Any chance for a sense 6 port?

Search This thread

sin-cal

Aug 16, 2008
Porterville, CA
As the title says, any chance for a sense 6 port to our beloved G2? I just read the nexus 5. Has a port in alpha stage. Here's to a longshot.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ind3lible

barleysoda

Jul 1, 2010
NorCal
We only got 3 dev's and two of 'em are in jail so I say chances are 1 in 1,000,000.

...so yes I'm saying you gotta a chance.

seriously though it is very obvious that we have a severe shortage of dev's working on the Sprint G2. The ones we do have are top notch but they are extremely busy just trying to get ZVC roms built. This phone will drive a dev bat crap crazy with all its security hold ups.

On the phones I had in the past there was always at least ten different dev's or dev teams releasing roms based on stock and of then course countless aosp stuff going on and then there were always the one or two mad scientist devs that always wanted to stand out from the crowd and these guys would bring in all the crazy ports.

Of course a few years ago each carrier only had one or two phones anyone would really want to bother with. Now look at things, there are at least 4 main stream Android phones at Sprint alone if not more and its diluting the dev pool. Sure most of the ones I use to follow went to the HTC One but then a lot of them also went to the S4 or note. Then some went to Nexus and on and on. 3 years ago they were ALL on the EVO OG and you bet if it could be ported it was ported to that phone. Oooohhh those were the days... but I digress.

The sad truth is the only way this phone will see more dev's is if current owners learn to dev for it. Any veteran dev would already be deving this phone if they were ever going to.

Reactions: twist and Ind3lible

sin-cal

Aug 16, 2008
Porterville, CA
Yeah, silly me keeps picking phones that don't get support. My wanting to carry a different handset than what most have segregates me. Heh. Oh well. Glad we have what we have. To be honest these days this phone in stock form does most all i want.

Reactions: Ind3lible

barleysoda

Jul 1, 2010
NorCal
Yeah, silly me keeps picking phones that don't get support. My wanting to carry a different handset than what most have segregates me. Heh. Oh well. Glad we have what we have. To be honest these days this phone in stock form does most all i want.

The blinkfeed zip made for nexus 5 works on the g2. I am running it now. Its a bit buggy and i cant get some of the widgets to work. Its seems to be a mix of sense and lg home. http://nexus5.wonderhowto.com/how-to...xus-5-0154211/

Its WIP so facebook not working yet in blinkfeed

check this link out for newer versions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696399

Last edited:

agentfusion

Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
wr3tch.com
OnePlus 9
We only got 3 dev's and two of 'em are in jail so I say chances are 1 in 1,000,000.

seriously though it is very obvious that we have a severe shortage of dev's working on the Sprint G2. The ones we do have are top notch but they are extremely busy just trying to get ZVC roms built. This phone will drive a dev bat crap crazy with all its security hold ups.

On the phones I had in the past there was always at least ten different dev's or dev teams releasing roms based on stock and of then course countless aosp stuff going on and then there were always the one or two mad scientist devs that always wanted to stand out from the crowd and these guys would bring in all the crazy ports.

Of course a few years ago each carrier only had one or two phones anyone would really want to bother with. Now look at things, there are at least 4 main stream Android phones at Sprint alone if not more and its diluting the dev pool. Sure most of the ones I use to follow went to the HTC One but then a lot of them also went to the S4 or note. Then some went to Nexus and on and on. 3 years ago they were ALL on the EVO OG and you bet if it could be ported it was ported to that phone. Oooohhh those were the days... but I digress.

The sad truth is the only way this phone will see more dev's is if current owners learn to dev for it. Any veteran dev would already be deving this phone if they were ever going to.

I'd be more than happy to develop for the LS980, if it weren't so farking easy to manage an unrecoverable brick. I bought it because my expectations were that of someone who thought they were getting a nexus 5 with a better battery and display since they're made by the same manufacturer and share the same internals. Had I known that they were going to lock out one of the most basic dev features, indeed even a part of the official software development kit (fastboot) then I'd deal with crappy battery life and gotten a nexus 5. I tend to stay away from nexus phones because they're developer phones...sounds backwards, I know...developer avoids a dev phone? But, let's face it, dev phones lack the real kick and features of actual consumer phones, so I try to pick a phone that walks the line between being easy to develop on while still making an excellent PHONE.

Excellent phone, LG nailed. However, they really screwed the pooch on developer functions. That's why there are so few devs. A lot of them moved on to the m8 or got a real n5 once they realized what they had gotten themselves into. So, yeah...The ones that stick it out have my undying respect because they're effing SAINTS. I don't have the patience for the brick cycle myself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As the title says, any chance for a sense 6 port to our beloved G2? I just read the nexus 5. Has a port in alpha stage. Here's to a longshot.