Loose feel from right bezel

Search This thread

Crozar

Dec 14, 2012
The bezel on right side of the screen when holding the Tablet on landscape with 1hand from the right there's agap feeling on my thumb feels like pressing gaps with sound as in seems loose from right defected feeling compared to the left side feel

Is this a universal issue or my device is among the unlucky faulty of ones

Last edited:

zabih107

Aug 11, 2012
Going to recieve mine soon and will let u know how mine feels on the right side.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

brugobo

Dec 28, 2012
The bezel on right side of the screen when holding the Tablet on landscape with 1hand from the right there's agap feeling on my thumb feels like pressing gaps with sound as in seems loose from right defected feeling compared to the left side feel

Is this a universal issue or my device is among the unlucky faulty of ones

Mine does the same, it was one of the first things I noticed. Mine does it when pressing my thumb a bit over the midline, like 40% into the right bezel, measuring from the top right corner and going downwards. The left bezel feels the most solid but the others have creaking spots.

It is not a big deal imo.

Crozar

Dec 14, 2012
Mine does the same, it was one of the first things I noticed. Mine does it when pressing my thumb a bit over the midline, like 40% into the right bezel, measuring from the top right corner and going downwards. The left bezel feels the most solid but the others have creaking spots.

It is not a big deal imo.

since you've mentioned this , im going today to check Sony Electronics here in UAE and test their demo to see if this is a universal issue , its an issue of irritation from its solidity coming from sony this hurts their name. if people accept keeping the condition this way then handling the device will sway from the comfort level of slick solid feel by time.

gigafast

Jul 11, 2007
I have this issue. Makes a creaking sound when I pinch the tablet on the right side. Did not do this when I first got the tablet but started a couple days ago. Did not seem to affect the water proofing but I only tried running it under a faucet.

Can we warranty this?

Crozar

Dec 14, 2012
I have this issue. Makes a creaking sound when I pinch the tablet on the right side. Did not do this when I first got the tablet but started a couple days ago. Did not seem to affect the water proofing but I only tried running it under a faucet.

Can we warranty this?

I'm getting a replacement

brugobo

Dec 28, 2012
I'm getting a replacement

I just returned my Z2 tablet and got a reinbursement.

My unit started to have very noticeable rippling artifacts and flashes on the right edge when I was holding the tablet landscape with my right hand. Not always, but far from subtle when it happened, and I do not think I was gripping unreasonably hard. Additionally, holding the tablet from the right edge would sometimes wake up the tablet as if I had double tapped the screen.

It could be my unit but it looked like a weakness in its design so I do not trust the build quality of this model for the long term though I liked everything else about it.

zabih107

Aug 11, 2012
I received my z2 tab today and the right bezel seems fine. No clicking or Halloween feeling to it.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

sebastiny

Jan 17, 2009
I just returned my Z2 tablet and got a reinbursement.

My unit started to have very noticeable rippling artifacts and flashes on the right edge when I was holding the tablet landscape with my right hand. Not always, but far from subtle when it happened, and I do not think I was gripping unreasonably hard. Additionally, holding the tablet from the right edge would sometimes wake up the tablet as if I had double tapped the screen.

It could be my unit but it looked like a weakness in its design so I do not trust the build quality of this model for the long term though I liked everything else about it.

so did your reimbursed set have the same sound? I'm hearing it on mine now. =\

brugobo

Dec 28, 2012
so did your reimbursed set have the same sound? I'm hearing it on mine now. =\

I got a refund. Got my money back and I no longer have a Z2.

I recomend that prospective buyers try it at several stores so they get a feeling of its average build quality and buy at one that allows refunds just in case.

I am disappointed by the build quality and I wish those 50 grams they saved from the first Z were used to reinforce the body instead. The original Z tablet was light enough already.

In all other regards, however, the tablet was the best Android tablet experience you can buy.

Crozar

Dec 14, 2012
ok I just got my new replacement I think this issue is from the production line or somehow its a design flow, this is the 2nd one im feeling and it feels diffrent then my first, the first that I had replaced had the issue from the right side and now this one has the issue from the left side but its diffrent, no more crackling sound under the bezel, but this is just like a loose feel more over then the one from the past, I guess the more tighter they make it the more crackling sound u will feel when handling device. I still didnt test the touch screen and water proof, im going to be using this daily on water and give a later feedback on touch screen and anything else, atleast its less frustrating then my previous one which kept sketching crackling sounds on the right side of the bezel whenever I pick it up with 1 hand from the right.

Crozar

Dec 14, 2012
OK until now was under water for 15min lots of bubbles was coming out of it from the bezel where their was no port it was weird unlike the first one. Its not an iPad the gaps loose feeling from the design is the only problem. The back feels is not enforced proper to the whole build quality. It's like ablowfish,medium pressure presses can make you feel the sway of the build qualities loosness of the chassis /back. &screen

Crozar

Dec 14, 2012
Water goes in the bezel feels heavier after its set under water and I am not sure please verify with your tablet

New update...

Yes water goes in just verified now the crackling sound is back when it used to be a gap of air is now a crackling sounds. The bezel body of this build design is not reinforced perfectly. This is an obvious glitch Sony please wake up.

Last edited:

Crozar

Dec 14, 2012
If u guys want I can demonstrate what I mean and how I knew water goes in from the right side of this tablet.
Once I diped it in my bath tub theirs bubbles lots of little bubbles coming from the upper right edge of the bezel... Meaning air is released....

Their was no sound when I used to carry this tablet with ( one hand) from the (right side edge) on Landscape

But now that first issue still arises..

It's the same issue with the one I had replaced.

Sony is not aware of this issue please help shoutcast to people like Engadget and the review people to reach Sony since Sony support line and emails are dense to react to whom.

giozera

Sep 1, 2008
NYC
i have a same problem on my LTE version SGP521. feels like cheap poorly made device when I hear that cracking sound and I have a feeling that could compromise water tight seal. I talked to sony support and they gave me retarded respond saying give it a time. WTF Sony???
I'm gonna start calling them up until I get replacement I'm not waiting this will not get fixed itself magically.

Crozar

Dec 14, 2012
Myne is same model tablet , the sgp is Singapore base and this issue is the same issue that z2 phone owners are experiencing in Singapore.

if u Google gap screen z2 Singapore, the results will show z2 phone owners 2months ago complaining about the gaps and water resistant.

Sony did not fix Singapore past problem with the z2 phone owners, if this issue is just Singapore I hope so then I'm returning my tablet and ordering one from UK or USA.