[MOD] Lower Brightness Display

Search This thread

dix93

Sep 19, 2012
Hi!
I'm looking for an application that can lower the voltage of the display.

I do not try to make an application filter for the screen. I need a real decrease in brightness.

Is there a solution?

Oxious119

Apr 18, 2013
Well, gravitybox xposed module allows adjusting the screens brightness settings.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Connor Baker

May 9, 2012
I'm not sure if it's possible as of now to edit the actual voltages of the display, but I was able to achieve an extremely dark display (barely visible in pitch black room) by doing this:

Installing AK kernel, then installing synapse. Going to the tab labeled gamma, and ticking a box to set the LCD backlight to be raised exponentially.

I would highly recommend trying this. It should only take a moment.

Connor Baker

Reactions: dix93

dix93

Sep 19, 2012
I already use the kernel AK.
I installed the application synaps, but I did not find any Tab gamma nor screen...

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Connor Baker

May 9, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-14-20-51-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-14-20-51-37.png
    198.7 KB · Views: 74

dix93

Sep 19, 2012
I reinstalled the application and found the Tab gamma...!
Fantastic, this is the great solution!
Thank you!

dix93

Sep 19, 2012
Damn, with this solution, I realized that I have problems with automatic brightness adjustment. This is always the minimum value .. Is it possible to somehow set the brightness levels right?

Connor Baker

May 9, 2012
Damn, with this solution, I realized that I have problems with automatic brightness adjustment. This is always the minimum value .. Is it possible to somehow set the brightness levels right?

I believe that CM may allow you to set the levels for automatic brightness, but I'm not sure.

Connor Baker

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure if it's possible as of now to edit the actual voltages of the display, but I was able to achieve an extremely dark display (barely visible in pitch black room) by doing this:

Installing AK kernel, then installing synapse. Going to the tab labeled gamma, and ticking a box to set the LCD backlight to be raised exponentially.

I would highly recommend trying this. It should only take a moment.

Connor Baker
    I already use the kernel AK.
    I installed the application synaps, but I did not find any Tab gamma nor screen...

Connor Baker

I believe that CM may allow you to set the levels for automatic brightness, but I'm not sure.

Connor Baker