Alliance Mods bootloop & other problems! / Resolved!!

Search This thread

CrackDaddy

Aug 7, 2011
London
j1msolutionz.wixsite.com
After being stupidly led to believe I could flash this "V2.4 STOCK THEMED LSD ODEXED", from this thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37186930, & having done a nandroid backup, I can no longer use the phone!!
I have no settings/dialler/contacts/messaging now, after restoring backup when flashing the mod resulted in bootloop!
I've tried using Titanium Backup to restore contacts & messaging but it just hangs! I even tried to install the apks from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1969991, but they start to install then say not installed!?
What's happened & how can I fix it without having to flash stock rom all over again & lose everything? :(

Last edited:

TheGovernment

Nov 1, 2013

You have to make a full wipe of your phone in Recovery mode. Then you can just restore /data partition from the Nandroid backup to keep all your apps.
I also suggest you fully unroot by re-flashing your stock firmware and re-root if any problem persists after trying the option i've written above.

Good luck!

CrackDaddy

Aug 7, 2011
London
j1msolutionz.wixsite.com
You have to make a full wipe of your phone in Recovery mode. Then you can just restore /data partition from the Nandroid backup to keep all your apps.
I also suggest you fully unroot by re-flashing your stock firmware and re-root if any problem persists after trying the option i've written above.

Good luck!

How do I just restore /data partition from backup in CWM? & if it works, can I then restore the whole backup & not have this problem when done? Thanks!

TheGovernment

Nov 1, 2013
How do I just restore /data partition from backup in CWM? & if it works, can I then restore the whole backup & not have this problem when done? Thanks!

Didn't you try to restore the whole backup already? If you did and it didn't work then you cant restore your full Nandroid since something has gone corrupt.

What kernel are you on?

To restore /data is usually this way but depends on kernel, which is why i asked you
Go to 'Backup and Restore' and then 'Advanced restore/Custom restore job' and press on /data option.

CrackDaddy

Aug 7, 2011
London
j1msolutionz.wixsite.com
Didn't you try to restore the whole backup already? If you did and it didn't work then you cant restore your full Nandroid since something has gone corrupt.

What kernel are you on?

To restore /data is usually this way but depends on kernel, which is why i asked you
Go to 'Backup and Restore' and then 'Advanced restore/Custom restore job' and press on /data option.

I have 2 backups, & restored both with same problem!
Stock kernel!
Could I not copy both backups to pc, factory reset in settings, re-root, then flash backup!? as both backups (one done today & one last month!) can't be corrupt surely!?

Last edited:

TheGovernment

Nov 1, 2013
I have 2 backups, & restored both with same problem!
Stock kernel!
Could I not copy both backups to pc, factory reset in settings, re-root, then flash backup!? as both backups (one done today & one last month!) can't be corrupt surely!?

Stock kernel!
Dude, you can't do much on stock kernel. you can't flash anything from stock kernel.

I suggest you remove everything and fully unroot your device by re-flashing stock firmware (and wipe data/cache etc)
Now flash a custom Kernel and then you can flash custom firmwares.

CrackDaddy

Aug 7, 2011
London
j1msolutionz.wixsite.com
Stock kernel!
Dude, you can't do much on stock kernel. you can't flash anything from stock kernel.

I suggest you remove everything and fully unroot your device by re-flashing stock firmware (and wipe data/cache etc)
Now flash a custom Kernel and then you can flash custom firmwares.

I don't want different kernel or custom roms/firmwares, thanks all the same!

CrackDaddy

Aug 7, 2011
London
j1msolutionz.wixsite.com
Well if you want to flash something like you tried to do before - you will need a custom kernel (which includes a custom recovery). With stock recovery you can't do much..

I just flashed latest samfirmware with mobile odin & wiped dalvik cache & kept root in the process & all is good again! ;)
The only problem I've got now , which is one I've had in the past & forgotten how to resolve, is that I kept having a force close with rom toolbox pro, so I uninstalled & tried to reinstall my backup in Titanium Backup, but it just hangs!? I tried reinstalling it again after downloading the apk backup I have on my laptop, but it won't install coz it says there's insufficient space & tries to redirect me to apps manager in settings! :confused:
There is enough space (414mb internal memory/8.45gb internal sd/ & 27gb ext sd), as I've installed the light version straight from play store!! Any ideas on this??
Oh & I have CWM recovery.zip for recovery!
THNX!

Last edited:

TheGovernment

Nov 1, 2013
I just flashed latest samfirmware with mobile odin & wiped dalvik cache & kept root in the process & all is good again! ;)
The only problem I've got now , which is one I've had in the past & forgotten how to resolve, is that I kept having a force close with rom toolbox pro, so I uninstalled & tried to reinstall my backup in Titanium Backup, but it just hangs!? I tried reinstalling it again after downloading the apk backup I have on my laptop, but it won't install coz it says there's insufficient space & tries to redirect me to apps manager in settings! :confused:
There is enough space (414mb internal memory/8.45gb internal sd/ & 27gb ext sd), as I've installed the light version straight from play store!! Any ideas on this??
Oh & I have CWM recovery.zip for recovery!
THNX!

Weird never had such issue. Try to delete it's data from application manager in settings then uninstall and re-install it again. Also, search for a odex file for rom toolbox pro in /data/app. If it's there - delete it.

CrackDaddy

Aug 7, 2011
London
j1msolutionz.wixsite.com
Weird never had such issue. Try to delete it's data from application manager in settings then uninstall and re-install it again. Also, search for a odex file for rom toolbox pro in /data/app. If it's there - delete it.

Yeh, I tried all of that thnx! Got it resolved in the end, I'd already done everything you've just suggested & it worked! ;)
So in the end, I used Mobile Odin Pro to wipe dalvik cache, enabled EverRoot, then enabled Inject Superuser & flashed last stock rom for my region from Samfirmware over the top of my corrupted rom, then all was good in the world again! :D
Thnx for your support m8, I should have known better but the alliance mods in the link of my first post were too good to resist, but I should have tried on deodex & not odex firmware, MY BAD!!

Last edited:

TheGovernment

Nov 1, 2013
Yeh, I tried all of that thnx! Got it resolved in the end, I did everything you've just suggested & it worked! ;)
So in the end, I used Mobile Odin Pro to wipe dalvik cache, enabled EverRoot, then enabled Inject Superuser & flashed last stock rom for my region from Samfirmware over the top of my corrupted rom, then all was good in the world again! :D
Thnx for your support m8, I should have known better but the alliance mods in the link of my first post were too good to resist, but I should have tried on deodex & not odex firmware, MY BAD!!

Glad it worked out in the end.
Also a pro-tip if you want, otherwise just ignore this:
You can flash the absolutely latest stock firmware compatible with your device even if it's not for your region ;)

CrackDaddy

Aug 7, 2011
London
j1msolutionz.wixsite.com
Glad it worked out in the end.
Also a pro-tip if you want, otherwise just ignore this:
You can flash the absolutely latest stock firmware compatible with your device even if it's not for your region ;)

The firmware that got corrupted was "XWLSW" that was an OTA update! (I have the firmware safe on laptop! ;))
But the latest firmware for my region on Samfirmware, which is what I flashed, was "XWLSS" :confused:
But thnx again for the info! :cool:

Last edited: