[Q] Strange purple tiger stripe pattern in camera

Search This thread

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
I just recently notices this weird purple pattern on my camera in low to moderate light. It just started to happen today... Any ideas?

Well that's a problem that nearly everyone has.. could you please take a picture with the pattern and upload it?

A temporary fix for this is changing your ISO to different settings, but that doesn't always work (didn't work for me, for instance).

The best solution is getting HTC or Sprint to fix your camera/replace your phone as it's a hardware issue apparently, although it seems like it would be a software issue.

numus

Jan 8, 2008
Well that's a problem that nearly everyone has.. could you please take a picture with the pattern and upload it?

A temporary fix for this is changing your ISO to different settings, but that doesn't always work (didn't work for me, for instance).

The best solution is getting HTC or Sprint to fix your camera/replace your phone as it's a hardware issue apparently, although it seems like it would be a software issue.

HTC told me my phone is now "out of warranty" (it may have turned 1 year this month, but I even doubt that)... So even tho they acknowledge it is a defective issue, I have to pay to fix it. Guess they lost another customer to Samsung or LG

prezmater

Jul 11, 2010
Chalmers, IN
HTC told me my phone is now "out of warranty" (it may have turned 1 year this month, but I even doubt that)... So even tho they acknowledge it is a defective issue, I have to pay to fix it. Guess they lost another customer to Samsung or LG
None of the other phone manufacturers are going to fix your phone for free out of warranty. I know you're salty now, but know that switching does no good for your problem in particular.
Enjoy Samsuck. LG make decent phones but they lack in build quality.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

numus

Jan 8, 2008
None of the other phone manufacturers are going to fix your phone for free out of warranty. I know you're salty now, but know that switching does no good for your problem in particular.
Enjoy Samsuck. LG make decent phones but they lack in build quality.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

HTC has made one lackluster device after another since the original EVO. The HTC One M7 wasn't exactly an amazing device (had a lot of short comings... specifically the camera) and the M8 is just a rehash of the M7... atleast with the S 5 you can install QI with a simple chip under the back cover.

evrdrandosity

Jun 23, 2010
I just recently notices this weird purple pattern on my camera in low to moderate light. It just started to happen today... Any ideas?

yeah, you'll have to call HTC and make a claim. you'll have to pay for shipping and handling, but in a week or so, you will be sent a new device with the new camera hardware installed. I did this less than a month ago, and yes, you must still be under warranty.

Top Liked Posts