Does the defy even require a case?

Search This thread
anyone came across a sleek/slim case for the phone ? The ones i found are quite bulky
I ordered this one. Can't comment on its quality, though, since it hasn't been delivered yet. Additional info might follow when it arrives here.

EDIT: the case has just arrived. It took a while to be delivered, but the brazilian customs were, most probably, to blame here. Anyway, the case is fine, just as stated in its description on eBay. If it will endure, time alone will tell. It is very easy to insert/ remove the Defy in/from the case, since it doesn't seem to be tailored specificly to the Defy, because there seems to be more room for wider phones there.

Just my 2 cents...

Regards,
Carlos

Last edited:

hahahari

Aug 7, 2010
I would say just use a Screen protector just incase u place it face down. Other than that I dont think this needs a case. It looks so solid and rugged without the case. Dont spoil the looks dude

I'm pretty sure I'm using the same one as well. The phone felt much more secure in my hands once I got it :)

The pattern on the back of mine isn't nearly as visible as that though. I can only really see it if I'm looking from the "inside" of the case (i.e. when the phone is out of it)

i have this one and IMO is one of the best "rubber"-made (not sure if its plastic or rubber) cases for defy

viper.

Feb 10, 2010
USA
LG V30
Sony Xperia 5 IV
Reactions: LetoKynes

s247

Jun 29, 2010
A slick looking phone that is strong on its own, but im likely going to get a case in the coming weeks to protect my investment. Will post my choice plus pics when it arrives.

LetoKynes

Dec 1, 2010
My S-Line case (black) arrived today, first impressions compared to my old TPU case:-

1. Looks alot more stylish, especially on the back.
2. The cover bit on the volume rockers are raised separately for volume up/down (instead of one large raised bit), which is great.
3. There is a cover on the power switch, so you don't have to 'dig under' the cover.
4. There is no redundant opening on the back for the switch to unlock the phone's back cover (the old gel case I had, had this opening so that the switch was accessible.. but it was pointless because it was impossible to remove the phone's back cover without actually removing the gel cover as well)

Will post more with anything else to note if I discover anything!

Andrew-droid

Apr 2, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
I recommend the TPU ones from ebay with a red thing on the back, which you can remove. Of all the ebay ones i bought it fits best and is easy to get in/out of my pocket, doesn't get lint either. Great.

Am waiting for the otterbox one to arrive.... Its taking some time.

It's not that it won't break, it might not break entirely but something inside might get loosened up and I don't want it to get scratches either. Feels safer and more relaxed with a case :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=390301592573&si=IUOXLJeSKxw3lTOZ%252BigTYUNrc%252Bs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Cheers,
Andrew

Last edited:

xel666

Feb 14, 2011
Kraków
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I'll be another one to recommend the OtterBox - it's AWESOME! Some say that it makes the defy too bulky? No, I say that the defy without the otterbox is small and 'girly' and with otterbox looks cool, tactital, etc :D

Andrew-droid

Apr 2, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
hey guys,

This is the TPU case I was talking about:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=390301592573&si=IUOXLJeSKxw3lTOZ%252BigTYUNrc%252Bs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I think it's great. Didn't post before because I didn't have the link on defy XDA app ;)

EDIT: there is a red thing on it's back but you can rip it off, it's glued. It's barelly perceivable after you rip it off, the place where it was. It's very aesthetic the case, even with the red thing out of it. And it's really cheap too, I think I paid like 2.50 USD.

Cheers,
Andrew

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts