Viper4Audio not working in ROM

Search This thread

ModtoDeath

Jul 14, 2014
I installed a ROM which came with Viper. I installed the driver as battery saver and high performance. I installed it as a user app and a system app. It still does not function at all. I tried compatibility mode and normal as well.
How do I get it to work?

pulleegar

Jul 11, 2014
I have same issue mine will work for a minute or two but then stop working I've tried different roms different versions of viper4android no luck

jeremycase00

Feb 24, 2011
Yeah I'm running a ROM with it and having issues. Mine is that when the screen is off my music will skip or pause for just a second. Its real annoying I've tried it on headphones and the phone speaker with the same result.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wix256

Apr 18, 2013
NYC
I've frozen Sound Alive and it fixed everything for me. Give that a try if your rom still has it enabled.

G

GuestK00143

How do you freeze SoundAlive?
You can either freeze it with Titanium Backup Pro or use a root explorer and rename the app soundalive.apk to soundalive.bak. It's located in the system/priv-app folder. On a side note have you all set ViperFX as the default music effects in settings/sound/music effects? Viper runs great for me. As for including it in the ROMs it needs to be made a data app and not a system app so it can be uninstalled if desired. I started to do this and hope other devs who include it in the ROM will follow suit.

ModtoDeath

Jul 14, 2014
You can either freeze it with Titanium Backup Pro or use a root explorer and rename the app soundalive.apk to soundalive.bak. It's located in the system/priv-app folder. On a side note have you all set ViperFX as the default music effects in settings/sound/music effects? Viper runs great for me. As for including it in the ROMs it needs to be made a data app and not a system app so it can be uninstalled if desired. I started to do this and hope other devs who include it in the ROM will follow suit.

When I go to settings/sound/ there is no music effects option listed.

SparklesElite

Jun 25, 2014
I'm running the debloated ROM for my Verizon galaxy S 5 andi don't see sound alive in system / priv-app and I don't have a music effects option.

G

GuestK00143

Doesn't look like it at the moment.
You need to add MusicFX.apk back to the system/priv-app folder to get the Music Effects menu back and SoundAlive.apk if you want Sound Alive back in the Music Effects menu. Then reboot. Otherwise ViperFX will show up in the Music Effects menu once MusicFX is added back. You should also be more specific to witch ROM you are referring to, it might have been added back in a newer version.

View attachment 2866930
View attachment 2866938

Last edited:

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
Has anyone tried any of the trouble shooting steps from the official viper thread? (I'm not on a custom ROM yet)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Sir-Lancelot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone tried any of the trouble shooting steps from the official viper thread? (I'm not on a custom ROM yet)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app