[TOOL] [PROJECT] XAppDbg, a new app development tool - open source project by Sony

Search This thread

pal.szasz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2012
Hi all app developers,
The new XAppDbg tool from Sony (eXtra Application Debugging tool) lets you try out different parameters in your app without the need to rebuild the code for every change. For example, this can be really useful when you fine tune the UI of your app.

Feel free to have a look at the open source project and contribute to make it even better!
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/XAppDbg

Get the full story on Developer World.

/Pál Szász
SW developer at Sony

DSA

May 15, 2011
This thread deserves more attention than it's getting

Great tool...Thanks for sharing it

clonednull

Mar 30, 2009
Vienna
dear pal, thanks for sharing such a wonderfull tool! :good:
you're freakin swot - and i like it! ;)
can't wait to try it out.
regards and greetings to the sony hive! :highfive:

trestevenson

Oct 21, 2010
Pal, you've possibly just swayed me to pickup an Xperia as my next device. I'm not even a developer, but this kind of support for the community makes me want to give you my money. Please keep up the great work!

Magissia

May 9, 2012
Nice move Sony, thanks you for all the devs that will use it.

It's weird to me to say thanks Sony, because Sony means DRM most of the time, it's a good step to share that way, thanks thanks thanks !

Regards

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
@pal.szasz, why don't give us XDA-Sony users things like easy root, tools for decompiling your apks which come with new issues every other FW release, those are things the majority of users here would like to see.

pal.szasz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2012
@pal.szasz, why don't give us XDA-Sony users things like easy root, tools for decompiling your apks which come with new issues every other FW release, those are things the majority of users here would like to see.

* easy root: giving root access is impossible for many reasons, legal reasons being one of them. However we do support unlocking the bootloader, which allows you to install custom roms which have easy root access
* tool for decompiling the APKs: http://developer.sonymobile.com/201...o-analyse-your-apks-now-released-open-source/

Reactions: deathviper

Top Liked Posts