Why ics .13 does not install?

Search This thread

thelast3lack

Oct 18, 2009
Tehran
Hi
My phone is unlocked bootloader.
I had ultra kitkat rom on my lt18i. I wanted to install ics .13 (by jader) on my phone, so I installed lupus v16 kernel, but after all wipes, when I tried installing zip file it just went back to main menu in recovery. I tried this with both cwm and twrp, and both had same issue.
Now I just installed MIUI ics rom, and it installed with no issue.
What could be possibly wrong? I couldn't think of anything.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
Flash stock ICS (any firmware), then flash LuPuS kernel and 4.1.B.1.13 firmware via recovery.

KitKat changes the partition sizes, flashing .13 does not change it back. You have to use Flashtool or EMMA to fully restore phone to stock settings and to stock partition sizes. Bootloop is probably caused by lack of space for certain system files.

Reactions: thelast3lack

thelast3lack

Oct 18, 2009
Tehran
But why does MIUI ICS work? And doesn't flashing kernel change partition sizes also?

Last edited:

thelast3lack

Oct 18, 2009
Tehran
Here is how it worked:
Flashed .587 ftf with flashtools
Flashed .13 using CWM with lupus kernel, strangely TWRP couldn't flash it
Thanks for help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash stock ICS (any firmware), then flash LuPuS kernel and 4.1.B.1.13 firmware via recovery.

KitKat changes the partition sizes, flashing .13 does not change it back. You have to use Flashtool or EMMA to fully restore phone to stock settings and to stock partition sizes. Bootloop is probably caused by lack of space for certain system files.
    But why does MIUI ICS works? And doesn't flashing kernel change partition sizes also?

MIUI might not use as much space as stock ICS does, thereby being able to boot fine.
    Just kernel flashing does not affect partitions.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is what makes sense to me.