[Updated 05-Oct-2008] CRCs Release 14.1 Development Thread - Build 20755

Search This thread

iharkins

Jun 3, 2007
I haven't been able to track down the cause of this problem - however the CAB file available via DU installs the games to \Program Files\Games - which works around the issue. I believe that the solitare.exe in \Windows comes from a binary blob in the file system - and I'm not sure how to remove it.

If anyone is more knowledgeable than me in this one, I'd love to hear from you! :)

I've just tried the games again and it still doesn't work (same error code). I don't have a \Program Files\Games folder so there shouldn't be any problem there. Never mind, I can live without the games so no great loss.

tj924

Mar 2, 2007
Toowoomba, Qld
I've added the version of HTC Home that Zocster has sent me and removed PDA Corners version. If you have PDA Corners version installed, please remove it and install the HTC Home version available via Device Update. This should now work correctly with HTC Home Customiser.

Uninstalled Schen's HTC Home, HHC & N2A's custom weather patch that I'd installed manually. Reinstalled HTC Home & HHC from DU & reinstalled the N2A patch manually (so I can set the HTC Home weather to my local city which is not in the standard list). Restored HTC Home settings previously backed up by HHC & confirmed everything is working perfectly...:)

Thanks CRCinAU

bolog123

May 25, 2008
I've added the version of HTC Home that Zocster has sent me and removed PDA Corners version. If you have PDA Corners version installed, please remove it and install the HTC Home version available via Device Update. This should now work correctly with HTC Home Customiser.

Thanks.

Hi CRC,

Can you please post the other HTC Home cab? I updated to the newer one but I like the default icons and clock in the PDA Corner one & can't find the exact ones anywhere to use with the customiser.

Thanks.

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
I've just posted a newer version of DeviceUpdate on Device Update :)

Version 1.4 will group all available updates in the "Available Updates" group instead of just adding them back to the list. This makes it easier to see what's been updated vs what you have installed.

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
Release 12.10 (almost) available.

Release 12.10 is currently syncing to the mirrors worldwide.

Changes:
Release 12.10 (22 Aug 2008):
* Tweaked file cache, glyph cache etc for hopefully a bit more performance.
* Fixed Device Update showing cooked in addons in the list of downloads on normal build.
* Updated Device Update to v1.4 (more error trapping etc)

Enjoy :)

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
Hey CRC,

Got to bring something to your attention. I recently installed 12.09 (damn, you released 12.10 just now?) and its amazing, really a feat how its so responsive and stuff... but after installing a certain software using your download manager or perhaps using a back up, my phone started playing up...

sms's wernt getting delivered (even though it was shown as sent) and when I made calls, the person receiving it couldnt hear me, and when they called me I couldnt hear them... I thought it was the radio, so I upgraded from 1.47.30.10 to 1.54.30.10 and again, the same issues... it wasn't until i hard reset and didn't install any software using your Download tool that it started working properly again... might be something that needs to be looked into?

I'm with Optus as you might already know from our PM ;)

Hmm it all depends on how you upgraded, it is advised to use the shipped rom to flash a 'radio' and how you flashed, then the cooked rom. I didn't have any issues with upgrading to 12.9 and am not going 12.10 as I am resting my rom testing for now. I take it you have a jasjam, there is a shipped ROM for jasjam with 1.54.30.10 radio if that's what you like.

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
nope, I have a Hermes... HTC TyTN (Dopod 838pro)... I flashed to 12.10 just now... one thing i would like to bring up is the sound in the startup, with the blue vista like orb... it didn't make a sound anymore back when it was screwing up, perhaps a symptom?..

Hmm not sure, the animated screen can be stopped by schaps advance config installed from DU i believe. Just saying if you are upgrading for keeps, you should really follow this instruction.

veyka

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2007
Norfolk
www.veyka.co.uk
Thanks CRC, for keep advancing Your ROM, download it now :)

By the way, i want to ask, what's exactly meaning of "naked", is it just without Ext ROM, or also compressed? What's the difference with "normal" one?

As it is a BS rom, it has no extended rom, and naked means that its as lite as it can be, no extra apps, and as much of windows taken out as you can!

on a side note, are you ever thinking of cooking a rom with only a 2G dialer? As I have found they lag less :p

DaArtist401

Oct 5, 2007
Not to be stupid or anything. But isn't this technically Release 13. I mean, 12.10 doesn't make sense since u already have a 12.1, which by the rules of decimals, means the same thing as 12.10. Lol, so this should be considered release 13. If not then it'd be like your going backwards, hehe. Anywho, nice looking rom anyways, always look forward to what you and pdacorner create. Its because people like you that the Hermes is still alive. :)

Last edited:

veyka

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2007
Norfolk
www.veyka.co.uk
Not to be stupid or anything. But isn't this technically Release 13. I mean, 12.10 doesn't make sense since u already have a 12.1, which by the rules of decimals, means the same thing as 12.10. Lol, so this should be considered release 13. If not then it'd be like your going backwards, hehe. Anywho, nice looking rom anyways, always look forward to what you and pdacorner create. Its because people like you that the Hermes is still alive. :)

Release 13 would be a stable release, according to his numbering system.