[Q] Unable to flash cwm to galaxy grand I9082

Search This thread

lala458

Jul 16, 2012
Hello,

What should I do to flash cwm to my phone.

Every step I follow not work! [pHIL recovery/chotu recovery/twrp].

The phone keep jump to touch wiz 4.2.2.. What I need to do? Sell it? or keep it?

My S3 just worked without this problem.. What the best solution to fix this problem?

Thx.

black87

Aug 17, 2013
It's up to you :D
Hello,

The phone keep jump to touch wiz 4.2.2.. What I need to do? Sell it? or keep it?

My S3 just worked without this problem.. What the best solution to fix this problem?

Thx.

Untick auto reboot, pull the battery then insert it, press volume up+home+power and install root package to keep cwm available:D

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lala458

lala458

Jul 16, 2012
Thanks everyone because reply my question. FYI, I just flash philz touch recovery and it worked fine. The sad is, I lost this phone last month.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you remember to untick Auto Reboot in Odin? Are you planning to install a custom ROM?
    Hello,

Thx.

Untick auto reboot, pull the battery then insert it, press volume up+home+power and install root package to keep cwm available:D

Well if he's planning to install a custom AOSP-based ROM then flashing a root package isn't required... correct me if I'm wrong.
    Well if he's planning to install a custom AOSP-based ROM then flashing a root package isn't required... correct me if I'm wrong.
    Root package is just to lock cwm so it will not lost if he boot it
    Root package is just to lock cwm so it will not lost if he boot it

CWM is overwritten with stock recovery by the stock ROM. So if you don't have stock ROM it's kinda useless...
    After flashing a custom ROM, all that's left unmodified on the device is just the bootloader... I don't think a bootloader can overwrite CWM to a stock recovery.