Extended Batteries... Mugen vs Original Samsung

Search This thread
C

caliber177

I am looking to keep my white GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus naked as the bulk is just too much, and I need as much comfort in my hand as possible...

That being said: does anyone want to chime in on how the Mugen extended battery is performing compared to stock and/or the original Samsung /w battery door?

I have the original samsung extended battery, but no white door to put on...

Thanks guys.

sparkdroid

Nov 14, 2010
Toronto
One thing to note if you are buying a replacement battery... the NFC antenna is built into the battery. If this is a feature you use, make sure your new battery has it.

petermeister

Mar 27, 2009
I am waiting for my 4000mah mugen battery including nfc. But would also love the pogo car dock.. Too bad in does not fit anymore with the New battery.. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
I think these cheapo $10 3800 extended batteries on ebay are pretty good if you come in with the right expectations.

Yes, we know they aren't 3800, and are closer to 3000, but that still gets you about 1000mah more than the stock battery.

Yes, they lose their capacity over time more quickly than a genuine battery, but you should treat these types of batteries as disposable.

Buy one for $10, use it for 6 months and then buy another one.

lucasmalaguti

Aug 12, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
I think these cheapo $10 3800 extended batteries on ebay are pretty good if you come in with the right expectations.

Yes, we know they aren't 3800, and are closer to 3000, but that still gets you about 1000mah more than the stock battery.

Yes, they lose their capacity over time more quickly than a genuine battery, but you should treat these types of batteries as disposable.

The only thing that keeps me away from buying them is that batteries, in a general way, are pretty dangerous for the environment, specially cheap ones. And I wouldn't like to make that kind of waste buying several batteries.

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
The only thing that keeps me away from buying them is that batteries, in a general way, are pretty dangerous for the environment, specially cheap ones. And I wouldn't like to make that kind of waste buying several batteries.

yep valid concern. Fortunately where I live, we have battery recycling.

petermeister

Mar 27, 2009
My Mugen Power 4000mah battery is on its 2nd cycle and it works like a charm already! With heavy use and constantly nfc + wifi + hsdpa on it lasts 2,5 days:)

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
using Seidio Innocell 3500mAh extended batter for my GNexus (GSM) for a month right now
and i really love it
it can go for 6+ hours screen on time with wifi on and 3g and automatic brightness
this result was after only one charging cycle i posted on my instgram
media

it adds a little thickness but not that much, actually you won't notice any difference while holding it and using it with one hand
the only downside is the back cover, I don't know what its called in English , but the tips thats go in the phone body can easily be broken
( look at the image i circled the thing as an example - the photo not mine )
SfUTG.jpg

lil-tom7

Dec 19, 2010
using Seidio Innocell 3500mAh extended batter for my GNexus (GSM) for a month right now
and i really love it
it can go for 6+ hours screen on time with wifi on and 3g and automatic brightness
this result was after only one charging cycle i posted on my instgram
media

it adds a little thickness but not that much, actually you won't notice any difference while holding it and using it with one hand
the only downside is the back cover, I don't know what its called in English , but the tips thats go in the phone body can easily be broken
( look at the image i circled the thing as an example - the photo not mine )
SfUTG.jpg

Thats not the battery your using is it???? That looks like the stock one.

If its that big then I need a link to buy right this second!

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
Thats not the battery your using is it???? That looks like the stock one.

If its that big then I need a link to buy right this second!

as joshnichols189 said the image just to explain the issue I found on the back cover.

here is a photos of the battery

package
http://distilleryimage7.s3.amazonaws.com/b0bb4a189f3b11e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

comparing the extended battery with the stock one

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42204947/Innocellvsstock2.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42204947/innocellvsoriginal1.jpg

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
here is a new results:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-03-10-20-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-03-10-20-09.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,804
  • Screenshot_2012-06-03-10-20-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-03-10-20-15.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,790

leppo

Jan 31, 2012
Toronto
Could I trouble someone to measure the thickness of the Seidio 3500 for GSM? Looking to get one, but want to see if I can do a little modding to fit it in a case without using that unsightly back door. From the comparison pic above, it seems to be a hair over double the thickness of stock battery. Correct?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.