[Q] greek keyboard change

Search This thread

thomasmeredas

May 1, 2014
Arta
I have both Greek and English selected on my Note 3 but I can't switch between the two at all. Swiping the spacebar does nothing and there's no globe button. The only way I can use the Greek keyboard is if Greek is the only input language selected. Then to switch back to English, I'll have to uncheck Greek and check English again. If both are selected, only English is shown on my keyboard..... I can't find a way to switch between them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

peterme58

Apr 16, 2008
Athens
I had the same situation and the reason was the greenify when you enable it says something about notification settings change and then the space bar switch between the two language dissappear! If you remove the greenify and reboot then everything is OK. I hope I helped you....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thomasmeredas

May 1, 2014
Arta
I had the same situation and the reason was the greenify when you enable it says something about notification settings change and then the space bar switch between the two language dissappear! If you remove the greenify and reboot then everything is OK. I hope I helped you....

Thank you for the help but my note 3 is no rooted and i dont have greenify so...the problem stays on
Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you for your help my frien but my phone is no rooted so i dont have greenify and the problem with keyboard stays on... and again thank you for your time

gianton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2009
Thessaloniki
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Xiaomi Mi 9
I have both Greek and English selected on my Note 3 but I can't switch between the two at all. Swiping the spacebar does nothing and there's no globe button. The only way I can use the Greek keyboard is if Greek is the only input language selected. Then to switch back to English, I'll have to uncheck Greek and check English again. If both are selected, only English is shown on my keyboard..... I can't find a way to switch between them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Can you post a screenshot of the keyboard and your keyboard settings?

thomasmeredas

May 1, 2014
Arta

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-02-13-57-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-02-13-57-02.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_2014-05-02-13-56-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-02-13-56-09.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_2014-05-02-13-57-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-02-13-57-11.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_2014-05-02-13-57-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-02-13-57-17.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_2014-05-02-14-03-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-02-14-03-32.png
    234.8 KB · Views: 56

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

What firmware are you on? Are you rooted?

Here is how the Samsung keyboard looks for me inside the Samsung SMS app on firmware MJ7 (4.3) + the hack to enable extended symbols. In the Samsung keyboard there seems to no longer be an option to switch languages when you swipe over space (and I also use swiping as input method) but you can see a small button in the bottom-left (just to the right of the SYM key) and when you short-press on that I switch languages. The "swipe over space" option is still present in other keyboards and might be even a hidden option for the Samsung keyboard (but you might need root).

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 150

thomasmeredas

May 1, 2014
Arta
What firmware are you on? Are you rooted?

Here is how the Samsung keyboard looks for me inside the Samsung SMS app on firmware MJ7 (4.3) + the hack to enable extended symbols. In the Samsung keyboard there seems to no longer be an option to switch languages when you swipe over space (and I also use swiping as input method) but you can see a small button in the bottom-left (just to the right of the SYM key) and when you short-press on that I switch languages. The "swipe over space" option is still present in other keyboards and might be even a hidden option for the Samsung keyboard (but you might need root).

The thing is that I don't want to root my phone because I don't want to lose my warranty......also have the latest kitkat

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
The thing is that I don't want to root my phone because I don't want to lose my warranty......also have the latest kitkat

The only other idea that I have is to long-press on space. And eventually on the button that is two places left from space - after a long-press you might get to see a list and the button like a globe is the one that switches between languages.

Also check what other version you have on English and Greek after the > sign in settings - that part is not present in my firmware so extra settings might be there.

Also the language availability might depend on the app itself - so also do a test in the Samsung default SMS app.

thomasmeredas

May 1, 2014
Arta
The only other idea that I have is to long-press on space. And eventually on the button that is two places left from space - after a long-press you might get to see a list and the button like a globe is the one that switches between languages.

Also check what other version you have on English and Greek after the > sign in settings - that part is not present in my firmware so extra settings might be there.

Also the language availability might depend on the app itself - so also do a test in the Samsung default SMS app.

Again nothin...... damn it that latest kitkat update

makakikou

Dec 3, 2009
I have the same problem on S5 N900H

Again nothin...... damn it that latest kitkat update

After some updates (I don't know which update excatly ) I can't switch between languages by swipping space bar .
I did full wipe ... it's ok for one day but after some updates again the problem is here and no arrows on the space bar...

chg1282002

Apr 22, 2007
mine is ok ,I can switch between languages by swipping space bar.........go to SETTINGS - ACCESSIBILITY- look at the SERVICES - my talk back is OFF.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-04-21-36-57.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-04-21-36-57.png
    167.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_2014-05-04-21-37-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-04-21-37-03.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited: