rogue advertrising app posting to status bar

Search This thread

rp201

Dec 18, 2010
I have some app making post to my status bar. not sure what it is. Is there a log file I can view on the status bar or a way to enable logging for it. I also had a request for root from "unknown" that I denied.Anyway to tracelog that request? not sure if the two are from same source but both issues happened within 24 hours. I have received 7 ads to my status bar referring me to specials and deals on internet. thanks.

update: I installed log viewer (log cat) from market and cant find anything related in status bar logs. It all started when I but blur.res.2.3.3 into "freeze" with titanium and my log files were through the roof of requests to it. since it's no longer their perhaps an app is using a direct method? forgive me for being a newbie on this topic.

Last edited:

85gallon

I have some app making post to my status bar. not sure what it is. Is there a log file I can view on the status bar or a way to enable logging for it. I also had a request for root from "unknown" that I denied.Anyway to tracelog that request? not sure if the two are from same source but both issues happened within 24 hours. I have received 7 ads to my status bar referring me to specials and deals on internet. thanks.
Download airpush detector from the market. It will identify the offending spammer app.
As for the request for root, I don't know.

Reactions: MrWall and rp201

rp201

Dec 18, 2010
that app suggested I install "addons detector" in market instead. My son loaded "temple run" on my phone. I'm gonna load his bed up with the dirty dishes he left on the table this morning. lol thanks for the help.

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
that app suggested I install "addons detector" in market instead. My son loaded "temple run" on my phone. I'm gonna load his bed up with the dirty dishes he left on the table this morning. lol thanks for the help.

There is no Temple Run for Android yet, so that's definitely what was causing the issue. XD

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrWall

rp201

Dec 18, 2010
it was a "coming soon" install this to be notified app from the android market. even had a link in the spam to stop the spamming. of course like a cow led to slaugher I clicked on it and it didn't work. not sure of it was intended that way or just my queue to get him his own phone to blow up. (or disintegrate slowly as they do)

User_5573

Jan 15, 2011
Ad Push detection

Lookout has a good app that is specifically designed to detect ad networks and show ones that push ads to the notification bar. On my computer we call this type of thing "ad-ware." Anyway, I have found this app to be extremely effective at detecting multiple types of advertisement besides push ads.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download airpush detector from the market. It will identify the offending spammer app.
    As for the request for root, I don't know.

There is no Temple Run for Android yet, so that's definitely what was causing the issue. XD

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk