[Q] Android System Recovery <3e> problem

Search This thread

richardnz

May 6, 2011
GT i1900M
I was trying to update to CyanogenMod 10.2.
The phone was purchased in Canada and flashed and installed Froyo 2.2 soon after purchase some years ago. Which was fine until now.
I was following the instructions in How Manually Update Your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
I transferred the CyanogenMod and Google Apps packages to a directory on my phones SD card called 'Download'.
I also installed from the PlayStore [BOOT] recovery tools - Flasher
I switched off the phone and booted into recovery mode. As there wasn't an option to perform a backup of the current OS, I didn't.
I then successfully did a 'wipe/data factory reset' and a 'wipe cache partition' after which I did a 'apply sdcard:update.zip and got the following message.
Installation aborted
--Insall from sdcard...
E:failed to open /mnt/internal_sd/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I'm still in the Android system recovery <3e> window with two options available, namely reboot system now or Format interal sd-card.

If I reboot the system now will I be able to install the CyanogenMod some other way?

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
If I reboot the system now will I be able to install the CyanogenMod some other way?
for i9000M, you need to

i9000M
Upgrade or Downgrade GB 2.3.3 UGKG3 ROM + 512 PIT finally with UGKG3 Root & CWM http://www.4shared.com/file/eGrh9tKQ/s1_odin_20100512.html Ideal base for upgrading to ICS and JB

flash above following
pinned.png
[Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat
the Gingerbread flashing guide, after that you can flash other versions step by step following the above guide.

Reactions: richardnz

Top Liked Posts