Default calendar not syncing with my Gmail?

Search This thread

mideastbeast

Feb 14, 2008
Sacramento, CA.
The default calendar on my galaxy note 2 was not syncing correctly with my Gmail. I would go into settings, Google, and my Gmail and the calendar box was checked off. The little wheel was spinning and it would never stop spinning. I tried rebooting and I tried deleting the e-mail and adding it back on but no luck.

I went into the play store and downloaded Google calendar. This seems to have solved the problem since Google calendar syncs without a hitch but I was wondering if there is any way to get the default calendar to sync as well?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

AirBruce

Jun 18, 2012
I was wondering this as well. But in the end i just keep using the Google one.

Sent from my Bad@$$ Galaxy Note II using XDA-Developers App.

mattchooness

Jan 26, 2007
I keep getting a sync error as well. It has not synced since yesterday afternoon. I'm assuming it's an issue on Google's side as it did sync my calendar's at one point when I was setting up my phone.

I tried to use the Google Calendar App but so far I'm not liking it as well as the native Samsung calendar app. I like how the Samsung Calendar App has a small written description of the items that are on your calendar when you are viewing it by month.

I'm sure it will get sorted out on Google's end shortly. I hope.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

I think I figured the syncing issue out.

First I went to Accounts - Google and stopped syncing my Calendar with Google. I then went to Application Manager - All Applications. Under there I Cleared Data for Calendar, Calendar storage and Calendar widget. Now, I'm only interested in syncing data from my Google Calendar so I had nothing to loose by clearing the data; but if you had other calendar data that was not syncing with Google then I assume you will loose that data by pressing the Clear Data button. After that I went back to Accounts - Google and reenabled syncing and all is well.

Hope this helped you.

Last edited:
Reactions: cbarth3

guisar

Sep 11, 2010
Also the Samsung has a my calendar which doesn't correspond to anything in your Google calendar so won't synch. Finally the Samsung calendar doesn't offer any filtering so everything went to sync is also displayed unlike the Google Calendar.

TLDR; Samsung calendar is a piece of junk just root delete it and replace with googles

testerdennis

Feb 23, 2012
Hope this may help some people with this problem, When you add new event where it says Calendar make sure you choose your GMAIL Calendar not My Calendar.

Kayak83

Jul 23, 2010
Hope this may help some people with this problem, When you add new event where it says Calendar make sure you choose your GMAIL Calendar not My Calendar.

To add to this:

1) Go into the Calendar app and then hit "Calendars" on top. Uncheck the "my calendar" box then save by hitting "done."
2) Go back into Calendar and hit the "+" to add event. Switch it to the Gmail account instead of "my calendar" and add a test event.
3) Go to the test event and delete it (or leave it if you don't mind).
4) Go back to the calendar app and add an event. It should now default to google instead of the samsung one from here on out.

Note: You can switch the prior events created by the default samsung app by going into them and switching the calendar to the gmail account. I would do this prior to doing the above steps to avoid repeating them.

Hope this helps anyone who finds it!

stkong

Dec 5, 2011
wow, i have upgraded my HTC Sensation XE to the custom rom Vipers 3.0.1. my calendar is not working, not sync to google calendar. any one having same issue here?:confused:

i have tried to clear the cache, remove the account and add in account, does not see any improvement yet so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I keep getting a sync error as well. It has not synced since yesterday afternoon. I'm assuming it's an issue on Google's side as it did sync my calendar's at one point when I was setting up my phone.

I tried to use the Google Calendar App but so far I'm not liking it as well as the native Samsung calendar app. I like how the Samsung Calendar App has a small written description of the items that are on your calendar when you are viewing it by month.

I'm sure it will get sorted out on Google's end shortly. I hope.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

I think I figured the syncing issue out.

First I went to Accounts - Google and stopped syncing my Calendar with Google. I then went to Application Manager - All Applications. Under there I Cleared Data for Calendar, Calendar storage and Calendar widget. Now, I'm only interested in syncing data from my Google Calendar so I had nothing to loose by clearing the data; but if you had other calendar data that was not syncing with Google then I assume you will loose that data by pressing the Clear Data button. After that I went back to Accounts - Google and reenabled syncing and all is well.

Hope this helped you.