Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
Hi I have a EVO 3D GSM from Rogers on the stock ROM which is build 1.20.631.3.
I upgraded the software using OTA update and since then, the phone randomly reboots once a day while in my pocket without doing anything. I only installed a few third party apps which are commonly used and even tried a factory reset to try and fix the reboot issue. I searched online but the reboot problem for Rogers EVO 3D they say is not widespread. I even tried reflashing the stock RUU and then upgrading again but the problem comes back. Does anyone have any other suggestions to what could be causing the reboot?

sounds like maybe:
1 - hardware
2 - (more likely) the update contained some new firmware bits that your phone doesn't like. You could in theory leave it on the older RUU to keep the good firmware, then flash a custom ROM that has the software updates from teh new RUU.

Reactions: carn2k

carn2k

Dec 5, 2010
Rogers EVO 3D GSM random reboots

sounds like maybe:
1 - hardware
2 - (more likely) the update contained some new firmware bits that your phone doesn't like. You could in theory leave it on the older RUU to keep the good firmware, then flash a custom ROM that has the software updates from teh new RUU.

Ok Thanks, I will try that. I had one other thought as well. Is it possible that the SD card that came with the phone could be corrupted or have some issues which somehow may be responsible for these random reboots? Would it be worth to try backing up all the data from the SD Card, formatting it, and reflash original RUU to see if that makes any difference?

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
Ok Thanks, I will try that. I had one other thought as well. Is it possible that the SD card that came with the phone could be corrupted or have some issues which somehow may be responsible for these random reboots? Would it be worth to try backing up all the data from the SD Card, formatting it, and reflash original RUU to see if that makes any difference?

sure you can always try and see.

chainsawk

Jul 25, 2010
Nanaimo
Hello, I am pretty new to rooting so your help would be greatly appreciated. I rooted my phone using the revolutionary method found on evo hacks. Every thing seemed ok exept when I rebooted from recovery. The phone would want to send a report to htc. I downloaded rom manager from the market and installed recovery 5.0.2.0. from rom manager. When I try to do anything from recovery I just get the hat with the arrow under it, no action. It is like this for every command. I have to pull the battery to get it to reboot. I tried to install 4.0.1.5 from fastboot, using cmd prompt, but I get an error- something about partition. The phone seems to work ok, but I cannot do anything with recovery.

Phone: Rogers evo 3d (gsm)
HBOOT:1.49.1107 (I think this got changed when I ran revolutionary)
S-Off

How do I install a recovery that works? Do I need to unroot my phone?

Last edited:

Drkman7

Oct 5, 2011
Chicago
Contact Photo clarity

I have a problem with the clarity of the photos that I save to contacts or photos thatare linked to my contacts. The photos can be clear,good pics,even if taken with my phone(Evo 3D) but when that person calls or I call that person the photo is of poor quality,blurry even. Is there a fix for this? My phone is rooted with a ZR3D rom,Android version 2.3.4 & HTC Sense version 3.0. The thing is that I've had this problem months before I rooted the phone. I thought the root might fix it

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
I have a problem with the clarity of the photos that I save to contacts or photos thatare linked to my contacts. The photos can be clear,good pics,even if taken with my phone(Evo 3D) but when that person calls or I call that person the photo is of poor quality,blurry even. Is there a fix for this? My phone is rooted with a ZR3D rom,Android version 2.3.4 & HTC Sense version 3.0. The thing is that I've had this problem months before I rooted the phone. I thought the root might fix it

Try reducing or cropping your image to 96x96. If that doesn't work, I found another solution that may help but try that first.

SteelH

Jun 12, 2010
Thank you very much, that worked like a charm. I was entering a wrong command.

Is it normal to get a "Tell Htc" warning when you reboot with this recovery. (cwm-4.0.1.4-shooteru) Still on stock rom.

Yeah that's a system app that turns on at first boot.

That app is annoying, that's why many ROM devs have removed it, including myself. If you don't like it, root your phone and delete the APK from /system/app/ like we have done.

vanessaem

Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
No luck with the cropping

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

No luck with the cropping

Try the following:

Create a new "Phone contact" of the person and add their picture from the gallery. Then link it to their google contact and you click on their picture and make sure to choose to use the phone contact's picture. That should give you a clear picture.

Reactions: jasoncole80

egodriver07

May 10, 2011
West Virginia
Could anyone help edit my lockscreen for me? I had to install a 3.0 rom and I hate all the clutter on the screen. I'd love to have no clock, date, carrier, navbar, "pull to unlock ring" text, shortcut bubble, or shortcut text. Thanks so much if anyone could do this for me. I've attached my Idlescreen_Base.apk

Last edited:

Drkman7

Oct 5, 2011
Chicago
[yyB][/B]
Try the following:[/B]
Create a new "Phone contact" of the person and add their picture from the gallery. Then link it to their google contact and you click on their picture and make sure to choose to use the phone contact's picture. That should give you a clear picture.

You are the bomb Vanessaem!!! Worked like a charm!! Now I just have to remember to save all my new contacts to Google after I make the phone contact. Thanks!!!

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
Try the following:

Did you and gizmo can't remember the other username.. Ever get that mms thing you were working on figured out? Looked like you guys were on a roll getting it hammered out..

vanessaem

Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
[yyB][/B]

You are the bomb Vanessaem!!! Worked like a charm!! Now I just have to remember to save all my new contacts to Google after I make the phone contact. Thanks!!!

Glad it worked. :)

Did you and gizmo can't remember the other username.. Ever get that mms thing you were working on figured out? Looked like you guys were on a roll getting it hammered out..

Who's gizmo? lol
I'm still not sure what to do for the mms as far as theming and I'm still waiting for a write-up. I learn better with those. :eek:

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
Glad it worked. :)

Who's gizmo? lol
I'm still not sure what to do for the mms as far as theming and I'm still waiting for a write-up. I learn better with those. :eek:

Ya a guide gives a idea that makes it a bit easier to work with.. Also to add more tweaks to it :D

I don't know how to spell his user name it wasn't Jeff mighta been FB12 lol. I suck with names.. Same goes for people I know.. I always have issues with modding the IME apk always FC even keepin the same sig :D Just modding some things in it such as PNG .. Gonna look into the MMS to see what can be done..

Reactions: vanessaem
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello fellow EVO 3D users! We started this thread for a few reasons. First, we are helpful, good at troubleshooting, and we know android. Second, we used to be noobs, and haven't forgotten. Third, less clutter around here would be nice.

team d3rp is comprised of:
    myself, ranger61878, pstevep, thoughtlesskyle, vanessaem, dkdude36, jdeloach, steelH, and fdb8231.

You can ask literally any question you want, we will try to help. Ask for links, zips, mods, root info, etc. Please search first, then ask for help. :) We may give you a little heat for being a d3rp, because it's fun, so don't take it personally.

Thanks in advance for asking your questions and requests in here, and NOT starting a new thread.

For requests, feel free to ask for whatever. We will try to create/modify what you want, but sometimes we won't be able to, or we won't want to lol. Just remember, if we can't do it or point you in the right direction, you're in the same boat as before you asked. No matter what we should all enjoy learning from each other.

Continue on with the questions. d3rp d3rp...

We now have a chatroom (WIP), try to find us there >
    www.webchat.freenode.net/#teamd3rp
    (you should still post here too)
    I am now 2 devices and almost 2 years away from the Shooter

Closing this thread

Please use the Q+A section from here forward

THANKS!!!

:D
    Well that's good. Nothing like a rooted phone to go to town on.
    Are you from the OG Evo or Hero forums because I don't think we've met you before. I'm not saying I know everyone on here, I'm just sayin'. :p If we've met before, my bad. Senior moments are me sometimes. :D

Actually I am from both - cut my teeth in the Hero forums, progressed to the OG Evo and now I have landed here. I don't think we have officially crossed paths before, so I am Keith, aka kfunk. Pleasure to meet you!
    Tired of trying to figure it out... What does d3rp mean?

team d3rp are the names of the three original members, Duce, ranger and pstevep. d3rps also have interest in helping derps with their 3vo problems.

^^^
    I think that's pstevep's explanation in a nutshell...lol. :p
    Sweet deal, the og evo was my first smartphone(let alone android) so with that is was getting used to android. Then I got the 3d at launch, and now I'm learning java, theming, and even trying to build from source(crap laptop). I've learned so much, and all from xda. So like I said before, I like to help when I can and give something back to this community, which has given me so much.