T-Mobile question to US NA!

Search This thread

bounddyy

Oct 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
Hey guys and gals, had some questions for all you T-Mobile people. Is your T-Mobile service very choppy? In other terms is it unresponsive for no reason randomly?

Now I live in central California and I've been with T-Mobile since Christmas, I get very unresponsive service at times. My phone sometimes downloads files at 4 MB/s but sometimes it'll become so unresponsive google.com wont even load. Am I the only one who gets this? My phone has tried out almost every ROM for the past 2 months, from TW to AOSP. Right now im running Darkstalkers new V7 the ROM is flawless but i still get the same unresponsiveness. Also is TW lying about signal bars? On a AOSP ill get H+ at some places where i normally get LTE. Oh and i do use the unlimited data quiet often, my note 3 lasts all day and my phone doesnt even know the password to my home wifi (meaning i never use wifi). My house has all LTE bars with TW but with AOSP i get 3 out of 4. Is T-Mobile throttling my data? I use 25~40 GB monthly, i used 8 already in 3 days. :confused:

atlzonly89

Dec 24, 2013
Atlanta GA
Hey guys and gals, had some questions for all you T-Mobile people. Is your T-Mobile service very choppy? In other terms is it unresponsive for no reason randomly?

Now I live in central California and I've been with T-Mobile since Christmas, I get very unresponsive service at times. My phone sometimes downloads files at 4 MB/s but sometimes it'll become so unresponsive google.com wont even load. Am I the only one who gets this? My phone has tried out almost every ROM for the past 2 months, from TW to AOSP. Right now im running Darkstalkers new V7 the ROM is flawless but i still get the same unresponsiveness. Also is TW lying about signal bars? On a AOSP ill get H+ at some places where i normally get LTE. Oh and i do use the unlimited data quiet often, my note 3 lasts all day and my phone doesnt even know the password to my home wifi (meaning i never use wifi). My house has all LTE bars with TW but with AOSP i get 3 out of 4. Is T-Mobile throttling my data? I use 25~40 GB monthly, i used 8 already in 3 days. :confused:

Not sure if you have the old data plan or new, but i have the old $20 for unlimited, and never had my data throttled. you might have the throttled plan,check that and see if that's it! you might have to upgrade to the nf1 firmware by using Samsung KIES...see if that works as well. if it doesn't, it might as well has to do with your t mobile account. hope that helps!

bounddyy

Oct 3, 2013
This has been happening since I started with T-Mobile and I got the $70 plan that was unlimited and still says unlimited. Its not throttling because it would still be slow speeds but its high speeds when it works, yet its juts very unresponsive but too much at points I can't even use data.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

richeazy

May 5, 2012

I have that problem with touchwiz only. On aosp I have really good speeds. Someone told me its a problem with 4.4.2. Try will03 slimkat it's 4.4.4 and my data speeds are great. Also yes touch wiz does boost their signal bars

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
I have that problem with touchwiz only. On aosp I have really good speeds. Someone told me its a problem with 4.4.2. Try will03 slimkat it's 4.4.4 and my data speeds are great. Also yes touch wiz does boost their signal bars

I think it's the stock T-Mobile ROMthat cause the problem, doesn't matter if its 4.3 or 4.4.2.

I have stock 4.3, rooted with Kingosoft (KNOX NOT tripped) and have inconsistent connection. There are many situation where I have full bar, 4G LTE icon is shown and... No data connection whatsoever.

bounddyy

Oct 3, 2013

I think it's the stock T-Mobile ROMthat cause the problem, doesn't matter if its 4.3 or 4.4.2.

I have stock 4.3, rooted with Kingosoft (KNOX NOT tripped) and have inconsistent connection. There are many situation where I have full bar, 4G LTE icon is shown and... No data connection whatsoever.

Thanks I'll try slim.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk