Lost root after flashing to 4.4 from stock rom

Search This thread

DurbanPoison24

Jan 30, 2011
Hey people it seems as though I lost root or at least "don't have proper root access" after flashing CMB rc3 ROM. I somehow updated SU binary but still am having issues gaining full root. If anybody has any information on how to help me it will be greatly appreciated.. I am also willing to go back to stock ROM and see if that works somehow but I forgot to backup stock ROM(I know I'm a moron) lol. I had the 4.2.2 OTA D80110g version prior to flashing to CMB.. Would greatly appreciate any help.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
Hey people it seems as though I lost root or at least "don't have proper root access" after flashing CMB rc3 ROM. I somehow updated SU binary but still am having issues gaining full root. If anybody has any information on how to help me it will be greatly appreciated.. I am also willing to go back to stock ROM and see if that works somehow but I forgot to backup stock ROM(I know I'm a moron) lol. I had the 4.2.2 OTA D80110g version prior to flashing to CMB.. Would greatly appreciate any help.

Download this and flash it in recovery http://download.chainfire.eu/376/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.89.zip?retrieve_file=1

It is the supersu.zip, it will reroot your device :good:

DurbanPoison24

Jan 30, 2011
Originally Posted by DurbanPoison24

Download this and flash it in recovery http://download.chainfire.eu/376/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.89.zip?retrieve_file=1

It is the supersu.zip, it will reroot your device :good:
Hey thanks for your assistance but I wound up just downloading the rooted stock OTA ROM and re-flashing it and I'm fully rooted again. But do you by any chance know how to fix the issue of losing root after upgrading to 4.4? Does what you told me to do fix that completely and keeps me fully rooted on 4.4? Sorry I'm pretty new to this stuff.

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
Hey thanks for your assistance but I wound up just downloading the rooted stock OTA ROM and re-flashing it and I'm fully rooted again. But do you by any chance know how to fix the issue of losing root after upgrading to 4.4? Does what you told me to do fix that completely and keeps me fully rooted on 4.4? Sorry I'm pretty new to this stuff.

if you flash to 4.4 aosp rom, you have to go into developer settings and set root as apps and adb. this will give you root access.

Reactions: Sneed003

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
Assuming that you know what you have done, this is the very first case, not only in this G2 subforum but entire XDA site, that I've heard installing custom ROM and lost root.

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
The first reply hit the nail on the head, some ROM don't have root for example Omni ROM in originaaal android development....you flash supersu zip after ROM and gapps....looks like you have everything going good, good luck man!

DurbanPoison24

Jan 30, 2011
Assuming that you know what you have done, this is the very first case, not only in this G2 subforum but entire XDA site, that I've heard installing custom ROM and lost root.

I may have misinterpreted. I wound up re-flashing stock ROM. Too nervous to go back to 4.4 because I don't fully understand what happned and I'll be damned if mess my phone up when I just got it yesterday. Lol, really want 4.4 though. Oh well I guess

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
I may have misinterpreted. I wound up re-flashing stock ROM. Too nervous to go back to 4.4 because I don't fully understand what happned and I'll be damned if mess my phone up when I just got it yesterday. Lol, really want 4.4 though. Oh well I guess

Hey man if you want 4.4 is simple just download the supersu.zip and when your in recovery do the correct wipe then flash ROM and gapps then supersu zip then reboot!

Most Roms have root already like Paranoid android, Mahdi, aokp......Roms like the one you used and omni you need to flash the supersu zip afterward that's it

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Yeah check developer settings for root or flash super su zip, also slimkat and others have working root.

Sent from my LG-D802

beto669

Apr 21, 2014
it works

I know this is a little old but im sure there are ppl with this problems, i am a newbie here and just trying to share, i flashed the suggested file and i got my root back, XDA its a really good site to learn and solve our problems, Thank you XDA!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

if you flash to 4.4 aosp rom, you have to go into developer settings and set root as apps and adb. this will give you root access.