Tetrax Magnet Mount for Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread
Dec 16, 2011
Huntsville
Thanks for posting this, I really, really want one! However, I'm not sure which model to get. I'll be using the touchscreen while it's attached to the unit, so should I get the Xway, so it won't pivot when I press the screen, due to the phone resting on the 4 arms, or should I go with the EGO line?

Or am I just worried about something that won't be an issue (i.e. the phone won't pivot when I touch the screen, and just stays flat).

You want either the Xway (vent) or FIXway (flat surface). With the size of the Galaxy Nexus, you will need the supporting X to keep the phone from tilting when pressed. The X will also help keep it oriented.

I own both of them. Absolutely love them.

Reactions: empirescrumble
Feb 26, 2011
You want either the Xway (vent) or FIXway (flat surface). With the size of the Galaxy Nexus, you will need the supporting X to keep the phone from tilting when pressed. The X will also help keep it oriented.

I own both of them. Absolutely love them.

Thanks for the reply! I ordered the Fixway last night, after finding a decent spot on my dash. I also purchased a GoGroove Smartmini Bluetooth FM transmitter (have had decent luck with their products in the past), as well as some beautiful NFC tags from www.identivenfc.com (along with ridiculously overpriced ground shipping). It's worth it though; if I'm gonna put a sticker on/near my dash, visible to all, I want it to at least look cool and say what it's for, so people don't think I just put random blank/abstract stickers on my dash, haha :)

Anyway, stoked on my new setup!!

5noc

Aug 3, 2010
I was wondering if the aluminum back cover will stick with the tetrex magnut.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminium-M...143579?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item337474cc1b

Anyone want to take a guess ?
I'm not taking a guess, I'll answer for sure as I have one now :p It's working like a charm, almost a week using the auminium battery door with the Tetrax thing (the most simple one, not the Fixway) and it stick nice, no sign of losing stickiness or whatsoever.

The only point is that I bought the case directly from dealextreme ($9,50 and free shipping) instead of eBay ($9,90 + $3 of shipping).

Ordered a black one for me and a pink one for my girlfriend but the pink one looks like **** so I ordered another black one for her :p

BTW, in the dealextreme pictures the battery door is branded as SAMSUN but in the ones I got it reads SAMSUNG, copyright thing I guess.

Last edited:

stigmato

Jul 11, 2010
I'm not taking a guess, I'll answer for sure as I have one now :p It's working like a charm, almost a week using the auminium battery door with the Tetrax thing (the most simple one, not the Fixway) and it stick nice, no sign of losing stickiness or whatsoever.

The only point is that I bought the case directly from dealextreme ($9,50 and free shipping) instead of eBay ($9,90 + $3 of shipping).

Ordered a black one for me and a pink one for my girlfriend but the pink one looks like **** so I ordered another black one for her :p

BTW, in the dealextreme pictures the battery door is branded as SAMSUN but in the ones I got it reads SAMSUNG, copyright thing I guess.

Which model do you have? I'm wondering if this will fit the i515 CDMA Nexus. Looks totally sweet though, might stop using my Ringke Slim to show off this battery door if it fits the VZW Nexus.

aichemist

Nov 23, 2009

Would the Galaxy wobble(move) with the simple one if you click on it because of the large surface? I'm planning on stick it near the radio area in my car =P. Not sure to go for simple or the Fix X version. Damn, spending more on this phone again. The iOtto wasn't working out for me very well.

5noc

Aug 3, 2010
Which model do you have? I'm wondering if this will fit the i515 CDMA Nexus. Looks totally sweet though, might stop using my Ringke Slim to show off this battery door if it fits the VZW Nexus.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the VZ model is the i515 and the description of the item says it's for the i9250 models so I guess it wont fit... I think the battery door may be a little bit different.
Would the Galaxy wobble(move) with the simple one if you click on it because of the large surface? I'm planning on stick it near the radio area in my car =P. Not sure to go for simple or the Fix X version. Damn, spending more on this phone again. The iOtto wasn't working out for me very well.
It deppends how hard you touch the screen and where you do it I suppose, I guess it will if you touch the screen by the edges, to be honest I just got the thing to have the phone visible while driving as I'm using an aftermarket bluetooth hands free and it does not have a screen where I can see the callers name :p

I don't know about your car but I had to put my phone on the right of my radio and I have to move a little my head to see the screen, I thinkg that does not happen with the fixie thing version as you can rotate it a little bit so the phone faces you while driving.

zaberdk

Jun 18, 2011
I just bought the Fixway. I can't figure out how to make it pivot slightly to face me. There is a nut which you can loosen, but when you tighten it again the X goes back flush with the dash. (So that the phone is parallel with the dash, and not tilted towards me) Am I missing something? Can anyone help? Thanks

zaberdk

Jun 18, 2011
I just bought the Fixway. I can't figure out how to make it pivot slightly to face me. There is a nut which you can loosen, but when you tighten it again the X goes back flush with the dash. (So that the phone is parallel with the dash, and not tilted towards me) Am I missing something? Can anyone help? Thanks

Never mind, I figured it out. :eek:

For anyone wondering, loosen the nut and push the X in whatever direction. It should pivot on the ball between the back of the X and the magnet that fixed it to your dash.

I'm very happy with it. Works great! I bought a gel skin for my Galaxy Nexus and attached the button to that. Didn't want to ruin my Nexus battery cover.

The_Tech_Ninja

Apr 24, 2007
Detroit
How do you order more metal plates that go on the back of the devices? Mine pretty much worn down and don't grab to the mount as well anymore.

I checked their site and Amazon but couldn't find it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To everyone that's asking, it's not a magnet you put on the door, it's just a metal circle. The magnet is on the mount that you put on your vent or dash.

I tried using a blow dryer to heat up the glue on the double sided tape, and that seamed to work a little better for me, but eventually came off. I guess I'll have to put it on a case.

IMG_20120129_115952.jpg

IMG_20120129_120032-1.jpg

IMG_20120129_120129.jpg

Sorry for the poor pictures, my camera sucks!
    Where can I get / how do I 'program' these NFC Stickers?? This sounds awesome.

www.tagstand.com to purchase the tags. Tell him DCoy82 sent you! The 30mm ultralight c circle NDEF formatted seem to be the only ones I've bought that work with the nexus so far.

Once you get them you can download program called NFC Task Launcher off the market to program them.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
    Has anybody tried the tetrax mounts yet with their galaxy nexus? Before I purchase one I'm curious of two things.

1. How well does the the magnet stick to the battery door since the battery cover is textured? I have an extra cover that I'll use simply for this.
    2. Does the magnet interfere with the NFC and/or screen at all?

In case your not sure what I'm referring to:

http://store.tetrax.us/xway-line/fixway
    I have actually tried it, but not with a clamp. Just following the regular directions. On my other phones, it created a very strong bond and it takes a lot of effort to remove. With the Nexus, it stays on the first couple of times you mount it, but that's about it. It's not an issue with the weight, as the G2 feels twice as heavy as the Nexus, especially with an extra capacity battery. It's the texture on the battery door. It almost feels like it has a Teflon coating.
    I have this installed on my nexus, I put the mount on my dash and the NFC sticker on my knob for the ac that get covered up. Everytime I put my phone on the mount, the nfc changes it to car mode, volume up, full brightness and launches sirius xm radio...works very well, sometimes I have to move it a bit to get to read the nfc, but thats only cause i have the nfc a little too far at the bottom of the phone and it mounts at a slight angle, not due to any interference at all. I have NFC chips all around and never have problems reading them at all, probably a good idea not to mount the metal chip right in the middle of the battery area, just in case. I also used a clamp to hold it on for about 3 or 4 hours and has had little trouble sticking to the texture.

I have had a few incidents if I pull off the phone, rather than slide it off the backing will actually unclip a single clip.