[Testers Needed] Sprint/Verizon Utility

Search This thread

DVS_Sokar

Apr 26, 2009
Sacramento,CA
Updated 01312014
Update: I have the core code done for the revamped Utility. I have changed 70% of the UI and will continue to add controls for 1 click functionality. Next Release as soon as I get all the code and design together.

Hello Fellow Max owners.

I have been working on a HTC One Max Utility that originally was going to be solely used for Changing the Bootloader Flag(Scotty1223's Fix for the Flag) and Removing the Tampered Flag on Verizon and Sprint phones(Again Scotty1223's fix for the Tampered Flag). This utility is Windows Based and provide a GUI instead of having to use the Terminal commands.

First let me thank the following users for there invaluable help during this project.

Credit:
Scott1223 XDA
Beanups XDA
Strace XDA
regaw_leinad XDA (Creator of AndroidLib.dll)

Prerequisites:

Windows 7 or 8 Machine (If your using XP it will most likely work but you should at least upgrade to 7 as XP support is expiring)
.Net Framwork 4.5 or 4.5.1
USB Cable
SuperUser Installed on your HTC One Max
Your have to be S-OFF (Rumrunner or other method)
A Sprint or Verizon Variant of the HTC One Max with Stock Rom (International support is in development)

What the program does:
This is essentially a Front end GUI for the commands that already exist in the following Threads:

[how to] lock/unlock your bootloader without htcdev(s-off required) (Scotty1223)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540004

and

[how to] remove your "tampered" banner (Scotty1223)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540024

My program on Start will Check for a HTC One Max Variant (Verizon or Sprint) that is STOCK (I am adding Other Rom Support but I need data still)

Once the phone is detected it will check to make sure you have the HTC Drivers Installed
Once the Drivers are detected it will check to make sure you have .Net 4.5 or 4.5.1 installed (yes those specifically)
At this point the application will ask you to agree to the terms of use and verifiy you have S-OFF on the phone (click agree to all button)
You you have agreed it pulls the device's Build.Prop File to populate the needed information about your phone (This is STOCK Verizon and Sprint Specific at the moment)
Your information will load and populate on the HTC picture to the Left of the program.
The program will then allow you to Change the Bootloader Flag to Locked (Null) or Unlocked (HTCU)
Once complete you can use the Boot to Bootloader button to verify the change. (Tool does not work in Bootloader Mode Yet)
Additionally you can Remove the Tampered Banner if it is showing from the bootloader. This is based on the Carrier Flag in the Build.Prop

V.1.1 Beta
Added Detection for HTC Drivers and .Net 4.5 and 4.5.1 Frame Work
Cleaned up Code and streamlined implementation.
Added Graphics and Build.Prop Pulls for Stock Verizon and Sprint Roms
Verified on Verizon Branded model that Lock and Unlock Flag Changed Accordingly in Bootloader.
Verified Tampared Flag Removal on Verizon Branded model with Stock Rom.

Basic Troubleshooting:

[Q]
Your application just crashed on Launch
[A]
Did you see a error windows or Debug Screen?
Typically this is due to not meeting the prerequisites required to use the program.

[Q]
The application says it can not detect my phone?
[A]
If you have meet the prerequisites and the program reports the phone not found trying starting and stopping the ADB damon.
Adb start-server
Adb kill-server
Press the Update Device Information Button to see if the device is detected now.

[Q]
The application loaded fine but crashes with a unhandled exception.
[A]
Please provide me with the Error code and diagnostic information in a Private Message.

[Q]
The program loads but when I accept the Terms some of the Phone information is not loading.
[A]
If you are using a Stock Verizon or Sprint Rom please dump your build.prop using the following command:
Code:
adb shell getprop > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\prop.txt
Send me the txt file for evaluation.

[Q]
Are you going to support international versions of the phone.
[A]
Yes eventually however I am currently collecting the information I need to code. Stay Tuned.

Screenshot:

HTCOneMaxUtility.jpg

Additional Features Coming Soon:
Another UI Overhaul
More code consolidation and clean up (Making app smaller)
Device State monitoring (Fastboot, Normal boot or Recovery boot States)
Sideloading Applications
PC to Android Apak installations (Direct installations to Android device)
Recovery installation TWRP and CWM (Thanks for permission Flyhalf)
Rom flashing

Download Link:

HTC One Max Utility V1.1 (Dev-Host)

Change Log:

V 1.1 Beta (Launch Bug Fix issue Corrected)
V 1.0 Beta (Original)

Last edited:

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
well, thats always a problem; I guess when ever you release a tool, you have to specify what versions it works on, and warn people to not try it unless they are on that version

DVS_Sokar

Apr 26, 2009
Sacramento,CA
Sorry guys got pulled at work for some programming jobs and it's been taking away from my app. Hopefully I can push out a updated version in the next week. Sorry for the delay.

Reactions: watters33

GothicGeek502

Mar 7, 2014
Software Not Working

Sorry guys got pulled at work for some programming jobs and it's been taking away from my app. Hopefully I can push out a updated version in the next week. Sorry for the delay.

I tried to run the program from the link you gave. It says I need .Net framework 4.5 when I already have it installed. Any deadline on 2.0 will be released?

DVS_Sokar

Apr 26, 2009
Sacramento,CA
I tried to run the program from the link you gave. It says I need .Net framework 4.5 when I already have it installed. Any deadline on 2.0 will be released?

I have a very updated version but unfortunately I haven't been able to work on the bugs that are in it at the moment. I have had 3 big programming jobs at work that are occupying my time for the release of the next version.

The application requires .net 4.5 framework be installed on the machine. It checks the registry for the key to confirm it's installed.

I suppose I can release a version without the software checks if you feel you have the system requirements. I have to find the bloody source first. lol

Or you can just install .Net 4.5.1 Framework and that should fix your wagon.

Last edited:

GothicGeek502

Mar 7, 2014
Already installed

I have a very updated version but unfortunately I haven't been able to work on the bugs that are in it at the moment. I have had 3 big programming jobs at work that are occupying my time for the release of the next version.

The application requires .net 4.5 framework be installed on the machine. It checks the registry for the key to confirm it's installed.

I suppose I can release a version without the software checks if you feel you have the system requirements. I have to find the bloody source first. lol

Or you can just install .Net 4.5.1 Framework and that should fix your wagon.

I already have 4.5.1 installed I have ALL the required .Net Frameworks I work on computers and also .net frameworks need to be installed to run Wireless Workshop, So yes I have the right stuff installed and it keeps saying I don't.

DVS_Sokar

Apr 26, 2009
Sacramento,CA
I already have 4.5.1 installed I have ALL the required .Net Frameworks I work on computers and also .net frameworks need to be installed to run Wireless Workshop, So yes I have the right stuff installed and it keeps saying I don't.

Is your Locate Language English?

This was written for US Copies of Windows. When the program searches for the Registry Keys for the .Net Framework all words are in english. That is the only thing I can Think of why it would not work.

GothicGeek502

Mar 7, 2014
Yes

Is your Locate Language English?

This was written for US Copies of Windows. When the program searches for the Registry Keys for the .Net Framework all words are in english. That is the only thing I can Think of why it would not work.

Yes I am from the US, I am using a fully legal paid for from Walmart Win7 Home Prem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Preview for Beta Build 2:

Updated 01312014
    Update: I have the core code done for the revamped Utility. I have changed 70% of the UI and will continue to add controls for 1 click functionality. Next Release as soon as I get all the code and design together.

Hello Fellow Max owners.

I have been working on a HTC One Max Utility that originally was going to be solely used for Changing the Bootloader Flag(Scotty1223's Fix for the Flag) and Removing the Tampered Flag on Verizon and Sprint phones(Again Scotty1223's fix for the Tampered Flag). This utility is Windows Based and provide a GUI instead of having to use the Terminal commands.

First let me thank the following users for there invaluable help during this project.

Credit:
    Scott1223 XDA
    Beanups XDA
    Strace XDA
    regaw_leinad XDA (Creator of AndroidLib.dll)

Prerequisites:

Windows 7 or 8 Machine (If your using XP it will most likely work but you should at least upgrade to 7 as XP support is expiring)
    .Net Framwork 4.5 or 4.5.1
    USB Cable
    SuperUser Installed on your HTC One Max
    Your have to be S-OFF (Rumrunner or other method)
    A Sprint or Verizon Variant of the HTC One Max with Stock Rom (International support is in development)

What the program does:
    This is essentially a Front end GUI for the commands that already exist in the following Threads:

[how to] lock/unlock your bootloader without htcdev(s-off required) (Scotty1223)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540004

and

[how to] remove your "tampered" banner (Scotty1223)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540024

My program on Start will Check for a HTC One Max Variant (Verizon or Sprint) that is STOCK (I am adding Other Rom Support but I need data still)

Once the phone is detected it will check to make sure you have the HTC Drivers Installed
    Once the Drivers are detected it will check to make sure you have .Net 4.5 or 4.5.1 installed (yes those specifically)
    At this point the application will ask you to agree to the terms of use and verifiy you have S-OFF on the phone (click agree to all button)
    You you have agreed it pulls the device's Build.Prop File to populate the needed information about your phone (This is STOCK Verizon and Sprint Specific at the moment)
    Your information will load and populate on the HTC picture to the Left of the program.
    The program will then allow you to Change the Bootloader Flag to Locked (Null) or Unlocked (HTCU)
    Once complete you can use the Boot to Bootloader button to verify the change. (Tool does not work in Bootloader Mode Yet)
    Additionally you can Remove the Tampered Banner if it is showing from the bootloader. This is based on the Carrier Flag in the Build.Prop

V.1.1 Beta
    Added Detection for HTC Drivers and .Net 4.5 and 4.5.1 Frame Work
    Cleaned up Code and streamlined implementation.
    Added Graphics and Build.Prop Pulls for Stock Verizon and Sprint Roms
    Verified on Verizon Branded model that Lock and Unlock Flag Changed Accordingly in Bootloader.
    Verified Tampared Flag Removal on Verizon Branded model with Stock Rom.

Basic Troubleshooting:

[Q]
    Your application just crashed on Launch
    [A]
    Did you see a error windows or Debug Screen?
    Typically this is due to not meeting the prerequisites required to use the program.

[Q]
    The application says it can not detect my phone?
    [A]
    If you have meet the prerequisites and the program reports the phone not found trying starting and stopping the ADB damon.
    Adb start-server
    Adb kill-server
    Press the Update Device Information Button to see if the device is detected now.

[Q]
    The application loaded fine but crashes with a unhandled exception.
    [A]
    Please provide me with the Error code and diagnostic information in a Private Message.

[Q]
    The program loads but when I accept the Terms some of the Phone information is not loading.
    [A]
    If you are using a Stock Verizon or Sprint Rom please dump your build.prop using the following command:
    Code:
    adb shell getprop > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\prop.txt
    Send me the txt file for evaluation.

[Q]
    Are you going to support international versions of the phone.
    [A]
    Yes eventually however I am currently collecting the information I need to code. Stay Tuned.

Screenshot:

HTCOneMaxUtility.jpg

Additional Features Coming Soon:
    Another UI Overhaul
    More code consolidation and clean up (Making app smaller)
    Device State monitoring (Fastboot, Normal boot or Recovery boot States)
    Sideloading Applications
    PC to Android Apak installations (Direct installations to Android device)
    Recovery installation TWRP and CWM (Thanks for permission Flyhalf)
    Rom flashing

Download Link:

HTC One Max Utility V1.1 (Dev-Host)

Change Log:

V 1.1 Beta (Launch Bug Fix issue Corrected)
    V 1.0 Beta (Original)