page are really obnoxious. I would prefer something more sedate. Just a minor thing really. I freaking love this ROM.

I use a boot animation , boot screen and down animation that I installed myself. Its not real hard , so if you want then change them. As a suggestion here is what I use. Victoria Beckham (former Spice Girl) in black with a black penther is my boot screen. EVO Fire is my boot animation coupled with "Ride of the Valkeries" as the sound for the fire (a perfect match) and "Lucy Pendor" blowing a kiss and the words "good bye" is my down animation.

One_Shot_2012

Feb 29, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. I hope all devs keep up the same route. I can help you with the custom dialer pic. Which one do you want. Regardless, here's how you can edit any of these images, really fast. You can even do this on your phone with file explorer apps.

1. Open up the htcdialer.apk and phone.apk with 7zip. Extract the drawable-hdpi folders.
2. Now you have all your images. Navigate to the image you want to change.
3. Edit or swap your image with one that is the same size and of your liking.
4. Now that you have your images, go back to your apk in 7zip and drag your new images back into the drawable-hdpi folder. You are done. Flash or push this.

Where is this keypad mod?

A few pages back...I think on 60 or 61....here ya go though...it seems like a lot at first, but easy as crap once you get the hang of it!
Don't forget to thank OD for the help on this...

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=990829

Check these guys out man...their site is dedicated to modifications

Sleestax

Jun 27, 2008
Atlanta
Ok, so I have found three small issues with this ROM.

1. I set a pin lock. When in landscape mode, after I activate the circle lock, the T9 pin lock pad only shows the upper left numbers. It's still in regular mode even though phone in landscape. So i have to rotate vertical to get T9 pad to display properly so I can unlock.

2. I need a German keyboard, so I use the "AnySoftKeyboard" and German language pack. I installed from play store and went into settings to activate, but I still get whatever keyboard is baked into the ROM. Any way to fix this?

3. The landscape mode is wonky. It keeps the screens in that scrolled mode rather than full screen. It causes mis-selections a lot. Also, pressing on app key brings up app launcher menu, but it doesn't scroll right. It jumps from page to page. This is only in landscape mode.

vel7wil

Jun 17, 2010
Killeen, Tx

PM me and I'll give you the steps to change the boot animations if you want

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Ok, so I have found three small issues with this ROM.

1. I set a pin lock. When in landscape mode, after I activate the circle lock, the T9 pin lock pad only shows the upper left numbers. It's still in regular mode even though phone in landscape. So i have to rotate vertical to get T9 pad to display properly so I can unlock.

2. I need a German keyboard, so I use the "AnySoftKeyboard" and German language pack. I installed from play store and went into settings to activate, but I still get whatever keyboard is baked into the ROM. Any way to fix this?

3. The landscape mode is wonky. It keeps the screens in that scrolled mode rather than full screen. It causes mis-selections a lot. Also, pressing on app key brings up app launcher menu, but it doesn't scroll right. It jumps from page to page. This is only in landscape mode.

Issue 1 cant help ya there...:D

Issue 2 try settings then language and keyboards to activate if no go then open the keyboard app it self and you should be able to install it. I'm using perfect keyboard and it works fine.

Issue 3 is a sizing thing that OD is aware of I think and is working on it.

Reactions: Sleestax

Sleestax

Jun 27, 2008
Atlanta
PM me and I'll give you the steps to change the boot animations if you want

Issue 1 cant help ya there...:D

Issue 2 try settings then language and keyboards to activate if no go then open the keyboard app it self and you should be able to install it. I'm using perfect keyboard and it works fine.

Issue 3 is a sizing thing that OD is aware of I think and is working on it.

Thanks for the feedback. PM sent. I'm going to give the "Go Keyboard" a try since it seems to get good ratings and has a german QWERTZ keyboard. I hope that Issue 3 gets resolved by the OD soon, as it stands, the landscape mode is barely functional.

thebbbrain

Aug 6, 2010

As far as I know, the landscape screen is as desired by OP. I asked this question back in pre-beta status. I don't believe it will ever 'fill up' the screen.

You can always try the recalibration of the screen. I never had any significant issues other than the occasional hard to click spot in the lower right corner of the screen.

dtowngs4g

Mar 18, 2011
I've had Google play keep stopping with error message, reinstalled. Poweramp refuses to play, acting real cracky yet other music players work. Only thing I'm gonna change is keyboard, kinda hard on eyes. I love the 3.0 period. The sound of music is good w/o extra sound kernel. Running stock kernel now cuz anthrax didn't seem to mesh.

One_Shot_2012

Feb 29, 2012
I've had Google play keep stopping with error message, reinstalled. Poweramp refuses to play, acting real cracky yet other music players work. Only thing I'm gonna change is keyboard, kinda hard on eyes. I love the 3.0 period. The sound of music is good w/o extra sound kernel. Running stock kernel now cuz anthrax didn't seem to mesh.

You can customize your existing keyboard to what you want it to be...in my opinion, better than downloading another program to take more space. There is a tutorial by OD and bill a few pages back, I think on 60 about it. I did it, and it looks awesome!

jrollercoasters

Oct 4, 2011
I got 3 hrs on 100% with dark world sbc kernal, wow that's crazy..
Just thought is share
sent from my EVO EXPRESS 4g

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333468588866.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333468588866.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 154

outerdepth

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
New Things On the Horizon

Thanks to OD & bill....check it out...

picture.php

That looks cool as hell, brother. I really like that. Maybe you should make a theme for the ROM too or help me. It's kicking my but finding cool images. I don't settle for anything less than the best.

....ok, I'm paying attention here....what else is new here OD....what's up ya sleeve man, you can't just end a sentence in mid.......

Dude, I also want to say this to let you know. This is for everyone. I am sorry the theming is taking so long, but I have something for you all to try out. I will be posting it either tonight or in tomorrow after work, I need to finish theming a couple apks which is not a big deal at all, but I have a new ROM for you all to try out. The Express is the best ROM for the Evo4G in my opinion, but I have now written up a new Sense 3.5 Bliss ROM. I thank everyone for your support and am going to be updating the Express this upcoming week also, but is time for me to expand. I hope you all keep loving the Express and also love the new ODJDub HD Bliss.:cool:

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
That looks cool as hell, brother. I really like that. Maybe you should make a theme for the ROM too or help me. It's kicking my but finding cool images. I don't settle for anything less than the best.

Dude, I also want to say this to let you know. This is for everyone. I am sorry the theming is taking so long, but I have something for you all to try out. I will be posting it either tonight or in tomorrow after work, I need to finish theming a couple apks which is not a big deal at all, but I have a new ROM for you all to try out. The Express is the best ROM for the Evo4G in my opinion, but I have now written up a new Sense 3.5 Bliss ROM. I thank everyone for your support and am going to be updating the Express this upcoming week also, but is time for me to expand. I hope you all keep loving the Express and also love the new ODJDub HD Bliss.:cool:
cant wait to try the 3.5 rom :D

Fed4

May 9, 2011
I searched but I couldn't find an answer to my question. Is anybody having problems with connecting the phone to the comp? It won't connect as a disk drive or give me an option. I tried to go into reboot and toggle usb, but still no go. Any help would be appreciated.

One_Shot_2012

Feb 29, 2012

Would be my honor to assist you and your team! Just let me know what images you are looking for, and I will do my beat to help I'm any way I can!

Is anyone having sms issues still? Possibly a network issue, or something else?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My%20OP%203.png

The Team:
    outerdepth
    justinswidebody
    Diablo67
    the_plattypus
    chubbzlou01
    sarkisdx

HUGE Thanks to the following:
    GruesomeWolf and Team Nocturnal
    TommyTomato
    Team Synergy
    Virus
    Gnufabio
    Donators

Hello, XDA!!!

This is the new thread and home for the Express for Evo 4G. I am pleased to bring you the best ROM ever for our phones. This is a mashup of the HTC Flyer tablet pc's ROM and the Evo3D (Shooter) ROM. I am happy to say this ROM is lightning fast and has been tweaked and had enhancements done to the sound and display to bring you a brighter more vivid screen and enhanced sound over the stock. This ROM has all the goodies from the HTC Flyer, and all the functionality of the Evo4G. It has tons of features which I will list below. Enjoy the ROM and please read the OP in entirety. We don't want to clog up the page with unnecessary discussion.

That being said here are the goods...

The Goods:
    -Fully working landscape
    -4G!!!
    -Landscape Sense 3.0 Lockscreen with weather
    -New!! Aroma Installer
    -Swap Kernels During Install
    -Swap Boot Animations
    -Add Extra Apps
    -Sony Bravia Engine
    -Sony Xloud
    -Stock and themed versions
    -Fully Working HDMI
    -Updated OTA kernel
    -Working camera
    -Hacked Wifi-Hotspot
    -Added apps, removed unwanted bloat
    -New Visual Voicemail
    -Tons of others!!!

-Planning on more customizations for the future update!!!

HERE IS THE AROMA INSTALLER IN ACTION!!!!

aroma-ss.png

**Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. We are not responsible if you brick your phone. Please follow all install instructions.

**Do not discuss off topic things on this thread. It is for developmental purposes. PM me if you need to discuss anything not really appropriate for the purpose of the thread, but is ROM related.

Installation:

*Must have sd partitioned and using Amon-Ra Recovery!! Link Below to the correct one to use. Rename to PC36IMG.zip
    Place PC36IMG.zip on root of sd card, then power off phone and hold the vol- and power button down until hboot loads. It will automatically scan for this and ask you to flash it, flash it and then boot into recovery to assure it worked.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55460282/PC36IMG_AmonRA-v2.3-hausmod_revA.zip

1.Download ROM
    2.Copy ROM to root of SD card
    3.Wipe all userdata/factory reset
    4.Flash ROM
    5.Enjoy your new toy

Changelog:

5-9-12: The Express X
    -Fixed themed ROM setups
    -Fixed Tweaks in Settings Menu for all
    -Added Wipe Phone to Aroma Installer

Download Link:http://themikmik.com/showthread.php...nse-3-0-Aroma-Installer!!&p=203943#post203943

5-2-12: The Express 3.0
    -Totally New ROM!!!!!!!
    -New Aroma Installer allowing total individual customization
    -6 kernel choices
    -3 Theme Choices
    -All apps selectable or unselectable for install
    -New System Setup
    -Full,Typical,Minimal, and Custom Install allowed
    -ENJOY

Download Link:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/EVO_4G_Developers/Outerdepth/The_Express/The Express 3.0.zip

ODJDub Express 2.2.1

-Fixed Slide to Swipe on ALL Themes!!
    -Fixed theme swapping
    -Lockscreen Shortcuts fixed FOR SURE!!!
    -New Boot animation Swapping
    -More intuitive customization menu
    -Reconfigured system!!!!

Download Link:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...erdepth/The_Express/The Express 2.0 2.2.1.zip

ODJDub Express 2.1.1

-Fixed Native Sreen shot/capture
    -Fixed kernel install swap
    -Added stock and red theme choice on install

Download Link: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/EVO_4G_Developers/Outerdepth/The_Express/The Express 2.1.1.zip

ODJDub HD Express 2.0

-Added Sony Xloud
    -Added NEW Aroma Installer
    -Swap 6 diff kernels on install
    -Swap Boot Animations
    -Add Extra Apps
    -New System Setup
    -New Framework Tweaks
    -Seriously Faster than before!!

Download:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/EVO_4G_Developers/Outerdepth/The_Express/The Express 2.0.zip

RC 1.0
    -Beta Releases posted
    -Sony Bravia Engine
    -New Sound enhancements
    -New tweaks
    -Updated Market apps
    -New system setup

Download Link
    Themed RC1.0.1:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...terdepth/The_Express/The Express RC 1.0.1.zip
    Stock RC1.0.0:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...terdepth/The_Express/The Express RC 1.0.0.zip

Beta Download links:

Express themed:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/EVO_4G_Developers/Outerdepth/The_Express/The Express 3.6.1.zip
    Express stock:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/EVO_4G_Developers/Outerdepth/The_Express/The Express 3.6.0.zip
    Hey Fans!!!!

I want to say to everyone on this thead and XDA that you guys are all right. Everyone has their opinion and is entitled to it. Even though I don't agree with them all, everyone deserves there fair say. I have built this for you guys with the awesome base that GruesomeWolf has made. I bring to you what I hope to be a match between his awesome ROM and the HTC Flyer. I am so enthused that you all are loving it. I am sure the few with some issues will get the ROM running smooth quick. If not, this is what the thread is for. I hope you all have a great experience with this and quit squabbling. I and my team are the only ones that should be mad about anything, and I can assure you none of us are. WE do this because this is what we love to do. We are glad you all like it so much. Keep us going, guys!!!:cool:
    Experimentals, mods, etc

Install Instructions:

1. Put zip on root of ROM
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Flash update zip
    4. Wipe dalvik cache and then wipe cache.
    5. Reboot

Stock Clock and Lock Ring Mod:

Download Link:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...ress/Express Flashable - Stock Clock Lock.zip

Transparent Statusbar Mod(Themed ROM Version):

Download Link:http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...The_Express/Express Flashable - Trans Bar.zip

Updated ODJDub Tweaks UPDATED 4.23.12:

Download Link:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55460282/Express Flashable - Tweaks.zip
    Check It Out!!

i guess no update tonight! :(

EHHHH, wrong.

I am proud to tell you I have the newest update ready. I am uploading it tonight. I have added some new things and improved speed dramatically. I hope you are pleased. Give me some time. I am uploading the Bliss ROM and the Express tonight, so it may take a bit, but keep looking tonight and in the morning. By then they will both be up. I am sure to guarantee satisfaction. Changelog is below, OP will be updated as soon as possible.

Changelog:
    4-9-12: ODJDub HD Express 2.0
    New System Setup
    Newest Aroma Installer!!
    Anthrax Beats Supported Kernel Included
    Sony Xloud Engine Added
    Updated apps
    Smaller memory Footprint
    Removed more bloat
    MORE CUSTOMIZABLE THAN EVER!!
    New Kernel Swapping
    New Bootanimation Swapping