[Q] [HELP] Phone suddenly freeze and show weird screen

Search This thread

hellyeahdykk

May 13, 2011
Cikampek, West Java
Hi, I have been looking all over the internet and search the xda thread but I couldn't find anything related to my problem.

So this morning when I wake up, I turned on my phone and after I used it for awhile suddenly my phone stopped working (freeze/hang) and started to reboot itself. After it reboots my phone's screen as per attached below.

The problem lasted for a day and started to driving me nuts!

Anyone experienced same problem?
I am running KK4.4.2 fyki.

Thank you very much for your kind help!

Attachments

• IMG-20140108-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20140108-WA0003.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 853
Reactions: ZombiQc

hellyeahdykk

May 13, 2011
Cikampek, West Java
If you're stock, it could be hardware. Though have you ever attempted to root?

Is it just randomly happening?

Yes, it just randomly happening. It started yesterday morning until now..
The phone started to not responding at all and then my screen goes broken (same screen as broken TV I might say).

If I let it cool for 15-20 minutes the phone is usable, but then after 1 hour of normal usage the phone started to freeze again.

Just curious, none of you experienced the same?

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
this kinda looks like the static i was getting on screen on my n7 2012 when i let the battery get too low. charging it up and a few reboots fixed it. but im not sure if that's what is going on with yours

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
Yes, it just randomly happening. It started yesterday morning until now..
The phone started to not responding at all and then my screen goes broken (same screen as broken TV I might say).

If I let it cool for 15-20 minutes the phone is usable, but then after 1 hour of normal usage the phone started to freeze again.

Just curious, none of you experienced the same?

I just got mine, 32gb from the playstore, a few days ago, and nothing like that.

If it's happening when your device is hot | overheating, you may wana see if you get it replaced.

yoskor

Jun 10, 2011
It happened to me once. The phone was with his screen off and when I try to turn it on that exact same screen came. But it just happened once, also I experienced random poweroffs and reboots. I did a factory reset and power off issues and freeze stops, but had one reboot once I start installing my apps. I think its a software issue but I'm not sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ZombiQc

Dec 3, 2011
Quebec
I'm glad (and kinda of sad) to know that I'm not the only one with this issue.

The problem started about two weeks after I bought mine(Telus). It's done this about 5 or 6 times,randomly.
I found that having someone call me will "unfreeze" the device and the screen gets back to normal.

The first couple times it happened, I was running stock 4.4.2. I since rooted it and installed Xpposed/GravityBox and I'm still getting the problem...

I think that I'll have to return it...

yoskor

Jun 10, 2011
Idk if i need RMA the phone. Its a great phone and the reboot issues has stopped. What should i do?

Edited: Nevermind my phone have defective gpu. i will RMA it

Last edited:

gaune

Feb 18, 2014
Same problem

Idk if i need RMA the phone. Its a great phone and the reboot issues has stopped. What should i do?

Edited: Nevermind my phone have defective gpu. i will RMA it

Hi, I have the exact same problem, I posted a video on youtube /watch?v=m0EkC_ak01g but I got to the same conclusion that it might be a GPU issue. So there is nothing I can do right?, the worst thing is Im in Argentina and LG dont take my warranty because I bought it in Germany. So there is absolutely nothing I can do?, I know how to avoid the flickering a little bit, when I hit "Ok Google" button it seems responsive and as long as I touch the screen it works (you can see it in the video) but as soon as I stop touching it, after 2-3 seconds it becomes unresponsive again, and when I say unresponsive Im saying the screen doesnt reflect what Im doing, I can still push the buttons and all. So Im not 100% sure its a GPU issue, but a software too. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I have been looking all over the internet and search the xda thread but I couldn't find anything related to my problem.

So this morning when I wake up, I turned on my phone and after I used it for awhile suddenly my phone stopped working (freeze/hang) and started to reboot itself. After it reboots my phone's screen as per attached below.

The problem lasted for a day and started to driving me nuts!

Anyone experienced same problem?
    I am running KK4.4.2 fyki.

Thank you very much for your kind help!