[Q] USB 3.0 Issues...

Search This thread
Jul 17, 2012
ok i seem to be the only person having this problem, im not sure if its my computer (i have never used the usb 3.0 on it before), the phone or the cable (brand new).
When i connect my phone via the usb 3.0 i get a notification message popup on my computer tell me that the device can perform faster if plugged into a super speed usb 3.0 port.
Problem is i have tried all of the usb 3.0 ports and still the same message, i checked in device manager and it says it is plugged into a usb 2.0 port which it isn't and its only charging at 98ma.

How do i get the usb 3.0 to work?

VfBStuttgart27

Dec 16, 2012
Munich
ok i seem to be the only person having this problem, im not sure if its my computer (i have never used the usb 3.0 on it before), the phone or the cable (brand new).
When i connect my phone via the usb 3.0 i get a notification message popup on my computer tell me that the device can perform faster if plugged into a super speed usb 3.0 port.
Problem is i have tried all of the usb 3.0 ports and still the same message, i checked in device manager and it says it is plugged into a usb 2.0 port which it isn't and its only charging at 98ma.

How do i get the usb 3.0 to work?

Screenshot_2014-05-15-23-02-29.png

Have you done this?

Jul 17, 2012
Yeah it only shows the top two options on mine the usb 3.0 one doesn't appear.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Jul 17, 2012
No one have any help with this? I have been trying to solve it for about a month now, I could try a different cable maybe a genuine samsung one but I cannot find them anywhere.

knexkid

May 8, 2014
I've done some testing on the speed differences between file transfers on USB 2 and 3 and the difference seemed really minimal (yes, I had the correct options set on the phone). Has anyone else compared speeds?

Jul 17, 2012
Yes I know about the speeds, but please if you could refrain from taking this off topic as I really need help with this issue.

zic1

Nov 9, 2011
It's a status bar notification :)

Hmm, when I connect phone with USB 3.0 cable (tested) in my USB 3.0 port on PC nothing apeared in notification bar except info about charging current (450mA) from Galaxy Chargin Current!! Strange....

EDIT: I changed port on PC and notification finally showed, thanks for help!

Cheers

Last edited:

NiceJumper

Feb 3, 2010
Can you give further details on what you had to do to resolve. I am experiencing this issue and I have tried.....EVERYTHING!!!

I have a Windows 8.1 machine 64-bit, and have USB3 plugged from the motherboard. I have a USB3 pen drive which operates at superspeed without issue (so I know the USB hub, etc is in good shape). I also have a USB 3 card which is a PCI express and have tried connecting this to a Windows 7 64-bit machine and I receive the same results. I have 2 cables and both give the same result. So I am stuck.

On both machines it reports that the device can operate quicker which would suggest Windows knows that this is a USB 3 device. Any ideas how to obtain the USB 3 option on the phone?

Top Liked Posts