The most fastest tablet! !

Search This thread

dt33

Apr 11, 2010
OK I see what you are saying about the shaking and dropping, but I don't see why one would consider that a bug. I must be missing something.
If it isnt a bug, then what do you call it? A feature? That no one wants and hopes for a fix soon.
This is obvious a bug and touchscreen is the most important part for a touchscreen device.
Note 3 have same related touchscreens issues and already got updates to fix it. If it isnt a bug, why would Samsung care to release fixes for it?

frankdanktank

Jan 27, 2014
If it isnt a bug, then what do you call it? A feature? That no one wants and hopes for a fix soon.
This is obvious a bug and touchscreen is the most important part for a touchscreen device.
Note 3 have same related touchscreens issues and already got updates to fix it. If it isnt a bug, why would Samsung care to release fixes for it?

It should be fixed but it's not like anyone's gonna be holding their app icon for 30 second. The icon shaking should be fixed but I can see the drop after 30 second being usefik

dt33

Apr 11, 2010
It should be fixed but it's not like anyone's gonna be holding their app icon for 30 second. The icon shaking should be fixed but I can see the drop after 30 second being usefik

Itsnt about tapping an app icon and hold it for 30sec.
In games with touch controller, it will cause problem when it reset like this and others apps which needs tapping. Same with screen shaking, while tapping the screen, scrolling through websites, maps and its annoying while the screen shaking. So far I can notice it in dolphin browser and not in chrome/stock browser. But in Chrome, sometimes opened it and adress field is shaking as hell, like it were on drugs.
I know and hopes Samsung release fix later, but if peoples doesnt see this as a bug, just ignore it, not reporting to Samsung and it will never get fixed.

Galaxy Note SM-P605

GeorgeP

Sep 19, 2007

I was speaking about the 30-second drop. I call that a non-issue. I have never experienced the other issues you mentioned (e.g., address field shaking in Chrome). I would consider that a bug.

Reactions: BarryH_GEG

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I was speaking about the 30-second drop. I call that a non-issue.

How the hell did anyone find it in the first place? What practical need presented itself to actually press an icon for 30 seconds? There's a bunch of threads here and in other forums riddled with things like this. One of my favorites is "if you set your display at 10% brightness in a dark room displaying a solid grey background you'll see 'blotches'" Since I can't imagine a single scenario where I'd actually do that I just kind of laugh. Since I can't see myself holding an icon down for 30 seconds I agree with you. This is a contrived issue.

I have never experienced the other issues you mentioned (e.g., address field shaking in Chrome). I would consider that a bug.

Nor have I. In fact I have a standing policy that if I have to be guided through umpteen unnatural steps to create an "issue" or "bug" and those umpteen steps in no way relate to anything I'd encounter in everyday use then, for me, it's not an issue. There's a ton of people that flocked to identical threads here and in the N3 forum created by the same author commenting on multi touch issues with the display. Seeing if "you have it" involves umpteen steps and the need to download s/w. Who knows, my N3 and/or N10.1-14 may have multi touch issues. In months of owning each I've never had an issue with either device. So even if the author of those threads that have people's panties in a bunch is right and I do have multi touch issues what difference does it make if doesn't affect anything I do?

To each their own but my life's too full of meaningful stuff not involving technology to waste time divining issues in the pursuit of the "perfect" phone or tablet. News flash, they don't exist. No more so than the perfect car, TV, dishwasher, toaster, and even significant other. And comparing myself to my electronic devices they're a lot more "perfect" than I am. ;)

jinda628

Nov 12, 2012
New York
I agree with Barry above. I don't see those browser problems as well. I saw the shaking and dropping but I asked the same question, who the he'll holds an icon that long?
I think the simplest way to address this is if you have complains, return it and get other tablets that doesn't have those issues.
I'm sure Samsung will fix it but if not, it doesn't affect my daily use.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
What ROM is that bro? Is that TW based?

It's a leak of the official AT&T 4.4 ROM that's undergoing testing. It's rock solid and the increase in UI responsiveness and fluidity is amazing. And the N3 was no slouch in those areas to begin with. In Samsung’s hands 4.4 is kind of a snore features wise. The Wi-Fi and location access settings have been cleaned up and there's some minor Android graphical changes and some new lock screen options but nothing that's "wow." So from a pure OS perspective we'll probably get pretty much the same thing. If the UI performance improvements are the same for us all the *****ing about lag will finally end.

dt33

Apr 11, 2010
I agree with Barry above. I don't see those browser problems as well. I saw the shaking and dropping but I asked the same question, who the he'll holds an icon that long?
I think the simplest way to address this is if you have complains, return it and get other tablets that doesn't have those issues.
I'm sure Samsung will fix it but if not, it doesn't affect my daily use.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Lol u just dont get it, its never about "holding a fk icon until it drops" and just a way to show the issue! The MAIN issue is tapping the screen and it will resets after certain time.
Im sure alot of peoples have bought theirs devices through Ebay or import it from others countries (incl me) and peoples cant just return it, get money back and buy other tablets!
But no use explains more and wasting time.

jinda628

Nov 12, 2012
New York
Lol u just dont get it, its never about "holding a fk icon until it drops" and just a way to show the issue! The MAIN issue is tapping the screen and it will resets after certain time.
Im sure alot of peoples have bought theirs devices through Ebay or import it from others countries (incl me) and peoples cant just return it, get money back and buy other tablets!
But no use explains more and wasting time.

I saw the icon shaking and dropping but I cant think of any application or games that will require you to tap the screen steady for 30s. I also dont have the browser problem that you have and I use both chrome for everything and dolphin for playing amazon prime videos.

I'm playing a game emulator on it and it requires touching the screen for the control pad without lifting it and I dont get any of that problem that must be related to dropping of icons.

Dont be pissed off if there are people here who doesnt share you frustration. We tried to look for that problem and understand if its gonna be a big deal. Obviously, a lot of people are happy with the tablet in general. Its easy bro, if you are not really happy and you think you cant send it back, then sell it. You can still get a decent price for that instead of being stressed and worrying about the people who doesnt see it the way you do. You should have sold or returned it the moment you saw the problem.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
The MAIN issue is tapping the screen and it will resets after certain time.

I may have missed it but how does what you're describing affect everyday use of the N10.1-14? Like what are you doing on the N10.1-14 when the problem presents itself? If in the middle of game play the screen resetting itself prevents you from controlling what's happening in the game that's a problem. If the screen resetting itself (which I honestly don't understand what that means) doesn't affect what you're doing in anyway other than shaking icons what difference does it make? If people want to gain support from the board in identifying or resolving issues they really need to explain the impact of the issue, how and where it presents itself, and how often it occurs. Not just in this thread but all XDA issues posts. Saying "icons shake if you hold them for longer than 30 seconds" or even "[the screen] resets after certain time" don't really describe a problem people can relate to. It comes across, at least to me, as anal retentive folks looking for issues.

Reactions: jinda628

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was speaking about the 30-second drop. I call that a non-issue.

How the hell did anyone find it in the first place? What practical need presented itself to actually press an icon for 30 seconds? There's a bunch of threads here and in other forums riddled with things like this. One of my favorites is "if you set your display at 10% brightness in a dark room displaying a solid grey background you'll see 'blotches'" Since I can't imagine a single scenario where I'd actually do that I just kind of laugh. Since I can't see myself holding an icon down for 30 seconds I agree with you. This is a contrived issue.

I have never experienced the other issues you mentioned (e.g., address field shaking in Chrome). I would consider that a bug.

Nor have I. In fact I have a standing policy that if I have to be guided through umpteen unnatural steps to create an "issue" or "bug" and those umpteen steps in no way relate to anything I'd encounter in everyday use then, for me, it's not an issue. There's a ton of people that flocked to identical threads here and in the N3 forum created by the same author commenting on multi touch issues with the display. Seeing if "you have it" involves umpteen steps and the need to download s/w. Who knows, my N3 and/or N10.1-14 may have multi touch issues. In months of owning each I've never had an issue with either device. So even if the author of those threads that have people's panties in a bunch is right and I do have multi touch issues what difference does it make if doesn't affect anything I do?

To each their own but my life's too full of meaningful stuff not involving technology to waste time divining issues in the pursuit of the "perfect" phone or tablet. News flash, they don't exist. No more so than the perfect car, TV, dishwasher, toaster, and even significant other. And comparing myself to my electronic devices they're a lot more "perfect" than I am. ;)
    The Sammy is a great tablet, but those folks are eating tainted mushrooms if they believe their results. I trust Anandtech more and they show the Air is faster. That said, seems arbitrary as a comparison since not same platform. My iPad 4 seems faster than the Sammy, so not a straight comparison.

Did Samsung pay for this analysis? ;)

I am not sure where you got that info from but they show the Air has a faster GPU and that is about it. Also Apple has focused on graphics power not cpu power of late. Comparing the Note 10.1 2014 and the Air are a bit skewed anyhow due to the Note being much more than a consumption device having the S pen and apps for the S pen.
    Fastest in benchmarks and fastest in actual use are two different things. A lot of benchmarks use emulators which bypass s/w on the device (EG: browser). I'm fine with the overall performance of the N10.1-14 but it isn't up to what the h/w's capable of delivering. There's occasional transition lag and some delay in opening and closing apps. Here's a quick video. Pinch zooming the home pages shouldn't be this slow; it's certainly not on my N3.

The good news is that official 4.4 on my N3 greatly sped up pretty much everything. And the videos taken at CES showing the new Tab/Note Pro's made them look a lot faster and more fluid than what we've got currently.

I'm happy with my N10.1-14 but it's not perfect. No device I've ever owned was/is.

To be fair, you are putting a lot of stress on the UI thread when you want to pinch-zoom all those tons of icons, screens, widgets etc., But like you said, it should have been better. The frame rate here was very low.

Have anyone seen the Hancom Office suit in the latest Tab/Note pro series. This is a lot like actual MS Office. Check this video and also screen shots in the review link:

03.jpg

05.jpg

53.jpg

17.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

Source: http://mobile-review.com/articles/2014/samsung-software-2014.shtml
    The MAIN issue is tapping the screen and it will resets after certain time.

I may have missed it but how does what you're describing affect everyday use of the N10.1-14? Like what are you doing on the N10.1-14 when the problem presents itself? If in the middle of game play the screen resetting itself prevents you from controlling what's happening in the game that's a problem. If the screen resetting itself (which I honestly don't understand what that means) doesn't affect what you're doing in anyway other than shaking icons what difference does it make? If people want to gain support from the board in identifying or resolving issues they really need to explain the impact of the issue, how and where it presents itself, and how often it occurs. Not just in this thread but all XDA issues posts. Saying "icons shake if you hold them for longer than 30 seconds" or even "[the screen] resets after certain time" don't really describe a problem people can relate to. It comes across, at least to me, as anal retentive folks looking for issues.