Calculus - The Fun Way

Search This thread

neumedia

Mar 16, 2013

Allow us to present to you the Calculus App. This app takes education to a whole new level by reinterpreting known theories with artistic depictions. Scattered with engineered interactivity and reinforced with fully illustrated practice questions, the Calculus App presents a new educational paradigm that will enrich the learning experience of our knowledge-seeking audience.

Download the FREE Lite Edition here

The Full Edition of the Calculus Interactive App is now Available!

7D0Ou84HcSsUmsTtjh0PwbMRpyM56OkYseWDBD_w_v1k_In9q7PNyF_igntJaNmjMqk=w124

If you like this app please leave a comment on the App store. We are working to bring you the full version soon!

FEATURES
- Watch narrated tutorials guide you on the basic concepts of Calculus

- Fun-to-watch videos introduce you to the world of Calculus; learn about the history of Calculus and not just the technical concepts

- Animated and illustrated concepts makes learning from scratch or refreshing easy

- Interactive sections reinforce important concepts

- Move away from the usual style of learning in the classroom

- Learn at your own pace: pause or replay the tutorials at your command

- Try the sample questions and check your answers against model solutions

Read the review on this App HERE

=== What's Available in the Lite Version ===

Introduction to Differentiation

- Watch a video on Differentiation

- Main Principles of Differentiation

- Practice Questions

eNKpZXQlLtysoGlK9Wqjuqd4XnFUZsRPaEdnboQ8ehd4gZ93O29tuaopMxCXTEvCDp0

g7wpsXuhtbmnzcz5PrncM_cYcWHY9bSnVOsR0kn2w2LKa_KgikKxxknP8YHfJtuYIRo

AzBAJMhW7TCE1iSjwrc07YL93bt0XdqSg3zacP5lRCHlqVj3iutrlCzdoNwot-BKVMU

Tj3xfiW2kCFhCC5C6Q49UTaheBaZBKZjyvRotANQeIa8WBtXK_E1Vi3WWkgdqPVoe_E

Last edited:

neumedia

Mar 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback

Please add the least required Android version in Thread Title

And BTW, very nice app (concept)

I am using Galaxy Ace s5830i running 2.3.6
And its not compatible with it...
Don't know why?

Thank you for your expressed interest. Unfortunately,we do not support the resolution of your phone at the moment. We're looking into it.

As requested...
The app supports a min SDK level of 8 (Android 2.2)
Supported Screen Resolutions:
- small (426dp x 320dp)
- normal (470dp x 320dp)
- large (640dp x 480dp)
- xlarge (960dp x 720dp)
Though available on handheld devices, best viewed on a tablet platform
Requires Adobe Air (All limitations of Adobe Air apply)

Last edited:

neumedia

Mar 16, 2013
Ways to download the Calculus App

May i ask for the free apk to be posted in the original thread post as an attachment because you don't have a play store link? :)

Hi! :)

I apologise, but we can't post the APK here right now.

However, you can find it in the Google play store in two ways:
  • Go to the google play store and search for "Calculus Interactive App". It should be first app to surface. Look out for our logo, you can't miss it. :eek:
  • Build the url link like so: <google play store domain>/store/apps/details?id=air.com.neumediatechnologies.calculus
You will have to replace the <google play store domain> with the actual Google Play domain. :)

15israellai

Jan 24, 2012
Oxford
I'm personally in love with calculus and I'd really like to test this app. However, with the requirement of Adobe Air, I'm hesitant.

Sent from my Nexus Prime

Reactions: Bagbug

neumedia

Mar 16, 2013
Hi!

Thank you for your expressed interest!

A little bit of history, this app was originally a POC project developed on the flash platform, hence the need for Adobe air to run on android.

However, with your continuous support, we will work towards developing native applications in the future.

Sent using xda app-developers app

CTR01

Jan 19, 2011
Seattle
Hi!

Thanks, we'll keep you in mind.
=)

I really like the idea and think the app is well done. It looks great on my 720p Note 2 screen.

Some suggestions:

1) the title area in each individual 'lesson' is rather big and I believe making it smaller might allow you more room to space out the calculations and other text of the lessons to make everything a bit more readable (hopefully this makes sense).

2) the end of the whole differentiation lesson/concept doesn't bring you back to the main menu or offer any options to go back or continue or anything (or maybe it is a problem that occurred on my phone)?

3) pressing the back button during a lesson or video closes the app, this is somewhat annoying since most other apps i use, bring you back to the previous 'page' or 'menu' or whatever.

One question I have is if you would be able to expand from general calculus to put in some content and how it might relate to business calculus/principles/ideas? This would be very useful for me since I have always struggled with math and have yet to pass the business calculus class...if you need any help with testing or what not let me know, I'd be glad to help!

Reactions: neumedia

xnoctis93

Oct 29, 2010
Vancouver
hi there...
just wondering but is there any ETA on when the full versoin will become available? i'm quite in love with your app...and would love to get the full version.

Bagbug

Apr 4, 2012
Earth
looks great and would have probably bought the paid version but I boycott Adobe ... No Air or even PDF reader on my phones/tablets for me.

Sorry :(

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

I'm personally in love with calculus and I'd really like to test this app. However, with the requirement of Adobe Air, I'm hesitant.

Sent from my Nexus Prime

same here :(

Reactions: 15israellai

neumedia

Mar 16, 2013
I really like the idea and think the app is well done. It looks great on my 720p Note 2 screen.

Some suggestions:

1) the title area in each individual 'lesson' is rather big and I believe making it smaller might allow you more room to space out the calculations and other text of the lessons to make everything a bit more readable (hopefully this makes sense).

2) the end of the whole differentiation lesson/concept doesn't bring you back to the main menu or offer any options to go back or continue or anything (or maybe it is a problem that occurred on my phone)?

3) pressing the back button during a lesson or video closes the app, this is somewhat annoying since most other apps i use, bring you back to the previous 'page' or 'menu' or whatever.

One question I have is if you would be able to expand from general calculus to put in some content and how it might relate to business calculus/principles/ideas? This would be very useful for me since I have always struggled with math and have yet to pass the business calculus class...if you need any help with testing or what not let me know, I'd be glad to help!

Great suggestions! Thanks! We'll look into them.

We did intend for this to be a refresher/introduction. We'll consider your suggestion for more mature content.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Allow us to present to you the Calculus App. This app takes education to a whole new level by reinterpreting known theories with artistic depictions. Scattered with engineered interactivity and reinforced with fully illustrated practice questions, the Calculus App presents a new educational paradigm that will enrich the learning experience of our knowledge-seeking audience.

Download the FREE Lite Edition here

The Full Edition of the Calculus Interactive App is now Available!

7D0Ou84HcSsUmsTtjh0PwbMRpyM56OkYseWDBD_w_v1k_In9q7PNyF_igntJaNmjMqk=w124

If you like this app please leave a comment on the App store. We are working to bring you the full version soon!

FEATURES
    - Watch narrated tutorials guide you on the basic concepts of Calculus

- Fun-to-watch videos introduce you to the world of Calculus; learn about the history of Calculus and not just the technical concepts

- Animated and illustrated concepts makes learning from scratch or refreshing easy

- Interactive sections reinforce important concepts

- Move away from the usual style of learning in the classroom

- Learn at your own pace: pause or replay the tutorials at your command

- Try the sample questions and check your answers against model solutions

Read the review on this App HERE

=== What's Available in the Lite Version ===

Introduction to Differentiation

- Watch a video on Differentiation

- Main Principles of Differentiation

- Practice Questions

eNKpZXQlLtysoGlK9Wqjuqd4XnFUZsRPaEdnboQ8ehd4gZ93O29tuaopMxCXTEvCDp0

g7wpsXuhtbmnzcz5PrncM_cYcWHY9bSnVOsR0kn2w2LKa_KgikKxxknP8YHfJtuYIRo

AzBAJMhW7TCE1iSjwrc07YL93bt0XdqSg3zacP5lRCHlqVj3iutrlCzdoNwot-BKVMU

Tj3xfiW2kCFhCC5C6Q49UTaheBaZBKZjyvRotANQeIa8WBtXK_E1Vi3WWkgdqPVoe_E
    Calculus, the FUN way

Well.... we simply like learning.... with the app,it's more fun.

:D
    Please add the least required Android version in Thread Title

And BTW, very nice app (concept)

I am using Galaxy Ace s5830i running 2.3.6
    And its not compatible with it...
    Don't know why?
    Yep, we understand

Oh my... I remember doing this in High School and hated it! xD

Yep, we understand. We're hoping to bridge that gap by reinterpreting mundane material in a more fun and interactive way.
    May i ask for the free apk to be posted in the original thread post as an attachment because you don't have a play store link? :)