is magnetic cover for note 5100 is safe to use?

Search This thread

rabichowdhary

Jan 23, 2014
kolkata
Is safe to use magnetic book cover for note 5100 .......is their will be battery issue with long term use?
I have attache book cover pic

Attachments

• 14022014014-1.jpg
    14022014014-1.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 1,060
  • 14022014019.jpg
    14022014019.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 1,050
  • 14022014016.jpg
    14022014016.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 1,050

ddaypunk06

Feb 9, 2011
Chicago, IL
Is safe to use magnetic book cover for note 5100 .......is their will be battery issue with long term use?

To be quite honest, I just bought my note 8 used on ebay and got it literally yesterday. However, I have been reading a lot of reviews. I haven't heard of the battery being affected by them (apple uses similar covers with magnets), but I have heard of the magnets messing with the wacom tech the s-pen uses.

intelliriffer

Sep 7, 2012
New Delhi
I have been using similar cover(white) since june.
only thing I did was take out the magnets from behind so that they don't interfere with s-pen.
The magnets are just not powerful enough to cause issues with battery(Li-ion/poly) if that all is your primary concern.

In Case if you want to take the magnets out,
just take tablet out, then use a small coin and put it on the tablet and coin should pretty much stick to where the magnets are. once you have nailed the location (small disc magnets), just use a cutter blade to slice the back paper/fabric s bit and you should be able to take out those discs.
put the tablet back in and should be good to go.

Do note that the side flap will stop working once you take magnets out.

Reactions: Dan330

rabichowdhary

Jan 23, 2014
kolkata
thnks for rply

only thing I did was take out the magnets from behind so that they don't interfere with s-pen.
The magnets are just not powerful enough to cause issues with battery(Li-ion/poly) if that all is your primary concern.

just take tablet out, then use a small coin and put it on the tablet and coin should pretty much stick to where the magnets are. once you have nailed the location (small disc magnets), just use a cutter blade to slice the back paper/fabric s bit and you should be able to take out those discs.

thanks for the helpfull reply buddy

Nackler

Nov 4, 2011
I had my Note 8 in a magnetic case for six months with no problems of any kind. I checked it periodically to be safe, and even with a broken screen, the S-pen still works perfectly.

TC93

Mar 2, 2011
I think it depends on the case design and maybe how strong the magnet is. I tried a case I bought on Amazon that had the flap or buckle type design and it immediately caused problems writing on the screen. I scribbled the pen back and forth.

I'll try to attach a photo of it where you can clearly see the magnet distortion it left on the screen where the pen could not write. It went away after I removed the case.

I scribbled on the left side also because a magnet was there also that turned the tablet on and off, but that magnet caused no problem.

ytasu3yp.jpg

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan330

rabichowdhary

Jan 23, 2014
kolkata
thnks for sharing

I think it depends on the case design and maybe how strong the magnet is. I tried a case I bought on Amazon that had the flap or buckle type design and it immediately caused problems writing on the screen. I scribbled the pen back and forth.

I'll try to attach a photo of it where you can clearly see the magnet distortion it left on the screen where the pen could not write. It went away after I removed the case.

I scribbled on the left side also because a magnet was there also that turned the tablet on and off, but that magnet caused no problem.

ytasu3yp.jpg

thanks for sharing -.-. - -. by the way what note taking App you are using ?

TC93

Mar 2, 2011

Dan330

Apr 16, 2008
just got my Note 8 last week.

got a case from amazon... Poetic flip case.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BQ2Y71E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
it has a on/off feature.
it uses a clasp to hold closed... not magnet.

I have heard a little about the magnet and issues with some digitizers.
it don't seem to affect it. how else can I tell when it causes problems?
will it be permanent?

how many magnets are on the case?
I thought there was only 1.. to do the on/off feature

DarkGuyver

Mar 12, 2011
Newport City
I'm guessing it's safe to use cases with magnetic covers as the majority of the probably use very low power magnets, which won't cause any interferance with your device.

jov11n

Jun 21, 2007
Prestons
Hi all,

Been using the official Flip Case with my Note 8.0 LTE and no battery issues at all.

I did notice that if the front cover is misaligned by even 1/2 a centimeter, it does activate the device, so make sure when you close it its not askew, even slightly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ytasu3yp.jpg