[Tutorial] How to root HTC Rider//X515E//HTC EVO 4G+//Korean EVO 3D

Search This thread

akashavel

Nov 3, 2011
Chennai
HI mate,

gud news ....made it.
phone is working...
whenever you get the after htc logo problem (a phone in red triangle see attached shot...scary is it)
go to hboot make sure yur unlocked and recovery is installed and flash the super user zip.
then comes the nand backup help... i had a backup in my pc.
jus copied the boot.img from that backup to adb folder and ran the command.
fastboot flash boot boot.img and great im back with my old working state.

thanks guys i was almost abt to miss my mobile ... ok learnt a lesson ...take a nand backup to ur pc...if not.. do it

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

sets for down grading but be carefull.... i m not planin to do this now. keep for yur reference.

Originally Posted by EvolveX515E
you will need adb, fastboot, drivers, and htc sync to downgrade.
If you look on xda there is a file named misc_version_universal.zip.
(I couldnt get a direct link but i'll try )
The downgrade steps are listed below :

1. Unzip misc_version_universal in the folder where you have your adb and fastboot.

2. Turn on usb debugging on your x515e, then connect it to your computer.

3. Run the command prompt. (Run as administrator for vista/7/8)

4. Set your directory using cd \the name of your folder that has the adb files.

5. Type the text below into the command prompt :

adb push misc_version /data/local/misc_version
adb shell
su
chmod 777 /data/local/misc_version
/data/local/misc_version -s 2.00.405.3
exit
adb reboot bootloader

After rebooting, type

fastboot oem lock

to lock the bootloader.

6. Run the 3.09.1010.8 RUU.

Troubleshooting - if you can't run the ruu, follow the steps below. You will need PG86IMG.zip.

1. Type the text below into the command prompt :

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip PG86IMG.zip (You can try rom.zip)

2. Reboot. If your phone does NOT reboot automatically for more than 2 minutes, pull the battery.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Hi Mate,

Forgot to say this,

yesterday before my bricking my phone.. that morning when i was coming down from my office steps dropped my phone it fell on a reasonable height banged on 2 to 3 steps and the rested in the floor with covers and battery out and of course nude.. to my surprise no scratch in classes and the case.. and the same evening.. i think you knew the story...

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

russells.android

May 27, 2012
Bulacan
wow! that's good news man! i was so sad when you posted that your phone got bricked. good thing everything is fine now! that's a sigh of relief man! anyways, i still to need to research more with this. i still get lost with all the terminologies of rooting (i still don't know what's a nand and how to back up it! fml). gtg now, still got work tomorrow. glad everything's fine now! cya!

akashavel

Nov 3, 2011
Chennai
Hi Mate,

itz nothing... go to hboot ( power+volume down button).
then i hope yu have installed 4ext recovery (which is part of root process) so enter recovery.
colorfull screen with touch enabled menu will appear. there go to back & restore.
then hit backup and wait till successful and then reboot and connect usb and make it read as disk and sd cards contents loads in pc
go to clcokwork mod folder and then backup and then a folder ... that folder jus copy to pc and keep it safe..

thanks

akashavel

Nov 3, 2011
Chennai

Hi Mate,

most of the custome roms are on 3.09 based .
What is ur version?
we need to downgrade to 3.09 to use this roms.

thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Hi Mate,

I have another prblem . it started today.
Could not use usb mode. When i connect phone in fastboot it says fastboot ac not fastboot usb.
could not phone as disk drive and usb debugging is not working when ticking the option.

any ideas?
thanks.

BaCkkk

Sep 25, 2012
LAhore
hi...i m facing a problem if some one help me..

i updated my evo4G+ RUU​_RIDER​_ICS​_35_S​_KT_KR​_3.09 ruu...when i try to unlock my boot loader through unlock bin file ..it doesn't show splash screen of htc boot loader unlocking instead it stuck at fasboot usb mode...when second time i send unlock bin file through fast boot command it gives error (splash screen cant show)...

im waiting 4 reply..thanx

akashavel

Nov 3, 2011
Chennai
hi...i m facing a problem if some one help me..

i updated my evo4G+ RUU​_RIDER​_ICS​_35_S​_KT_KR​_3.09 ruu...when i try to unlock my boot loader through unlock bin file ..it doesn't show splash screen of htc boot loader unlocking instead it stuck at fasboot usb mode...when second time i send unlock bin file through fast boot command it gives error (splash screen cant show)...

im waiting 4 reply..thanx

Hi mate,

what screen is splash screen?
where u able to get into the htc sense homescreen?
try restoring back to 3.09 by running the 3.09 ruu...

thanks.

farazhassankhan

Feb 25, 2012
Hi Mate,

itz nothing... go to hboot ( power+volume down button).
then i hope yu have installed 4ext recovery (which is part of root process) so enter recovery.
colorfull screen with touch enabled menu will appear. there go to back & restore.
then hit backup and wait till successful and then reboot and connect usb and make it read as disk and sd cards contents loads in pc
go to clcokwork mod folder and then backup and then a folder ... that folder jus copy to pc and keep it safe..

thanks

Bro how can I S-Off my EVO 4G+. Hboot is 1.57.0000 and phone is rooted of course.
Looking for you help

khurram_kool

Dec 23, 2012
help!

olleh hi guys.. you are doing great work

I'm very new to rooting

anyhow I have recently purchased same phone.. HTC Evo 4G+ (X515E) it had olleh logo and olleh firmware (olleh boots screen, olleh softwares etc) Google Korean keyboard, although there is english but there is a botton of korean on bottom left corner which really annoys me. actually i'm not korean.. so I want my phone korean free and olleh free as well

I have completely followed the instructions given on first page to root the phone.. and i did it. I'm successful so far. I have SuperSU app installed.

plz help me what should i doo.. i want my phone completely logo free with stock rom.. currently its running olleh rom ics 4.0.3

i want my phone completely logo free.. there should be no korean , no any single app of olleh, no logon pic of olleh after HTC,

plzz help me what should i do??????

Can I install ICS WWE ROM(world wide english) - but that must be stock rom. ?
can I install any stock rom of HTC Evo 3D ?

another problem, sms more than 90 characters converted into MMS :-/
I also need help regarding that...

Last edited:

khurram_kool

Dec 23, 2012
wifi error

I have tried custom ROM NHK Rider v4.0 based on 3.09 ICS 4.0.3 ROM installed perfectly fine but wifi not working
I have also tried NHK Rider v4.0.1 based on 3.09 ICS 4.0.3 ROM installed perfectly fine but wifi not working
I have tried NHK evo 3d rom ported for HTC Evo 4G+ , it installed perfectly but when I rebooted phone.. it stucked at Beats.Audio animation. doesn't move forward. waited for hours..
I have also tried NHK Rider v2.2 and v1.0 based on 2.3.6 GB 2.18 but it stucked at HTC logo..
Now I'm going back to original RUU 3.10 ROM..
I didn't find any solution for this..
will anybody here can help me regarding that...

russells.android

May 27, 2012
Bulacan
I have tried custom ROM NHK Rider v4.0 based on 3.09 ICS 4.0.3 ROM installed perfectly fine but wifi not working
I have also tried NHK Rider v4.0.1 based on 3.09 ICS 4.0.3 ROM installed perfectly fine but wifi not working
I have tried NHK evo 3d rom ported for HTC Evo 4G+ , it installed perfectly but when I rebooted phone.. it stucked at Beats.Audio animation. doesn't move forward. waited for hours..
I have also tried NHK Rider v2.2 and v1.0 based on 2.3.6 GB 2.18 but it stucked at HTC logo..
Now I'm going back to original RUU 3.10 ROM..
I didn't find any solution for this..
will anybody here can help me regarding that...
how were you able to downgrade ruu? can you please show me the steps. i want to install a custom rom on my 4g+. thanks in advance.

khurram_kool

Dec 23, 2012
how were you able to downgrade ruu? can you please show me the steps. i want to install a custom rom on my 4g+. thanks in advance.

we can downgrade from 3.10 to 3.09 but can't downgrade from 3.10/3.09 to 2.18
anyhow I have fixed the problem of wifi.
now I'm with ROM NHK Rider ICS 4.0.3 based of 3.09 kernel wifi didn't work with 3.09 kernel so I flash only 3.10 kernel.. andd wifi worked everything is fine because my stock kernel was 3.10 :)
HAPPY FLASHING

russells.android

May 27, 2012
Bulacan
we can downgrade from 3.10 to 3.09 but can't downgrade from 3.10/3.09 to 2.18
anyhow I have fixed the problem of wifi.
now I'm with ROM NHK Rider ICS 4.0.3 based of 3.09 kernel wifi didn't work with 3.09 kernel so I flash only 3.10 kernel.. andd wifi worked everything is fine because my stock kernel was 3.10 :)
HAPPY FLASHING

how did you do it? :confused steps please...:D

tia.

gururoop

Dec 24, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A2
Google Pixel 4 XL
got this phone from ebay few days back... got a strange problem though... the phone came with gingerbread, s-off, rooted with 4ext recovery... but the bootloader was locked... tried unlocking from htcdev.com but when i flash unlock_code.bin, nothing happens... the bootloader just freezes until i pull out the cable, no prompt to unlock the bootloader... then i upgraded to ICS rom using RUU posted in this thread... now i have lost root and 4ext recovery... still unable to unlock using htcdev.com, and now unable to flash 4ext... the phone is still s-off... please help me root/unlock bootloader...

akashavel

Nov 3, 2011
Chennai
Hi Mates ,

Any tutorial on how to downgrade from 3.10 to 3.09 and flash ROM NHK Rider ICS 4.0.3 and flash 3.10 kernel (for Wifi)??

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Anyone wanna try this..
http://www.androidegis.com/how-to/l...ch-ruu-3-11-605-1-rom-for-htc-rezound-how-to/
i think we nned to use this PG86IMG.zip
---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Sharing old post::

Originally Posted by EvolveX515E
you will need adb, fastboot, drivers, and htc sync to downgrade.
If you look on xda there is a file named misc_version_universal.zip.
(I couldnt get a direct link but i'll try )
The downgrade steps are listed below :

1. Unzip misc_version_universal in the folder where you have your adb and fastboot.

2. Turn on usb debugging on your x515e, then connect it to your computer.

3. Run the command prompt. (Run as administrator for vista/7/8)

4. Set your directory using cd \the name of your folder that has the adb files.

5. Type the text below into the command prompt :

adb push misc_version /data/local/misc_version
adb shell
su
chmod 777 /data/local/misc_version
/data/local/misc_version -s 2.00.405.3
exit
adb reboot bootloader

After rebooting, type

fastboot oem lock

to lock the bootloader.

6. Run the 3.09.1010.8 RUU.

Troubleshooting - if you can't run the ruu, follow the steps below. You will need PG86IMG.zip.

1. Type the text below into the command prompt :

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip PG86IMG.zip (You can try rom.zip)

2. Reboot. If your phone does NOT reboot automatically for more than 2 minutes, pull the battery.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

No need downgrade ..A rom which i found ...i havnt tried or tested..try ur luck.

Rider_Lite_v3.2_NO Sense [2012-10-03]
Stability: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ power saving: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
RAM: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ran sub: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Andrews version: 4.0.3 These error messages indicate that RUU version: 3.10
Kernel version :3.0.16-winpih, CPU frequency :192-1512MHz

Starter Apex1.3.1
Delete the Sense3.6, the official weather, google components replace 1.5Ghz overclocking kernel, CPU modify and delete a lot of useless software for automatic overclocking, adding several utility software

Steps:
1. Extracted from the ROM package boot.img, and place it in ADb folder (where fastboot exe is present).
2. turn off ur phone.
3. go to hboot (press vol down button and power button)
4. connect the usb cable
5. download this zip http://attachments.gfan.com/attachments2/day_120915/1209151459cbd1cd84ec33fd65.zip
6. extrat zip and copy boot.bat to ADb folder (where fastboot exe is present).
7. run boot.bat and press any key to continue.
8. restart phone..

Note:
if you dont have adb folder setup in ur pc then you can download
http://attachments.gfan.com/attachments2/day_120915/1209151459cbd1cd84ec33fd65.zip
extract to c: folder and place boot.img (from step1) and jus run boot.bat (step7).

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

ROM package is missing have to find..

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

http://translate.googleusercontent....349344&usg=ALkJrhhwuc7LzhYiKy5qLieL-nmhEM1ZSQ

Reactions: nuwaus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off I would like to say that this took hours and hours compiling different information on the internet to figure this out. I do not take credit for any of the exploits or anything else in this. I am simply Writing the tutorial on how to use everything correctly to achieve root on a HTC Rider (HTC EVO 4G+)

Step1) go to http://www.htcdev.com/ and follow the guide to unlock your bootloader. Very simple instructions. You will need the following prior to unlocking your boot loader:

1.The Google Android SDK - http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

2. Java Runtime Environment - http://java.com/

3. HTC Sync - http://www.htc.com/www/help/

Step2) Download HTC EVO 4g+ adb and recover image from - http://www.mediafire.com/?cyiz55mo4u666au

Unzip HTC EVO 4g+ adb and recover to the place of your liking I chose C:\

Enable USB debugging on your HTC EVO 4G+

Open a command prompt start>run>CMD

Restart the phone into HBOOT and select FASTBOOT

Plug phone in via usb.

Input the following command CD C:\adb
    then type the following command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Reboot phone.

Step 3) Turn on phone and copy su-2.3.6.3-efgh-fixed-unsigned.zip from HTC EVO 4G adb and recovery to the root of your SD card in your phone.

Restart phone into Hboot then choose BOOTLOADER

From BOOTLOADER choose RECOVERY

Once in RECOVERY choose Install zip from SD CARD using the camera button on the side of the HTC EVO 4G+

You then choose su-2.3.6.3-efgh-fixed-unsigned.zip

It will then move you to a menu that has a large amounts of -NO's and one that says -Yes then the file name choose yes again with the camera button.

Once installed simply use the back button untill you see the option reboot.

Once rebooted you should have SU installed along with full SU privileges.

Sorry for the disorganized manner of this tutorial as this is the first one I have ever written and I just did this my self for the first time.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

I did this on a HTC EVO 4G+ with HBOOT 1.43.0000,Android 2.3.4,Software number 1.47.1010.4,Kernel version 2.6.35.13-gAD1A583.
    Go to your phone settings in power, untick fast boot.
    =========================== 1 =========================================================================
    First download these 2 files in ur pc.

1.http://www.mediafire.com/?9ni7bz2wx2n358y -htc driver install it your pc.
    2.http://www.mediafire.com/?kbmo8op8pv2br8q - jus extract the zip to folder and place in C:\ folder.

=========================== 2 =========================================================================
    now logon to the htc website:
    http://htcdev.com/bootloader - create an account for you.. follow the instruction when doin this.
    during the unlock process it will ask for 3 files (adb.exe,adbwinapi.dll,fastboot.exe) you can copy the files
    from adb tool folder.
    End of the process site will send you the unlock file for ur phone. download the file to your pc from ur mail
    to adb tool folder.

=========================== 3 =========================================================================
    Press power + vol down button and wait till you get a screen which loads hboot options
    you can use vol up + vol down for select and confirm by pressing power button.

now you have to enter the fastboot option for below process

now in ur pc run command promt : type cmd in run command
    now point the prompt to adb tool folder

for ex:

C:\Users\X7>cd C:\ADB Tool

C:\ADB Tool>

make sure unlock code file is in adb tool folder.
    then type fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

your phone will show a screen to unlock , use the vol up or vol down button and then press power button
    to select the option and reboot ur phone.

=========================== 4 =========================================================================
    Press power + vol down button and wait till you get a screen which loads hboot options, now it should show
    'unlocked' on top of it.

now you have to enter the fastboot option for below process

now in ur pc run command promt : type cmd in run command
    now point the prompt to adb tool folder

for ex:

C:\Users\X7>cd C:\ADB Tool

C:\ADB Tool>

rename recovery_4EXT_1.0.0.5 RC5V1.0.img to recovery_4EXT_1.0.0.5_RC5V1.0.img in adb folder

for ics : type the command fastboot flash recovery recovery_4EXT_1.0.0.5_RC5V1.0.img

For GB : type the command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

and reboot ur phone.
    =========================== 5 =========================================================================
    for ics :
    downlad the file http://www.mediafire.com/?xw7y7kces03pxrb ( Rider_ICS_Root.zip )
    and place a copy of the file in ur memory card.

Press power + vol down button and wait till you get a screen which loads hboot options.

now you have to enter the recovery option for below process.
    now a colorful screen will appear with lots of option , now you can use fingers to touch select the
    options..

go to, install from sd card>choose the zip> and select the Rider_ICS_Root.zip and confirm yes.

and press back button and reboot the phone ... now in the app list you should a superuser app.
    voila you are done.

For gb:
    use su-2.3.6.3-EFGH-fixed-unsigned.zip to root which is in adb tool folder and process is same as above.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Happy rooting""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

In hboot , if you want to go to back screen press camera button

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

After rooting , hboot and go to recovery and then do a backup option.. you can restore incase of any failures.
    also copy backup folder file to you pc also.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Feedback on rooting:
    1. got rid of ads in all the apps by installing adaway
    2. moved all the apps from phone memory to sd card using droidsail app ( more phone memory now)
    3. removed all the oleh apps using system tuner pro app

yet to find a fast kernel and rom ....
    ted presley said:
    akashavel said:
    Welcome mate : Ted.

Hope you are Vietnamese and knows English.
    we need your help.

We are currently in stock rom 3.10 and sense 3.6, Rooted & unlocked but still on S-ON.
    How can we downgrade to 3.09? Can we use any custom rom on 3.10 base?
    Please give us the steps.

Ya i used translator but still we need your guidance
    Pls help..

TIA

I'm too new on this device, my previous one is a Desire Z, I don't think that I know better than you, but for your question I can answer.

1.Yes, you can downgrade to 3.09:
    - Download the 3.09 RUU:http://hotfile.com/dl/161493114/806b526/RUU_RIDER_ICS_35_S_KT_KR_3.09.1010.8_Radio_11.24.3504.18_M_release_262166_signed.exe.html
    - Re-lock bootloader: Connect your phone with computer in Fast boot mode, using adb type this: fastboot oem lock
    - Install RUU file downloaded (follow its instruction)
    - And you have downgrade to 3.09, you can unlock bootloader again using the Unlock_code.bin you have

2. Yes, you needn't to downgrade to 3.09, I haven't tried many roms, but it works for me with this ROM: Port_Viper 1.6.3_ By Mr.Tam_V1: http://d-h.st/P5z (Mirror : http://upfile.vn/8U38
    )
    - You should install EXT recovery 1st (I assume you had it?)
    - Enter recovery install the dowloaded zip file as usual
    - You will stuck in boot load screen as our device is S-On which kernel can't install properly through recovery mode, so you need to manual install kernel through fastboot
    - Copy the boot.img or newboot.img file in the ROM zip file (it should be somewhere in the zip file of the rom)
    - Connect your phone with computer in Fast boot mode, using adb type this:fastboot flash boot boot.img (or newboot.img - depends on what you have in that ROM zip file)
    - Wait for it finish and reboot, you will have android 4.03 with sense 4.1 :)
    what file will we download sir?

-rom: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=331371&uk=2315729392

- kernel: inside the rom zip file (boot.img)

- gapps: google "jb gapps"

Sent from my HTC X515E using Tapatalk 2
    found some original roms:
    RUU_Rider_KT_KR_1.48.1010.6_Radio_10.63.9007.27_M
    http://hotfile.com/dl/145701424/97c...0.63.9007.27_M_release_220419_signed.exe.html

RUU_Rider_S_KT_KR_2.18.1010.8_Radio_11.62.3504.00U_11.17.3504.02_M
    http://hotfile.com/dl/145701700/15f...1.17.3504.02_M_release_235689_signed.exe.html

RUU_RIDER_ICS_35_S_KT_KR_3.09.1010.8_Radio_11.24.3504.18_M
    http://hotfile.com/dl/161493114/806...1.24.3504.18_M_release_262166_signed.exe.html