Qi charger $36 US

Search This thread

nexicon

Aug 2, 2011
Kansas CIty

jlear3

Aug 22, 2011
I'm not sure when I'll get it, I made a deal: really expensive jewelry for my woman in exchange for a wireless charger. Haha jokes on her :p

But if she doesn't get it I'll still buy it and update. Looks pretty nice too.

Sent from my epic touch, waiting for my Nexus 4

joey3002

Mar 27, 2009
I can confirm this charger does NOT work with a case on it. I am very disappointed as I really do not want to go naked just to use a charger..

Anyone have any luck with a case on? Can you get a pic of the angle you had to use to position the phone?

thanks

logic0verflow

Nov 27, 2010
So I purchased both chargers from FastTech and both are working great. They charge my Nexus pretty fast while using the official bumper. I always make sure to place my Nexus 4 so the coils line up right. I prefer the white slim one since its more compact but both charge to 100%.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

mongo56

Jan 11, 2010
Slovenia
I can confirm this charger does NOT work with a case on it. I am very disappointed as I really do not want to go naked just to use a charger..

Anyone have any luck with a case on? Can you get a pic of the angle you had to use to position the phone?

thanks

It works if you mod it a little. I gave a description a few posts back. If you need additional help let me know.

joey3002

Mar 27, 2009
I did see your post. Any chance you could take a picture or two of the insides and how you got the coil like that?
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mongo56

Jan 11, 2010
Slovenia
I did see your post. Any chance you could take a picture or two of the insides and how you got the coil like that?
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Sure thing, if I find the time.
All you have to do is desolder the coil from the board, flip it and reverse mount it (you'll need four nuts or something for the screws to grab into, I just clipped some servo arms for this purpose (RC stuff)), then solder the coil back.
It's not necessary to cover the hole but I did it so that my cat couldn't chew on the coil :silly:

mongo56

Jan 11, 2010
Slovenia
How did you get the cover back on? Did you drill a hole somewhere?
thanks

Sorry, I completely forgot about this. You have to cut down the plastic tabs on the inside of the front panel to make the coil fit flush when the case is closed. I used rugged cutters for the rough part and then ground it down with a dremel to make it neat.

Last edited:

mongo56

Jan 11, 2010
Slovenia
Here are the pictures I've promised.
Did a few more things to it while I was at it.
Added bottom and side support, back legs and 50g of lead inside the case (at the bottom) for stability.
Oh and rerouted the power connector to the bottom side.

It's definitely not pretty to look at but very functional for my use.
Uses less space on the night stand and is clearly visible when lying in bed.
The thing that bugged me the most was finding the perfect spot so that the coils to lined up every time.
I just pop it in now and forget about it.

Attachments

• qi_01.jpg
    qi_01.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 673
  • qi_02.jpg
    qi_02.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 651
  • qi_03.jpg
    qi_03.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 656
  • qi_04.JPG
    qi_04.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 696

joey3002

Mar 27, 2009
are you an engineer? :) nice pics. Looks like I have a weekend project now. What did your cat think of the charger?

RealiZms

Nov 21, 2010
DC
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I ordered mine. Used the code and got it for $33 shipped. Works flawlessly and quickly(as if it were plugged in!)
I did not get the same exact model as the one listed. I ordered the large model, black in color.

Fit and finish is great. It works with my TPU case on which was a big surprise and relief. My only problem with it was that damn blue light! The thing is an amazing blue strobe light while charging and goes solid blue when charged. I still need to take a black marker or electrical tape to cover it. Really, a small LED would've been enough. But that's my only gripe. And for that price I'll probably order another.

Maxey

Jan 21, 2009
AW: Qi charger $36 US

I ordered mine. Used the code and got it for $33 shipped. Works flawlessly and quickly(as if it were plugged in!)
I did not get the same exact model as the one listed. I ordered the large model, black in color.

Fit and finish is great. It works with my TPU case on which was a big surprise and relief. My only problem with it was that damn blue light! The thing is an amazing blue strobe light while charging and goes solid blue when charged. I still need to take a black marker or electrical tape to cover it. Really, a small LED would've been enough. But that's my only gripe. And for that price I'll probably order another.

Hmm I guess prices for the charger, from known brands, should be decreasing soon.
With Googles Orb at around 60 the less pretty ones should suffer a discount :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

asphaltsally

Here are the pictures I've promised.
Did a few more things to it while I was at it.
Added bottom and side support, back legs and 50g of lead inside the case (at the bottom) for stability.
Oh and rerouted the power connector to the bottom side.

It's definitely not pretty to look at but very functional for my use.
Uses less space on the night stand and is clearly visible when lying in bed.
The thing that bugged me the most was finding the perfect spot so that the coils to lined up every time.
I just pop it in now and forget about it.
Well hell! I'd rather send mine back and get one that works for another $10-15. I just have a clear screen protector on the back and the thing still doesn't work. Very disappointed. :(

Top Liked Posts