Vbukit, Powerpoint, and Chromecast

Search This thread

primetime34

Jul 18, 2011
Has anybody got this to work? I have tried, but I sure can't get it to work. I've got videos, audio, pictures, but not a powerpoint. Thanks.

Reactions: mathorv

k9cop

Dec 6, 2011
I'm unsure what you are asking, but if you want to view a PowerPoint from your computer just use the CC extension and cast the entire screen. Walla, PowerPoint on CC.

MOLON LABE

mathorv

Jun 5, 2011
Has anybody got this to work? I have tried, but I sure can't get it to work. I've got videos, audio, pictures, but not a powerpoint. Thanks.

Chromecast only scenario PPT file:
Requirements:
Android device and chromecast on the same Wireless LAN
Vbukit for Chromecast (Android app)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.creatingrevolutions.vbukitchromecast&hl=en
AND
Vbukit User (Android app)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.creatingrevolutions.virtualbucket&hl=en

Procedure:
1. Run Vbukit for Chromecast, connect it to your chromecast device.
2. Press Send To TV - it will automatically open Vbukit User.
3. Choose Send file>send Business>Send File>Pick desired PPT file from phone
4. Scan bacrode from screen
5. Wait as it takes ages to upload file
6. Vbukit User app crashes all the time(and it shouldn't), but i can see first slide on the screen

If this crapp crashes. Connect, disconnect and connect again Vbukit for Chromecast, otherwise Vbukit User will not work.

Vbukit.com makes me wonder if it's not smart and efficient data mining project.
You upload file and they can do whatever they want with it.
Privacy policy means nothing in evil NSA age and connection to the site is just in http.
Intelligence, corporate espionage, sensitive personal info...

Last edited:

primetime34

Jul 18, 2011
I did exactly what the above post recommends, but it always fails on uploading the pptx file. I can upload other file types, but not a powerpoint.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Vbukit

Feb 20, 2014
PowerPoint Question

Primetime34, I can help you concerning this issues.

But first please answer these questions.

1. Are you using the Vbukit User Android or iPhone version of the app with Chromecast?

2. Are you accessing the PowerPoint file from Phone Storage, Google Drive, or Dropbox from within the Vbukit User app?

3. Is the file a ppt or a pptx?

If you can answer these questions, i will be able to address your issue. As well, we did notice a recently introduced bug when accessing PowerPoint in the Android version of the app using Dropbox. We are on that bug and will have it resolved in the next update due out in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Thank you and I look forward to your answers so I can address this issue.

I will let you know that we have tested PowerPoint using over two dozen Android phone models from Samsung, HTC, LG, Asus, and many more, as well as testing with iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s.

So far all those phones are able to do all the file types great and cast them to not only Chromecast but also to other Smart Phones, Computers, Tablets, and Smart TV's via Vbukit.com.

I await your reply.

Reactions: EarlyMon and bhiga

mathorv

Jun 5, 2011
I did exactly what the above post recommends, but it always fails on uploading the pptx file. I can upload other file types, but not a powerpoint.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Application is buggy and it's programmers fault. PERIOD

If you want to see it with your own eyes just look at the comments:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.creatingrevolutions.virtualbucket&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.creatingrevolutions.vbukitchromecast&hl=en

Vbukit

Feb 20, 2014
Privacy Question

Requirements:
AND

Procedure:
6. Vbukit User app crashes all the time(and it shouldn't), but i can see first slide on the screen

If this crapp crashes. Connect, disconnect and connect again Vbukit for Chromecast, otherwise Vbukit User will not work.

Vbukit makes me wonder if it's not smart and efficient data mining project.
Privacy policy means nothing in evil NSA age and connection to the site is just in http.

to answer your last question.

Vbukit is based on a technology we created called Virtual Bucket which is designed from the ground up to give you not only dramatic increase in security, but also total privacy and complete anonymity.

The system is completely blind to who or where the sender is, who or where the receiver is, and what you are sending.
I know its a new concept but we make sure you actually have real privacy.

So there is ZERO TRACKING, ZERO DATA COLLECTION, ZERO ADVERTISING!!!!

And we also don't charge you for using the system either.

That being said, to make a platform that allows this much privacy, security, and work with nearly every type of device and on nearly every OS is not an easy task.

we hope that clears up any concerns you might have and appreciate what we've built and that we are constantly improving the system which only recently fully came out for public use.

thank you from the Vbukit Team.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

We do not currently have pptx file type integrated.

We do offer ppt and you can also convert your powerpoint to pdf.

Both those should work perfect, but pptx we do not support right now.

Reactions: EarlyMon

mathorv

Jun 5, 2011

Don't get me wrong man but
#1 just inform about formats supported on play store site and if app is not stable yet rebrand it to Vbukit BETA because user rating will reach rock bottom level and comments will stone app/brand to death.
#2 In app add filetype not supported prompt if someone select popular, but not supported format.
#3 It's also worth to mention other apps limitations like filesize limits

Edit:
Using HTTPS instead of HTTP would also be dramatic increase in security and anonymity you mentioned.
Also adding straight Privacy Policy would be nice. What you do to protect data, info about data retention.

Last edited:

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Office 2010 formats (.docx, .pptx, .xlsx etc) are generally not well-supported by third party applications. I have trouble with them even in Salesforce.
The older Office 2007-compatible formats (.doc, .ppt, .xls, etc) work much better.

EarlyMon

Jun 23, 2010
@Vbukit thanks for taking the time to reach out and clarify the issues here.

Pretty cool that you're not data mining, I admit that I wondered about that myself.

Vbukit

Feb 20, 2014
Answer

Chromecast's actual SDK libraries were released literally less than a week ago.

1. This is a public beta
2. This is a very complex platform that does many many things, and works on dozens of devices on multiple OS's
3. Unlike basically all others, we don't track you, advertise to you, or charge you.

So how about some positive support ;)

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Thanks for the suggestion.

actually on chromecast it is running on HTTPS. Google mandates that.

the core system runs on HTTPS, but the front end hides that so that it can work on more devices.

we've found a good number of devices such as many smart tv's still don't like https, so we found a way to overcome that issue while still keeping the security.

but thank you for the suggestion, it is a good one and we're always open to other suggestions.

Reactions: EarlyMon

primetime34

Jul 18, 2011
1. I am using the android version

2. From phone storage (I can't get anything to show up in the google drive on vbukit)

3. It is a pptx

Thanks!

1. Are you using the Vbukit User Android or iPhone version of the app with Chromecast?

2. Are you accessing the PowerPoint file from Phone Storage, Google Drive, or Dropbox from within the Vbukit User app?

If you can answer these questions, i will be able to address your issue. As well, we did notice a recently introduced bug when accessing PowerPoint in the Android version of the app using Dropbox. We are on that bug and will have it resolved in the next update due out in the next 24 to 48 hours.

I will let you know that we have tested PowerPoint using over two dozen Android phone models from Samsung, HTC, LG, Asus, and many more, as well as testing with iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s.

So far all those phones are able to do all the file types great and cast them to not only Chromecast but also to other Smart Phones, Computers, Tablets, and Smart TV's via Vbukit.com.

I await your reply.

Vbukit

Feb 20, 2014
Solution

Great, this is very helpful.

Unfortunately, pptx is not handled well, so we do not support it.

What we do support currently support is ppt.

Additionally, you can save your pptx file as a pdf and we support that as well.

But unfortunately pptx right now we don't support.

As for Google Drive. If you don't see the file, Its because as stated, we don't support pptx.

I suggest you do a save as of your pptx and save it as either a ppt or pdf file format.

Then you should be good not only in seeing it in your Google Drive, but also in being able to cast it to the screen.

I hope this helps and i'll mark a note to inform you if in the future we offer pptx, which is on our road map.

Let me know if you need anything else and don't forget to comment and rate us positively.

mathorv

Jun 5, 2011
Apps name before my suggestion:
Vbukit for Chromecast - Android Apps on Google Play and after Vbukit Chromecast Public Beta - Android Apps on Google Play
Vbukit User - Android Apps on Google Play and after Vbukit User (Public Beta)

@ https you're right, things are loaded from amazons cloud.
What meant and didn't say - in web browsers www.vbukit.com starts HTTP session not HTTPS so MITM is theoretically possible. Partial encryption will always be partial.

Last edited:

Vbukit

Feb 20, 2014
Good Idea

Oh, I get what you are saying now.

Thank you, that's helpful. I'll speak with my team and look to implement it.

Please let us know if you come up with other good ideas and have a great rest of the week.

primetime34

Jul 18, 2011
Great, this is very helpful.

Unfortunately, pptx is not handled well, so we do not support it.

What we do support currently support is ppt.

Additionally, you can save your pptx file as a pdf and we support that as well.

But unfortunately pptx right now we don't support.

As for Google Drive. If you don't see the file, Its because as stated, we don't support pptx.

I suggest you do a save as of your pptx and save it as either a ppt or pdf file format.

Then you should be good not only in seeing it in your Google Drive, but also in being able to cast it to the screen.

I hope this helps and i'll mark a note to inform you if in the future we offer pptx, which is on our road map.

Let me know if you need anything else and don't forget to comment and rate us positively.

Just tried it with a ppt file and it still won't upload. It just says (after about 60 seconds of "Preparing Upload") "Can't upload file". I can upload other file types, but a ppt file just won't upload. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Vbukit

Feb 20, 2014
We see the bug now, and are attacking it as we speak

Ok, we now see what you mean.

In the past week, we had a massive increase in the number of users and it has now revealed an instability specific to only android, in dealing with office files.

We are putting the whole team on this and will have a solution very soon, I promise. Its good you pointed this out, because oddly enough, you were the only one who said something.

having community members like you make things possible, so thank you for informing us.

So at this point i have two positive pieces of news for you.

1. If you convert your pptx to a pdf, you will be absolutely fine. That will work, i tested it myself. Its only the microsoft office files this bug causes problems with. So convert your pptx to pdf and you'll be set.

2. Because you've been so helpful and nice about this issue, unlike some internet trolls, i've stepped up work on not just solving the ppt problem, but also because of you, i've accelerated work to get pptx.

So for now, use PDF, and hopefully in a few days, you'll be able to use PPT and a very good chance we'll have PPTX.

Thanks again, and expect the fix in the next update.

have a great weekend.

primetime34

Jul 18, 2011
Thanks for the quick response. I'll use the pdf alternative for now and hope to see the ppt/pptx support working on android soon. This is such a great app that I can think of so many different uses! Thanks again!

Ok, we now see what you mean.

In the past week, we had a massive increase in the number of users and it has now revealed an instability specific to only android, in dealing with office files.

We are putting the whole team on this and will have a solution very soon, I promise. Its good you pointed this out, because oddly enough, you were the only one who said something.

having community members like you make things possible, so thank you for informing us.

So at this point i have two positive pieces of news for you.

1. If you convert your pptx to a pdf, you will be absolutely fine. That will work, i tested it myself. Its only the microsoft office files this bug causes problems with. So convert your pptx to pdf and you'll be set.

2. Because you've been so helpful and nice about this issue, unlike some internet trolls, i've stepped up work on not just solving the ppt problem, but also because of you, i've accelerated work to get pptx.

So for now, use PDF, and hopefully in a few days, you'll be able to use PPT and a very good chance we'll have PPTX.

Thanks again, and expect the fix in the next update.

have a great weekend.

Vbukit

Feb 20, 2014
PPTX

Well, we've worked hard to get a fast, stable, smart system to implement pptx and and its now released in todays latest update in the android market

so you can now use your PPTX files.

and i'll tell you, it was not easy to do.

enjoy

Reactions: bhiga and EarlyMon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PowerPoint Question

I await your reply.
    PPTX

Well, we've worked hard to get a fast, stable, smart system to implement pptx and and its now released in todays latest update in the android market

so you can now use your PPTX files.

and i'll tell you, it was not easy to do.

enjoy
    Privacy Question

Requirements:
    AND

Procedure:

Vbukit makes me wonder if it's not smart and efficient data mining project.

to answer your last question.

Vbukit is based on a technology we created called Virtual Bucket which is designed from the ground up to give you not only dramatic increase in security, but also total privacy and complete anonymity.

The system is completely blind to who or where the sender is, who or where the receiver is, and what you are sending.
    I know its a new concept but we make sure you actually have real privacy.

So there is ZERO TRACKING, ZERO DATA COLLECTION, ZERO ADVERTISING!!!!

And we also don't charge you for using the system either.

That being said, to make a platform that allows this much privacy, security, and work with nearly every type of device and on nearly every OS is not an easy task.

we hope that clears up any concerns you might have and appreciate what we've built and that we are constantly improving the system which only recently fully came out for public use.

thank you from the Vbukit Team.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Answer

Chromecast's actual SDK libraries were released literally less than a week ago.

1. This is a public beta
    2. This is a very complex platform that does many many things, and works on dozens of devices on multiple OS's
    3. Unlike basically all others, we don't track you, advertise to you, or charge you.

So how about some positive support ;)

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Thanks for the suggestion.

actually on chromecast it is running on HTTPS. Google mandates that.

the core system runs on HTTPS, but the front end hides that so that it can work on more devices.

we've found a good number of devices such as many smart tv's still don't like https, so we found a way to overcome that issue while still keeping the security.

but thank you for the suggestion, it is a good one and we're always open to other suggestions.